The get fit, stay fit thread

I tore a muscle in my foot near my little toe. That Hurt like a bitch. For about 10 days I couldn't put any pressure on it at all, even my shoe touching it was agony.
I was feart to go to sleep as it would seize up during the night and the pain in the morning would make a stone cry.

Anyway, the only exercises I could do was core stuff like reverse crunches, and free weights.
And wanking.

Used to do hill sprints a lot. Try keeping close to the hiit idea of 20 secs at 100% followed by 1 min 40 jog back to the original point, ten times. Great for fitness. 

That's pretty much what I'm doing at the minute. I don't know why but in my mind if I'm counting to ten when I get to 6 my legs start to go and my mind wants to give up. So I've started counting to 5 twice and I have no problems. The mind is a strange thing eh?

Buying a skipping/ jump rope is great way to get fit at home. Can get very good ones for a tenner.  

I also invested in one of these a couple weeks ago. Absolutely magic!

I try to mix up my workouts as much as possible. If anyone is looking for decent ones on YouTube then there's good ones if you search for Hasfit. There is a bit of fucking around with them explaining the moves though so I tend to write down what they're doing and then go for it myself.

15 minutes ago, K.T said:

That's pretty much what I'm doing at the minute. I don't know why but in my mind if I'm counting to ten when I get to 6 my legs start to go and my mind wants to give up. So I've started counting to 5 twice and I have no problems. The mind is a strange thing eh?

I used to go to military fitness training and the instructor would count up to 5 then from 5 down. The only problem was the evil cunt would shout the final number 2 about 5 times. 

I don't really like doing exercises that put me through pain even if i feel good after it, its good how well i can do the hit work outs now compared to when i did the first one about a month ago though, up down planks are my favourite thing to do and i can really feel my abs and shoulders working but don't feel too much pain. Quite happy with how i look right now, my arms and shoulders look great but i just have this disproportionally fat belly that won't go away until i stop drinking. [emoji38]

You are me. Except substitute drink for sweets and sugary nonsense.

See I've admitted to myself I have a sugar addiction. I eat healthy and have regular exercise to combat having a desk job. However evenings can see me munching a bag of cookies, a bag of toffee and a bowl of chocolate raisins/peanuts.
If I can cut that stuff out I hope to lose the belly fat, as I'm doing good cardio and ab work. If I can make it to Friday not buying and eating nonsense I'll be delighted, 2 days OK so far.

It's frustrating. But I kicked fizzy drinks years ago, sure I can do this. Want to be 32 inch waist, currently 36. Plan on having a couple of beers Saturday night with DA but it's not often I have any so come Sunday I'll do something to try negate those.

I appear to have done something to my sciatic nerve. Woke up this morning and my right leg between my arse cheek and back of my thigh is twitching like Muhammad Ali with hypothermia. Not quite painful but certainly uncomfortable when walking. Slight pain in the middle of my lower back also. Will take a night off tonight and maybe do some stretching to see if it helps.

17 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I appear to have done something to my sciatic nerve. Woke up this morning and my right leg between my arse cheek and back of my thigh is twitching like Muhammad Ali with hypothermia. Not quite painful but certainly uncomfortable when walking. Slight pain in the middle of my lower back also. Will take a night off tonight and maybe do some stretching to see if it helps.

Get some nice bird to walk on your back. 

I'm another sweets/sugar addict. Whenever I put on weight it's on my middle. Had a long dry spell and found I ate more sweets. Been boozing a bit again and found myself less interested in sweets. 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Get some nice bird to walk on your back. 

I'm another sweets/sugar addict. Whenever I put on weight it's on my middle. Had a long dry spell and found I ate more sweets. Been boozing a bit again and found myself less interested in sweets. 

The last time I had this sort of pain I cured it by doing an absolutely huge shite. That hasn't worked this time.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

The last time I had this sort of pain I cured it by doing an absolutely huge shite. That hasn't worked this time.

Last time I had something like that I cured it with a game of squash. Probably not what a doctor would advise. Maybe lie on a bed of Toblerones? 

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

On first reading i thought that said that you "Woke up with your right leg between your arse cheeks" and thought, well neither wonder it hurts. :lol:

OH and I have been trying to get fit since Nov last year, though only a bit more seriously since Jan as Christmas always fucks it up. Going well so far, we train in Krav Maga 2-3 times a week and now have been going to the gym as well. Weight is coming off, though OH is having more success there than I am since I struggle with the sweet stuff as well but he has been totally off the beer.

I also invested in one of these a couple weeks ago. Absolutely magic!

I try to mix up my workouts as much as possible. If anyone is looking for decent ones on YouTube then there's good ones if you search for Hasfit. There is a bit of fucking around with them explaining the moves though so I tend to write down what they're doing and then go for it myself.

Count backwards in your head have 10 a head of you and everyone you run takes one off that number. That's how I used to do it. Good thing about Jill sprints is they are over quick. No idea why anyone would CHOOSE to do them though unless they're training for an event. They are no fun. Easier ways to burn calories and get in shape.

Count backwards in your head have 10 a head of you and everyone you run takes one off that number. That's how I used to do it. Good thing about Jill sprints is they are over quick. No idea why anyone would CHOOSE to do them though unless they're training for an event. They are no fun. Easier ways to burn calories and get in shape.

My thought process was that there was a big hill behind my house and as I gazed at it I thought "I bet that'll work". Any better suggestions will be welcomed by me.

On 7.2.2017 at 12:22, Shandon Par said:

Last time I had something like that I cured it with a game of squash. Probably not what a doctor would advise. Maybe lie on a bed of Toblerones? 

Would need to be the old ones rather than the new ones I think.

Anyway, I'm putting it down to bad posture and a dodgy sleeping position. Leg and back felt fine last night so cracked on with the usual workout. Lower back on the left side is a tad tender today but it's definitely a muscular thing, going by previous experience.