The Falkirk FC Thread

They bent over backwards for ICT too allowing them first to groundshare and then to switch stadium half way through the season. When we proposed a groundshare we were given no encouragement on that front at all. It was only when cuddly teams like ICT and Gretna got in to the same predicament as us that suddenly pressure from the media pushed the powers that be into changing the rules over night. Whilst it was the common sense approach its still sticks in the throat the way they continually knocked every proposal we put forward back for years plus preventing us going up as second to Dundee and instead giving us a paltry 250k in compensation.

not realy, they initialy didnt want to allow ICT to groundshare and were going to deny them promotion. it was only when the media turned on them for the farce of having no promotion for the 2nd year running that they dropped the requirements. we were the first champions not to have a stadium. thats why it happened to us.

the stadium rules were about as stupid as you could get, but. they had been there for 4 seasons by 2003, we spent money on a team capable of winning promotion knowing fine well we didnt have the infrastructure. we had been denied promotion due to last minuit rule changes when finishing second.  in 2003 when we were winning the league without a stadium, i 'd bet the board just sat confident thinking " lets just call their bluff, theres no way they wont allow the champions up"  it was a farce, but not biased against falkirk, ffs neither we nor motherwell are important to them

A Falkirk Fan supporting Scotland is on a par, with a Falkirk Fan buying a forklift from Ful-ton Forklifts and their Butcher meat from The Deans

I'll let you know if they sell either of those things in Prague. Edited by Marshmallo

Its paranoid that were denied promotion, whilst the very next year Inverness are allowed up and they were aloowed to groundshare and get away with having temp stands??? Really?

You are all too quick to forget, we were screwed by the SFA - this is a fact. No true Falkirk fan should ever forget and every chance we get we should stick it to the SFA and the member clubs that screwed us too.

Why support an organistion that basically tried to kill us?

Sorry to jump in a few hours late but surely it was the SPL as it was at the time that cost you promotion?

Its paranoid that were denied promotion, whilst the very next year Inverness are allowed up and they were aloowed to groundshare and get away with having temp stands??? Really?

You are all too quick to forget, we were screwed by the SFA - this is a fact. No true Falkirk fan should ever forget and every chance we get we should stick it to the SFA and the member clubs that screwed us too.

Why support an organistion that basically tried to kill us?

Sorry to jump in a few hours late but surely it was the SPL as it was at the time that cost you promotion?

Do Falkirk actually own their stadium? Wiki is quite unclear (nae shit, Sherlock) it reads to me that you own the seats, but not the stands they sit in?! :unsure:

Not quite. We own both North & South stands in their entirety as well as the 4G main pitch obviously.

The West stand (main), is owned jointly with Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd (Falkirk Council). We own all the football related areas in the stand and all pitch facing areas, ie the seats. Council own the rest ie; Lounges & Office space. The former of which is rented on match days by FFC.

Edited by RC55 FFC

I don't particularly like the SFA as an organisation but it doesn't mean that when Scotland are playing I'm not belting out the national anthem and hoping for Anya and Naisy to rip whoever we're playing a new arsehole. As far as I'm concerned the team are representing the country, the SFA are just a vehicle for actually organising football in Scotland.

The SFA are still a far better organisation than SPFL, for a start.

Freak show.

Full of 50 year old women dressed in short tartan skirts keeping their eye on their husbands cause they don't trust the c***s going away on their own.

Pandemonium

not realy, they initialy didnt want to allow ICT to groundshare and were going to deny them promotion. it was only when the media turned on them for the farce of having no promotion for the 2nd year running that they dropped the requirements. we were the first champions not to have a stadium. thats why it happened to us.

the stadium rules were about as stupid as you could get, but. they had been there for 4 seasons by 2003, we spent money on a team capable of winning promotion knowing fine well we didnt have the infrastructure. we had been denied promotion due to last minuit rule changes when finishing second.  in 2003 when we were winning the league without a stadium, i 'd bet the board just sat confident thinking " lets just call their bluff, theres no way they wont allow the champions up"  it was a farce, but not biased against falkirk, ffs neither we nor motherwell are important to them

The question is though where were we ever going to get the millions needed to turn Brockville into a fully compliant 10,000 seater stadium? Its one thing spending a few grand on a couple of decent players wages but we weren't spending anywhere near the kind of cash we'd have needed to bring Brockville into the 21st century. The only real way was to sell Brockville and use the cash to build a brand new stadium. Unfortunately we all know how long it took the council to finally pass the plans to allow us to sell the ground to Morrisons and therefore get enough cash to start building TFS. Things may have been a bit different if it had always been 6000 seats as we may then have been able to cobble something together on the cheap at Brockville but 10000 seats was always going to be a non starter. I for one am glad we moved as even although I loved watching Falkirk at the old ground a cobbled together seated brockers would have been a disaster.