The get fit, stay fit thread

On 1/9/2019 at 13:26, TheScarf said:

That's #broscience right there.

Actually, I think broccoli has more #protein in it per calorie that beef etc. 

It does not have all 9  essential amino acids. Also 3% fat beef mince will have about 168kcal per 100g and 31g protein which is about 5.4kcal per gram protein.  Broccoli will have about 38kcal for 2.8g protein so about 13.5 kcal per gram protein. Protein is about 4kcal per gram so you are going to struggle to beat that without going to supplements.

Having said that anyone on a threat about getting fit should be consuming a decent load of veggies, steamed or so on. Even people of full on keto should be getting their carbs from them as they tend to be rich in fiber and micronutrients for the kcal values.

I have lost 5 lbs since Monday night by doing intermittent fasting between the hours of 8pm - 1pm the next day.

Good going but most diets will see you lose weight in them at first, it’s about sustainability.

Good going but most diets will see you lose weight in them at first, it’s about sustainability.

Yeah I know, I dreaded standing on the scales that much on Monday I got my Mrs to look for me, curiosity got the better of me tonight though and I was disappointed that I am still a stone over weight but happy at how much I had lost.

It doesn’t really feel like a diet or a lifestyle change for me or something that I can’t sustain as it’s pretty easy for me to just not eat for those times. All I really need to sacrifice is breakfast before I leave the flat and my 10 o clock tea break and then it gets easier and easier before I eat at 1, I’m no hungrier than usual at my lunch break either.

I’ll help you throbber, I’ll send you motivating DMs.

“STOP BEING A FAT c**t”

Although I should probably stop being one myself before I do that.

Anyway, here’s an interesting article about weight loss

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Some excellent, practical and not at all bullshit lifestyle and fitness tips in this article

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/from-hyperbaric-oxygen-chambers-to-humanchargers-welcome-to-the-wellness-revolution-58x55g580

They must be deliberately taking the piss. The funniest bit is the second guy, does all that shit for his own well-being and the environment but will happily call an Uber even though they are zero-hour contractors who don't give a shit about employment rights or client safety, and his only problem with them is that they have electric cars.

On 1/9/2019 at 23:27, die hard doonhamer said:

I need to get myself back in to some sort of fitness regime. Currently sitting at around 82kg in weight, want to get that down to under 70, ideally. Will start with getting back in to the running, while my diet also needs massive improvement.

Was about 75kg when I was running regularly, usually 10-15km 3 times a week. Had to give it up due to a persistent pain in my hip. Floated about between 82-85kg ever since. Really need to try and get back to running more often.

I only really get DOMS the first couple of times I'm lifting if I've had a break for more than a couple of weeks. I haven't had them for a while now.

That said, I usually just train through them, the increased blood flow to the muscle helps get rid of them.

Started eating healthier and going to the gym most mornings since the 1st. Have lost 8lbs so far, finding the MyFitnessApp really helpful at monitoring my calorie intake. Have cut down on portion size which has been the hardest thing thus far. 

Currently at 16stone 9, and looking to get to 13.5 by August.

Started eating healthier and going to the gym most mornings since the 1st. Have lost 8lbs so far, finding the MyFitnessApp really helpful at monitoring my calorie intake. Have cut down on portion size which has been the hardest thing thus far. 

Congrats on the positive start and good luck

All the best, that’ll be some achievement if you get there.

Keep at it. I'm slightly heavier at the moment but my weight loss goals are roughly the same. Somewhere between 17-17 1/2 stone right now, aiming to get down to 14 stone 4 by the latter part of the year.

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Tried taking bcaa with workouts and feeling like I have more energy. People say it's bs but it was free so tried it.

You can have mine. Between all the supplements I was taking - bcaa's, creatine, glutamine, protein and fat burners - it took me a while to realise that it was the bcaa's that were making me an angry bassa for no reason. 

I just take the protein and creatine now. 

Hi guys been lurking on this thread for a while and I’ve been going to the Gym since the end of October and I’m feeling a lot better for it although my belly is hanging around pretty stubbornly but my tits are reducing. I try and do 3km on the treadmill and then 5-8km on the bike and some general weight stuff but I feel like I’m hitting a limit, I feel utterly feck on the treadmill but want to push on distance wise, anyone had similar experiances, is it just a case of increasing the speed? 

Should add that I’m eating a lot better having a Salad everyday and really cutting back in Carbs and Drink however feel a lot more tired again any advice? 

Cheers.

A.