The get fit, stay fit thread

47 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The gym I use has some cracking air conditioning

Place I use basically has something like this, which sits outside the room used for the Spin classes and pretty much cools that down and absolutely f**k all else.

1152285648_94c612ffc6_b.jpg

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I've tried to adopt the Dorian Yates method of training in a big hoody and joggers and I quite enjoy it. Sweat like f**k too

I usually train in a hoodie. Love the heat in general - out running in the sun the last few days too.

I've  been using Zwift the past couple weeks, sweating a ridiculous amount. 

Off to Greece on Monday, and whilst I didn't hit my target weight loss, I've lost enough to get into clothes that last year wouldn't have fitted, so quite chuffed with that. 

A week of drinking and eating, and then back to it to try and hit the weight goal by the end of the year.

Do you feel a difference? I'd love to ditch the stuff but I'm a shitebag.
Think I've lost a bit of fat. I didn't eat much just at the weekend really. I used to feel a bit hungry after breakfast which was breakfast juice and sweet porridge. Now I have very low sugar cranberry juice or ice water and basic porridge with maybe some fruit and feel fuller for longer. Coming back from ankle injury so my aim is to combine ramping up training with a really strict diet.
I guess I must miss it to dream about doughnuts and sweets. If I get a craving I just have nuts or at the moment a low sugar ice pole.
I watched a program on the iplayer that made me rethink my diet. Truth about carbs i think it was called.

Has anyone ever had a sports massage and, if so, did you find it to be a help? Have been suffering pain in my lower back for a few weeks which has eased off a bit but not completely so would be willing to try anything that might help.

On 26/07/2019 at 15:43, staggy1929 said:

I've tried to adopt the Dorian Yates method of training in a big hoody and joggers and I quite enjoy it. Sweat like f**k too

The best look. I even cut half the arms off the hoodies and the legs of the joggers. 

Lightweight, baby!

9 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Has anyone ever had a sports massage and, if so, did you find it to be a help? Have been suffering pain in my lower back for a few weeks which has eased off a bit but not completely so would be willing to try anything that might help.

I'm determined to plan a holiday to USA and get Cippriano to do my back. 

Disclaimer : the Y strap part is scary af.

I find sports massage is good if you are not injured but just need a good iron out after doing heavy weights for a while. If i have an injury then i go to the physio

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Yep. I try to get one every couple of months just to keep on top of things.

4 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

It wont do a thing to an injury - fine for some relaxation etc but it will not work to cute a sore back imo. Go see a physio.

4 hours ago, Dele said:

The best look. I even cut half the arms off the hoodies and the legs of the joggers. 

Lightweight, baby!

I'm determined to plan a holiday to USA and get Cippriano to do my back. 

Disclaimer : the Y strap part is scary af.

He was 5’ before!

Read a really good article about reps. Reps aren’t really important it’s time under tension.
Better to do four really good full reps than six half assed ones. Train to failure?

Aye. Doesnt matter at all. That plus progressive overload will see anyone make progress