Boardwalk Empire

Quentin Taranbino

I think unlike many series this is really gearing up to ending on a high,loved last nights the young Nucky stuff is really working well now, thought it was a bit iffy to start with but piecing together nicely.

just caught up with sats episode. Shocked but agreed it's got to be building to a big ending.

The final season seems to have flown in. Is there fewer episodes in this one compared to previous seasons? It could be doing with two or three more IMO. Another fine episode last night though. Enjoying the flashbacks to Nucky's past and showing us how he made his way to the top. It looks like Gillian wasn't the 1st young girl that the Commodore beasted. I hope Nucky saves her from the nuthoose in next weeks finale.

Gillian to play a big part in the ending IMO, the pair who play the young Gillian and Nucky have nailed the mannerisms of the characters perfectly ,mixed emotions about next Saturday, in some ways can't wait for the final episode to see just how Nucky ends up but of course it will be saying goodbye to one of the truly great shows .

Im absolutely byling!!! Didnt realise til the end of this weeks episode that it was the series finale. Every season has had 12/13 episodes so i assumed this would be the same. Gutted is an understatement

Gillian to play a big part in the ending IMO, the pair who play the young Gillian and Nucky have nailed the mannerisms of the characters perfectly ,mixed emotions about next Saturday, in some ways can't wait for the final episode to see just how Nucky ends up but of course it will be saying goodbye to one of the truly great shows .

Agree with this! Just behind Breaking Bad & The Soprano's as one the all time greats IMO, although I still have The Wire boxset to get through, so that could be added if it lives up to the hype.

The Wire is very good however i feel its majorly overrated when people discuss the best tv shows ever. BB and The Sopranos are the pinnacle as far as im concerned though shows like The Shield and Sons Of Anarchy arent far behind and are better than The Wire

The Wire is very good however i feel its majorly overrated when people discuss the best tv shows ever. BB and The Sopranos are the pinnacle as far as im concerned though shows like The Shield and Sons Of Anarchy arent far behind and are better than The Wire

Not the 1st time I've heard that about The Wire. Only watched the 1st episode so far and wasn't overly impressed. Obviously it would be madness to judge a show on one episode and as I already own the boxset I'll plough through it regardless.

I don't think Boardwalk Empire is quite up with the very best, but it's pretty damn good and they got out at the right time.

Maybe it's just me. I've always had a keen interest in the whole prohibition era and the mob brutality during it so it was always going to score more points if it turned out good which I think it did.