The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It’s the consistency though. Most people know that’s not a deliberate handball, but anyone who watches the Scottish Premiership sees refs have been giving penalties for exactly the same as that on a weekly basis. 

Penalty given Friday night for Ross County for similar and not even an on-field VAR check today.

Shirking responsibility has been removed from the field-of-play to a portacabin in a non-descript industrial estate.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I asked my daughter for a Stein for Father’s Day but dunno if she’s managed to get one, hopes so my Tennents is goni taste oh so good out of that 🍻

Tennents wouldn’t taste good in any container 

12 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

He's been freed now as Livi have signed Lewis Smith from Accies. 

He's not actually been freed, the post stating he was released only went out on Instagram and is now deleted. We're actively looking for a fee for him as he's under contract. 

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We're actively looking for a fee for him as he's under contract. 

All the best in that venture. Given the amount of decent players at this level available for free, I’d be astonished if there are any takers. 

38 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

All the best in that venture. Given the amount of decent players at this level available for free, I’d be astonished if there are any takers. 

As would I, to be fair. It'd be bad business to let him just walk to another club in the same division for free though. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

Tennents wouldn’t taste good in any container 

We’ll agree to disagree on this, I’ve tried all they foreign fancy beers and you cannot beat a cold pint of T 😁

Edited by Harry Kinnear

14 hours ago, Onthegoalline1876 said:

Have to say what a fantastic night last night in Camelon

Today in “things nobody has ever said before”…

Raith it is, very interesting league next year with no real clear favourites. Easton leaving will be a massive leveller for Raith and Livi's new signings haven't filled me with fear.

3/4 quality signings and we should be in and around the promotion playoffs.

Have to say having watched Raith a few times in the past few months Rudden looks absolutely murder and surely a career in part time football or the lowland league beckons. Think he had a purple patch with us but has looked terrible since.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Have to say having watched Raith a few times in the past few months Rudden looks absolutely murder and surely a career in part time football or the lowland league beckons. Think he had a purple patch with us but has looked terrible since.

He had that youthful exuberance at us with a bit of pace and energy to go with it. He just looks like a big lump now and he's only 24.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Next seasons Championship:

Falkirk

Raith

Livingston

Hamilton

Dunfermline

Airdrie

Ayr

Partick

Morton

Queens Park

Could you not have took an extra minute to put that in order? Or is that you prediction for next season.

21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Minds me of us v Killie in the second leg, County just look bigger and stronger than Raith.

Seemed exactly like that game. I remember at Killie feeling like going home the minute it went 1-0. A total pumping was inevitable. 

Have to think we have a brilliant chance of winning the Championship next season. I know people will rightly say that's too ambitious and we should be looking to reach the playoffs but I expect this to be the weakest Championship for a long time. In fact looking back when has it been weaker? Round about the Hughes era maybe.