The get fit, stay fit thread

Been really thinking about the mental side of things after watching the goggins videos. The last time is was really fit was when I pulled myself out of a low point. I kinda said f**k this and f**k everyone else and was just really single minded about it.
I've noticed that people try to bring you down or question why you exercise and doubts would creep in. I think goggins is really onto something. Using pain and suffering to push you through your limit day after day.
Its maybe not for everyone but using suffering as a motivator seems to be a way that works for me.
Lots of people are into fitness and fads as a way of showing off or looking at someone else and trying to copy their program. I don't think that works. Just push yourself beyond what you did the day or week before.
It's a lifetime decision not short term.
Not trying to sound preachy or being a dick but I've never been so motivated by anything before. This guy is like pre workout.

5k in 24:20 last night. Set off too fast and was gubbed by the end but still delighted with that time. Hopefully the hot weather is done and I can get out a bit more often. Gym tonight and out hiking near Matterhorn tomorrow also. Probably wrecked by Sunday!

Fallen off the wagon massively, since January managed to shift just short of three stone, but in the past two months have managed to put one stone back on. 

Still cycling quite a bit, but my diet has gone out the window. Started again fresh on Friday, and looking to lose two stone by December. 

I used to be massively into the gym but since starting work after graduating it's really tailed off.

Got fed up of feeling inactive so recently bought myself a couple of kettlebells to do workouts in the house with as it's easier to fit in around my schedule.

Have now done 3 workouts with them, very simple but fair get the heart going. Sweating buckets in my living room is a weird change of scenery too!

8 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Class, under an hour for the actual 10k surely?

Yeah thats always been the aim, so I can take 5.10 off for that last 0.5 and assuming the 10k doesnt finish on a massive hill my last 2 should be faster so hopefully maybe sneak below 55 mins. Il do that run another cluple of times in the nect 2 weeks I think and see how I go 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah thats always been the aim, so I can take 5.10 off for that last 0.5 and assuming the 10k doesnt finish on a massive hill my last 2 should be faster so hopefully maybe sneak below 55 mins. Il do that run another cluple of times in the nect 2 weeks I think and see how I go 

good stuff, planning on attempting a 10k tonight myself but it's absolutely chucking it down right now so I'm not sure...

do you get any issues with joints when running on roads and what not?

21 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

good stuff, planning on attempting a 10k tonight myself but it's absolutely chucking it down right now so I'm not sure...

do you get any issues with joints when running on roads and what not?

No but I have to take it easy on my shins I het shin splints if I do too much so never run 2 days in a row. I have been pretty sore the last couple of days after that so the linger distances il prob leave a week between them and try to knock out maybe a 6 or 7 k in between. 

After a few months out with an ankle injury I've reservations about going back to the fives. Was thinking of starting running to replace it.
Luckily I've got a park on my doorstep with a rectangle section around a football pitch size. Was thinking of starting a few laps of that as a pre cursor to getting the confidence to run a couple of miles.
I'm used to stop start runs and sprints from football so not sure about pace or time.
Any ideas for starting? Sorry total noob question.
I'm not looking to ramp this up to much beyond 5k just to add to gym work and going on the exercise bike.

Going to New York 11 weeks tomorrow plus back playing football In 5 weeks so decided It’s time to kick my arse.

Joined the gym yesterday but been eating well properly for a couple of weeks. Jogged and walked 8 miles yesterday, played 5’s and this morning cycled 10 miles.

Possibly dead.

On 19/08/2019 at 20:49, D.A.F.C said:

After a few months out with an ankle injury I've reservations about going back to the fives. Was thinking of starting running to replace it.
Luckily I've got a park on my doorstep with a rectangle section around a football pitch size. Was thinking of starting a few laps of that as a pre cursor to getting the confidence to run a couple of miles.
I'm used to stop start runs and sprints from football so not sure about pace or time.
Any ideas for starting? Sorry total noob question.
I'm not looking to ramp this up to much beyond 5k just to add to gym work and going on the exercise bike.

Used to do laps of a pitch sprinting the width and jogging the length, repeat for around 20-30 mins for an hiit session with 5 min jog to warm up/cool down. 

Edited by Boostin' Kev