The Falkirk FC Thread

Who do you guys think Falkirk's player of the year is?

Was just thinking about this and there's no standout for me. This season really has been a great team effort.

Alston and Kerr are in with a shout. I would've gone Grant had he not got injured.

Alston and Kerr are in with a shout. I would've gone Grant had he not got injured.

I would've said Grant until his injury.  For me, it's got to be Kerr.  Consistent right the way through.  Vaulks has done well but has also faded more recently.

I'd probably give to it Kerr, just for consistency. Grant would have been up there but for his injury, probably the same can be said for Taiwo.

Alston's been brilliant recently, before that Vaulks had a strong spell, Baird's had a couple of runs where he just couldn't miss. Sibbald's been good - almost unplayable - in patches. Muirhead's adapted well to playing RB and Leahy's scored some important goals. 

I don't even own a kilt.

And I'd be a little concerned if I had a wife over twice my age

Does owning the falkirk kilt open up a new debate ?

I personally couldn't care less regarding Falkirk players in Scotland call ups, more of a hindrance, we are without O'Hara being an example, McGovern previously albeit different nation.

I like to see Falkirk players new and old do well but playing for a country won't define them for me

Who do you guys think Falkirk's player of the year is?

Was just thinking about this and there's no standout for me. This season really has been a great team effort.

A tough one, I'd agree with general consensus of Kerr based on consistency, altho someone could write the headlines in the coming weeks and steal the show

We are very much a team unit, seen us win comfortably, players score doubles/hat tricks and struggle to pin down a MOM

The question is though where were we ever going to get the millions needed to turn Brockville into a fully compliant 10,000 seater stadium? Its one thing spending a few grand on a couple of decent players wages but we weren't spending anywhere near the kind of cash we'd have needed to bring Brockville into the 21st century. The only real way was to sell Brockville and use the cash to build a brand new stadium. Unfortunately we all know how long it took the council to finally pass the plans to allow us to sell the ground to Morrisons and therefore get enough cash to start building TFS. Things may have been a bit different if it had always been 6000 seats as we may then have been able to cobble something together on the cheap at Brockville but 10000 seats was always going to be a non starter. I for one am glad we moved as even although I loved watching Falkirk at the old ground a cobbled together seated brockers would have been a disaster.

You can add to that the likes of Scotrail (or whatever they were called back then) holding FFC to randsom over the works on the rail bridge.

FFC, to my knowledge anyhoo, spent a great deal of time and money on just getting a deal on paper long before they were able to put any of those plans into action.

edit: "randsome" :huh:

Edited by Ned Nederlander

They bent over backwards for ICT too allowing them first to groundshare and then to switch stadium half way through the season. When we proposed a groundshare we were given no encouragement on that front at all. It was only when cuddly teams like ICT and Gretna got in to the same predicament as us that suddenly pressure from the media pushed the powers that be into changing the rules over night. Whilst it was the common sense approach its still sticks in the throat the way they continually knocked every proposal we put forward back for years plus preventing us going up as second to Dundee and instead giving us a paltry 250k in compensation.

The Inverness situation didn't bother me, the rule was an ass and thankfully it was punted into the long grass, IIRC FFC were dignified in their response to ICT getting the nod to ground share and rightly so.

Am I alright to go if no one in my party wears their kilt and no one brings their 50 year old wife?

The penny will drop one day along with your scrotum 

I used to go to every Scotland game home and away but eventually got fed up being let down continually by players that couldn't basically give a toss. That and the prats that go along and don't give a feck whether we win or get totally humped.

Exactly, Marsh - this is where you will eventually get to. The player bit and fan bit especially. 

I don't go out celebrating when Falkirk lose so why should I be happy when Scotland get humped off the park by a team like belorus. People should be pissed off when the team doesn't turn up but the majority don't give a feck and to me that's why we'll always be shit.

I don't go out celebrating when Falkirk lose so why should I be happy when Scotland get humped off the park by a team like belorus. People should be pissed off when the team doesn't turn up but the majority don't give a feck and to me that's why we'll always be shit.

:lol:

What a baby.

If I took that attitude with Arbroath this past year I'd be suicidal and to be fair, really quite rich.

The penny will drop one day along with your scrotum 

Exactly, Marsh - this is where you will eventually get to. The player bit and fan bit especially. 

I want Scotland to win but I don't care about them anywhere near as much as Falkirk. They are holidays for me with a football game I have an interest in thrown in. Following sports is a big part of my life.

I get where you're coming from re players/fans but it doesn't put me off. I doubt I'll be on as many trips once I'm getting on a bit in years, I do cringe at guys in their 40s in kilts being sick on themselves.

Football does not equal life. If I had a night out planned and saints lost I'd go on the night out. I'd maybe not have the same spring in my step but thinking people should go back to their hotel to sleep because their football team lost says more about you than those having a good time. Life is all about enjoying yourself, wee bit of advice for you.

I agree with this.

I want Scotland to win but I don't care about them anywhere near as much as Falkirk. They are holidays for me with a football game I have an interest in thrown in. Following sports is a big part of my life.

I get where you're coming from re players/fans but it doesn't put me off. I doubt I'll be on as many trips once I'm getting on a bit in years, I do cringe at guys in their 40s in kilts being sick on themselves.

I agree with this.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind seeing Scotland win. However if they lose they lose move on. The World Cup in 98 finished me. I have been to see Scotland twice since. At home v Czechs when they shat in the nest in the last minute and away to Brazil. The Brazil game told me exactly when I stopped going. The Tartan Army just makes me cringe. 

I have seen posts this morning on social media with fans complaining that they would get to Prague because they were flying via Brussels. I ask you? Is it really the sentiments to be coming out with looking a pictures today? 

Football does not equal life. If I had a night out planned and saints lost I'd go on the night out. I'd maybe not have the same spring in my step but thinking people should go back to their hotel to sleep because their football team lost says more about you than those having a good time. Life is all about enjoying yourself, wee bit of advice for you.

Nothing wrong with drowing your sorrows but to not give a monkeys whether we win or lose is something I just couldn't fathom out. You'd go to the game and get guys cheering the team off after another shit performance. The football had basically become 90mins that got in the way of a good bevvy session. I'm not saying you shouldnt go out after the game and try to forget about another woeful failure but too many werent bothered one way or another. 

Don't get me wrong I don't mind seeing Scotland win. However if they lose they lose move on. The World Cup in 98 finished me. I have been to see Scotland twice since. At home v Czechs when they shat in the nest in the last minute and away to Brazil. The Brazil game told me exactly when I stopped going. The Tartan Army just makes me cringe.

I have seen posts this morning on social media with fans complaining that they would get to Prague because they were flying via Brussels. I ask you? Is it really the sentiments to be coming out with looking a pictures today?

So Scotland fans don't care about what happened in Brussels? Are you being serious?

Nothing wrong with drowing your sorrows but to not give a monkeys whether we win or lose is something I just couldn't fathom out. You'd go to the game and get guys cheering the team off after another shit performance. The football had basically become 90mins that got in the way of a good bevvy session. I'm not saying you shouldnt go out after the game and try to forget about another woeful failure but too many werent bothered one way or another.

Nobody does 'not give a monkeys' though..?

You're just havering shite.