The get fit, stay fit thread

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Oh I'm sure I won't drink again. I probably did about 2 big workouts a day when boozing. Usually to unleash all the stress and anger from problems my booze would cause. Already run about 7-8 4 or 5 times a week with the dog and a couple of boxing workouts at weekend so allied to cutting out junk food it's not much of a stretch. I'm always up early so can do a run at 6ish in the morning and have plenty of time for work. Going on hols next month so like to treat it like training for a fight.

Did you workout when you were drunk?  How did that go?

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Did you workout when you were drunk?  How did that go?

Went running a in summer and wondering why I was so utterly cunted trying to run from my place into town get something from my office then remembered I'd not long finished 5 Stellas. Never really got bad hangovers so would normally be in the gym for 6 after a night boozing and work as hard as possible then have a sauna and be back home bright eyed and bushy tailed by 8 when everyone else was still in bed. 

I'm one of these arseholes that tailed off going to the gym at the end of November, done heehaw exercise all of December, and am back into the swing of things now.  Done a light 5k on the treadmill last night, followed by a few reps, and will be going back again tonight.  Was surprisingly quiet last night, thought it would be rammed.

Doing that Dry January too which is just terrific... 

At the end of September I was 105kg (I’m 5 foot 8).

I’m now 95 kg and the goal is to get into the low 80’s this year.

I’ve also signed up to a marathon in May and I want to do it in 4 and a half hours.

Weighed myself at the gym this morning to find I was 92kg but that I’d basically lost all muscle instead of fat.

I suppose muscle loss is to be expected with doing more long distance running but does anyone have any tips on trying to make sure the weight loss is mostly fat and not muscle, whilst also incorporating distance running?

There will be people in here who know a lot more about this than me but I think it’s very hard to train for distance running without losing muscle. If you want to maintain muscle then resistance training is best for that. To lose weight you need to be in a calorific deficit, to maintain muscle its best to focus on weight training doing that.

There will be people in here who know a lot more about this than me but I think it’s very hard to train for distance running without losing muscle. If you want to maintain muscle then resistance training is best for that. To lose weight you need to be in a calorific deficit, to maintain muscle its best to focus on weight training doing that.

Yeah I think I’ll have to accept muscle loss and that’s fine, it’s just that I’m still carrying too much fat and don’t want it to prevent fat burn.

I’m splitting my time between running and gym/weights/HIIT so hopefully that will work long term.

49 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I think I’ll have to accept muscle loss and that’s fine, it’s just that I’m still carrying too much fat and don’t want it to prevent fat burn.

Get yourself of the Quavers Diet mate,   returns only about a 1/3 of your daily allowance of sat fats, and if you add in some HIIT sessions you'll be beach ready for the summer.   

I’m splitting my time between running and gym/weights/HIIT so hopefully that will work long term.

Simply put, if you eat less than you burn then yoi will lose weight. Work out your calorie allowance, take 200 calories off it and work towards that as your daily allowance. If you don’t lose weight or plateau then reduce by another 200.

People try and overcomplicate getting fit but is rather simple

Simply put, if you eat less than you burn then yoi will lose weight. Work out your calorie allowance, take 200 calories off it and work towards that as your daily allowance. If you don’t lose weight or plateau then reduce by another 200.

People try and overcomplicate getting fit but is rather simple

Thanks, but I wasn’t really just asking how to lose weight.

Id love to be in that situation. Problem is I struggle to put on weight. Always see people going on about being fatties who wanna lose weight from Christmas. However naturally I've struggled to put on weight. Enjoy exercising however when it comes to food I struggle, struggle to point I'm not usually hungry and I need to force myself some days to eat. Yes it's not healthy however always been this way.
Do love my cardio of running and fives. Strength training I don't particularly enjoy but I actually enjoy lifting more when I do so.
I'm ranting however I do need to get myself into a better eating habit and eat the correct things for my own benefit.
If I could be over 10 stone this year that would be smashing

Well work out your daily calorie allowance and add 200 extra. If that doesnt work then add 500. You will not be eating enough food hence why you won’t be putting on weight