The Falkirk FC Thread

I used to go to every Scotland game at home & travelled to a few games too.

Not been since 2009 & Craig Levein's tenure. Put me off dishing out over £30 a ticket.

For those reasons and more, I too wouldn't give the SFA the steam off my piss.

Any Falkirk Fan that goes to watch Scotland isnt a Falkirk fan, how can anyone support the representive team of an organistion that goes out its way to screw us.

Utter pish. A few of us will be in Prague later in the week. We've all been watching Falkirk for more than thirty years, from the days of the old Second Division and watching teams like Clyde take six off us, yet according to you we're not Falkirk fans? 

Utter pish. A few of us will be in Prague later in the week. We've all been watching Falkirk for more than thirty years, from the days of the old Second Division and watching teams like Clyde take six off us, yet according to you we're not Falkirk fans? 

Yes, I am saying that, by going to watch Scotland you give tacit approval of the decision by SFA to deny us promotion.

If you love Falkirk FC, you have to hate the SFA and their representive team.

Yes, I am saying that, by going to watch Scotland you give tacit approval of the decision by SFA to deny us promotion.

If you love Falkirk FC, you have to hate the SFA and their representive team.

I would love to think that you're at the windup.

This. The lads having a nightmare here. Proper paranoia of Celtic proportions as TGIG has already mentioned.

Its paranoid that were denied promotion, whilst the very next year Inverness are allowed up and they were aloowed to groundshare and get away with having temp stands??? Really?

You are all too quick to forget, we were screwed by the SFA - this is a fact. No true Falkirk fan should ever forget and every chance we get we should stick it to the SFA and the member clubs that screwed us too.

Why support an organistion that basically tried to kill us?

I bet the same people who are calling me paranoid, are the same people that don't vote Labour in Falkirk because of what they did to us regarding the new stadium.

Funny how people can keep that vandetta going but not the SFA/Scotland one - I wonder why? Could it be a 3 day booze up with added ogling in Prague.

I have always supported Scotland and will continue to do so. Really looking forward to the first qualifier in Malta, which will hopefully give me enough points for the England game. 

As for Labour, they can get to f**k permanently. They will never be forgiven for marching over the border hand in hand with the Tories in Scotland's hour of need. 

On the players front he does have a point. We keep on hearing about how great our youth set up is but we rarely see any of our players selected for the under 21's until they move elsewhere. Guys like Sibbald who have over 100 first team appearances keep getting overlooked for old firm and other Premiership players who are playing in under 20's leagues or sitting on the bench most Saturdays.

He'd have a point if it was a concerted anti-Falkirk bias, it's just incompetence on the part of our management team. It's the same for every club.

I doubt it is, I'm not sure id pick players in the championship for the squad, I've got my own thoughts on Strachans selections but I don't think theres any anti Falkirk bias.

The spl. criteria thing  been done to death, they wanted to please sky with big nice looking stadiums with undersoil heating and nice pitches etc etc all to look good on telly, the rules were in place for 4 year yet we took no action on the state of brockvil . the next year they finaly realised theyd made a f**k up and that it would look bad if this happened every year. No bias

I bet the same people who are calling me paranoid, are the same people that don't vote Labour in Falkirk because of what they did to us regarding the new stadium.

Funny how people can keep that vandetta going but not the SFA/Scotland one - I wonder why? Could it be a 3 day booze up with added ogling in Prague.

I don't vote Labour because on the whole they could not run a piss up in a brewery, But back to football Scotland Fan and Falkirk Fan don't see the problem with that Gordon Strachan has missed out on Arfield and he may regret that then again he may not time will tell

The spl. criteria thing been done to death, they wanted to please sky with big nice looking stadiums with undersoil heating and nice pitches etc etc all to look good on telly, the rules were in place for 4 year yet we took no action on the state of brockvil . the next year they finaly realised theyd made a f**k up and that it would look bad if this happened every year. No bias

I saw the criteria as more of an added insurance policy against relegation myself.

We were excluded as per the rules but it does still irk me slightly that we were denied despite having sold Brockville and started building TFS whilst Gretna were welcomed despite having no intention what-so-ever of building something more suitable.

Gretna playing at a First Division ground when their ground-sharing farce went tits-up was just a further kick in the teeth.

The SPL bent over backwards for joke club Gretna but we're no help what-so-ever when it came to us.

All this has been done to death of course.

Its paranoid that were denied promotion, whilst the very next year Inverness are allowed up and they were aloowed to groundshare and get away with having temp stands??? Really?

You are all too quick to forget, we were screwed by the SFA - this is a fact. No true Falkirk fan should ever forget and every chance we get we should stick it to the SFA and the member clubs that screwed us too.

Why support an organistion that basically tried to kill us?

I dont want to sound pedantic but it would be the SPL that denied us promotion not the SFA. 

I am no lover of the cuddly SFA 11, in fact the Tartan Army is a freek show, but to think the SFA is picking on Falkirk in particular is a tad paranoid IMO. 

They bent over backwards for ICT too allowing them first to groundshare and then to switch stadium half way through the season. When we proposed a groundshare we were given no encouragement on that front at all. It was only when cuddly teams like ICT and Gretna got in to the same predicament as us that suddenly pressure from the media pushed the powers that be into changing the rules over night. Whilst it was the common sense approach its still sticks in the throat the way they continually knocked every proposal we put forward back for years plus preventing us going up as second to Dundee and instead giving us a paltry 250k in compensation.

Maybe folk don't vote Labour in Falkirk because they used to be good but now suck, like Fanta.