Boardwalk Empire

Quentin Taranbino

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Has season 2 already been re-shown on Sky Atlantic recently or does anyone know if it's set to be on again anytime soon?

Edit: Just noticed that episode 2 is on tonight.

Edited by ginge123

• 4 weeks later...

Is this show up to Box Set levels, ie on par with The Wire/Sopranos?

I would say yes, with only Sopranos and Breaking Bad better than it. Most of the acting performances are among the best on TV

I just got round to watching the second series over the last few nights, really enjoyed it, even though I don't like many of the characters and their part in the story.

As for the longevity of the series, well the way I see it, it is the story of Rothstein, Capone and Luciano before their criminal activities came to be a matter of public record. So whether it can last much longer I don't know. I appreciate Thompson (Johnston) himself had a long life after prohibition, but if were in any way exciting, we would know about him before this series started.

What gives this an advantage is that it IS a fictional show with fictional characters, and therefore they can show a bit of creativity with it. They can take the show in any direction they see fit if they want to make it longer. Of course you have the real characters there, but they can feel free to do with them as they wish.

What gives this an advantage is that it IS a fictional show with fictional characters, and therefore they can show a bit of creativity with it. They can take the show in any direction they see fit if they want to make it longer. Of course you have the real characters there, but they can feel free to do with them as they wish.

Exactly. It's not a dramatisation so for instance If they wanted to kill Al Capone off in a shootout then they could.