The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sorry I don't. I assume it was after one of their goals? 

When we score, I shoot everything that I can as the more pictures I can get of happy Falkirk players the better. 

When the opposition score, I keep my finger on the trigger for a couple of seconds only. I usually keep one opposition pic from a "recording history" perspective but once I have it I don't want any more. 

Ah.. Gutted!! It was just after they scored the opener. He was around the centre circle area and started bouncing about facing the KM7 stand cupping his ears. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but he never showed that much energy or passion for us when he was stealing a wage! 

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Can’t add videos here so a screengrab is all I can use. If you don’t think McCann should be more switched on then that’s fine but wouldn’t say it’s a nonsense. Both him and Lang have been excellent so don’t want to be over critical but it’s moments like that, which can cost us points. Thankfully it didn’t matter in the end but any lapses next week will be more costly. 

Our midfield didn’t cover the Montrose players run don’t think McCann can be blamed for that

Edited by grumpyoldman

1 hour ago, grumpyoldman said:

Our midfield didn’t cover the Montrose players run don’t think McCann can be blamed for that

Not sure of their defensive instructions but I wouldn’t have expected the midfield to pick him up when McCann is lying spare. For me, he should be tucked in, in line with Lang and there to cover but he gets caught napping and by the time he reacts, it’s too late. You can see Lang throw his arms out to McCann when he turns and realises he isn’t there to cover so seems like he expected him to be there too. 

IMG_7349.png

Edited by Van_damage

McCann or anyone playing LB or RB roles, should always be looking at covering the space if left or exposed by the CBs. But give some credit to Montrose. We’re vastly improved with Lang so let’s move on. 
Walking out on Saturday was as good a feeling I’ve had since Jeffries / McCall. Hamilton are flying so it’s going to be a hellava game. Confident as long as we keep up the application and desire. 

41 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Not sure of their defensive instructions but I wouldn’t have expected the midfield to pick him up when McCann is lying spare. For me, he should be tucked in, in line with Lang and there to cover but he gets caught napping and by the time he reacts, it’s too late. You can see Lang throw his arms out to McCann when he turns and realises he isn’t there to cover so seems like he expected him to be there too. 

IMG_7349.png

He’s walked away from Spencer

IMG_0768.png

Out tomorrow…👀

🔵 Review the HUGE win over Montrose with Ultras 1876 Darren Baird & William Adam 🥁
⚪️ Preview Accies game with Ben from @OAccies podcast 🔴 
🔵 Discuss all things Falkirk Women with captain Lauren Shaw©️🫡 &
⚪️ Falkirk Supporters Society monthly draw 🏆

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_4863.thumb.jpeg.224dd5ec7d465efa4b5c33ad453a2d30.jpeg

16 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

He’s walked away from Spencer

IMG_0768.png

It’s not Spencer’s man to cover. Him and Henderson are there to cover the space in front of the defence. McCann should be tucked in the back alongside with the rest of the defence and covering their front line. 

Edited by Van_damage

2 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

It’s not Spencer’s man to cover. Him and Henderson are there to cover the space in front of the defence. McCann should be tucked in the back alongside with the rest of the defence and covering their front line. 

Said before that McCann impresses going forward but I have concerns re his ability to get back and cover. I guess this is why McGlynn appears to prefer Mackie although I think both have their weaknesses……

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Said before that McCann impresses going forward but I have concerns re his ability to get back and cover. I guess this is why McGlynn appears to prefer Mackie although I think both have their weaknesses……

McCann is by far the better “attacking” defender, but McGlynn would have a fit MacKie in the LB role for his defensive awareness.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

McCann is by far the better “attacking” defender, but McGlynn would have a fit MacKie in the LB role for his defensive awareness.

Yep, only problem there is he may be better aware but Mackie Isn’t the best at defending with a tendency to make mistakes.
So McCann still the better option but he will need to be better at tracking back for Hamilton or it something that they may well exploit…..

9 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

So you’re saying that if an opposition midfielder ventures up the field during an attack our midfielders shouldn’t track back.

I don't have a big problem with the second goal tbh, it was all a bit unlucky. Yeats should probably challenge for the first header a bit better, Lang then makes a rare mistake charging in and McCann should be tucked further back. Frustrating as much like Montrose's first goal it really came out of nothing. I think it essentially comes from having an attacking mentality and a desire to win the ball back as quickly as possible, which I'd rather have than not 

16 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

So you’re saying that if an opposition midfielder ventures up the field during an attack our midfielders shouldn’t track back.

Not saying that. The player in question is part of their front line and should be covered by our defence. If Spencer was to mark him all the way then would cause a gap in midfield. Spencer is there to pick up midfielders that are pushing forward, as you say but that’s not Lyons. If it’s a translation from attack and Spencer is covering McCann then he should follow him but that’s not the case for this phase of play. 

This explains it a bit more…

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/the-4-2-3-1-football-tactics-pochettino-guardiola-flick-southgate/#:~:text=The back line of four,the spaces between the lines.

What are the out-of-possession responsibilities of the players in a 4-2-3-1?

The back line of four will defend as a compact unit. The full-backs tuck in, and will defend against wide players in one-on-one situations. The central defenders will mark the opposition’s strikers. The double pivot provides protection ahead of the centre-backs, covering the spaces between the lines.’

In terms of that second goal it didn't impact the result in the end so not worth getting too worked up about bit there were a few mistakes.

Land doesn't need to charge across the park, McCann not on the cover and Spencer unaware of the boy peeling off the back of him and doesn't track the run so McGlynn won't be happy.

I think he will boot the baws in the order Lang, McCann, Spencer. 

3 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

In terms of that second goal it didn't impact the result in the end so not worth getting too worked up about bit there were a few mistakes.

Land doesn't need to charge across the park, McCann not on the cover and Spencer unaware of the boy peeling off the back of him and doesn't track the run so McGlynn won't be happy.

I think he will boot the baws in the order Lang, McCann, Spencer. 

Agree. Just brought it up as an observation. Didn’t think it was worth repeating what a great win it was. That goes without saying for me. 

🚨OUT NOW…🚨

🆕🎙️EP:55 DRINKING RYAN WILLIAMSON’S TEARS

🔵 Review the HUGE win over Montrose with Darren Baird & William Adam from Ultras 1876 🥁📣
⚪️ Preview Accies (H) with @OAccies podcast 🔴
🔵 Discuss all things @FalkirkWomen_ with captain Lauren Shaw ©️🫡
⚪️ Falkirk Supporters Society monthly draw 🏆 
🔵 Fortress Brockville event - Tickets selling fast 🎟️
⚪️ PLUS all the latest news from FFC 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_4863.thumb.jpeg.7bd7010a382ebaeae395b40d00ce1335.jpeg