The Falkirk FC Thread

I have known Scotty Arfield for years and just seen he has posted a Canadian passport on his Facebook. Looks like he has finally given up on getting a Scotland cap. Shame as he will always give 100% even though he maybe isn't the most talented of players.

Not sure if you're fishing but I'll bite anyway. He far more to offer Scotland now than others who've been called up. I don't blame him. He's been playing consistently at a good level in England for years and not got a sniff.

I have known Scotty Arfield for years and just seen he has posted a Canadian passport on his Facebook. Looks like he has finally given up on getting a Scotland cap. Shame as he will always give 100% even though he maybe isn't the most talented of players.

You've known him for years have you? Why not call him then and ask him.

Not sure if you're fishing but I'll bite anyway. He far more to offer Scotland now than others who've been called up. I don't blame him. He's been playing consistently at a good level in England for years and not got a sniff.

Of course he does, better than Bannan and others who have been tried and mainly failed. I meant by not talented in a flair way as he is clearly talented. Never going to beat 4/5 men and stick it in the top bag but is one of the fittest players in England and never ever hides.

You've known him for years have you? Why not call him then and ask him.

Yes near enough 17/18 years I will have known him but he is now playing in England and I am not exactly good friends with him. Sorry you feel the need to be so defensive.

tbh I don't know why they don't just do 11th v 4th and 2nd v 3rd over 2 legs then a one off final at a neutral site. Maybe that would be too simple.

Because that wouldn't load things enough in the favour of the top flight side.

For years It was only one up, one down with the top division while the others swapped two, then introduced play-offs.

It was a big shift to get play-offs at all. They're still not exactly fair, but it's a vast improvement on the closed shop we used to have.

Get him in the squad, he's really, really fit!

Or how about he's played in games against some of the best in the world and done well.

Something which McGinn or any (?) current Hibs players can claim. Except perhaps stokes, who is now crap and was years ago he was rubbing shoulders with top players down south. Oh yeah and he's not actually yours either.

Edited by BountyBairn

Because that wouldn't load things enough in the favour of the top flight side. For years It was only one up, one down with the top division while the others swapped two, then introduced play-offs. It was a big shift to get play-offs at all. They're still not exactly fair, but it's a vast improvement on the closed shop we used to have.

To be honest if they're going to insist on the 11th side only playing one tie then I'd prefer to just scrap the involvement of 3rd and 4th and just make a single one off game 2nd v 11th

To be honest if they're going to insist on the 11th side only playing one tie then I'd prefer to just scrap the involvement of 3rd and 4th and just make a single one off game 2nd v 11th

That's what it was briefly, back just before the hideous SPL was born.

What you describe would actually be fairer, but wouldn't open things up in the way it operates currently. I must admit though that although we've been involved lately, there is something questionable about 4th in a league of 10 getting a shot at promotion. It is after all, virtually mid table.

Or how about he's played in games against some of the best in the world and done well.

Something which McGinn or any (?) current Hibs players can claim. Except perhaps stokes, who is now crap and was years ago he was rubbing shoulders with top players down south. Oh yeah and he's not actually yours either.

What's this got to do with Scotty being really, really fit?