Au Revoir Arsene?

RandomGuy

Big decisions   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another disappointing result for Arsenal, and one that shows (yet again) that Arsenal don't have the players who can mentally challenge for the title. Arsene Wenger's job must seriously be in doubt....

Do remember when you had +4 reputation and seemed so very proud......you have just continued to dig that grave since.

I'd have binned him a while back. He won the league with a core of bulky, solid pros, who could also play a bit of football. They're now just a team full of jinky midgets that would get blown over by a modest wind. They'll never win the Premier league again under him as for all the 'potential' their players have, they'll get outmuscled in certain games and drop points others wouldn't.

I don't think they will win the league, but they wont be far away. They have piss easy fixtures coming up compared to the rest. Wenger does an excellent job with what he has got available.

That's not what they need, though. They need to win it. They need to win something.

They might have 'piss easy fixtures' but that's where Arsenal have fallen this season. 4-4 against recently promoted Newcastle, 4-0 up at half-time, simply isn't good enough. He does a superb job with the players that he's got, and the money that he has spent, but I'm pretty certain he has more money available to him he just doesn't want to spend it.

That's not what they need, though. They need to win it. They need to win something.

They might have 'piss easy fixtures' but that's where Arsenal have fallen this season. 4-4 against recently promoted Newcastle, 4-0 up at half-time, simply isn't good enough. He does a superb job with the players that he's got, and the money that he has spent, but I'm pretty certain he has more money available to him he just doesn't want to spend it.

I don't agree with this.

When he has money to spend, before the Emirates was built, he spent big bucks on guys like Henry, Pires, Wiltord, Reyes and Jeffers amongst others. He probably has a bit of money now, but doesn't see the point in going out and signing another average player who wouldn't improve their squad. They are being priced out of the English market and have to look elsewhere for players, which means that he has to take bigger gambles than Man Utd, City and Chelsea who can bring in proven Premier League players.

I don't think they'll win the league but they won't sack him. It was a poor result for them today but with Man U losing all is not lost(for them)

Exactly. Even after blowing that lead he still gained a point on the leaders today. Wenger will take strength from that, though I'm not entirely sure how the players will react after losing that four goal advantage.

People always say this about Wenger, like for some reason he hates spending money. If he could buy players who would improve his team he obviously would, but they can't. Man Utd, Chelsea and now City will all pay far more than Arsenal so all the real top players are priced out of their market and they are left with second rate players that none of the top clubs want. I feel sorry for him, he has worked wonders at that club, spent years building it up from the bottom only to see the likes of Chelsea and City taken over by stinking rich business men and buy their way above them in the league, it must be quite demoralising.

Arsenal's next 6 fixtures are Wolves, Stoke and Sunderland all at home, West Brom away, Blackburn at home and Blackpool away.

Man Utd's are City at home, Wigan, Chelsea and Liverpool away, Bolton at home and West Ham away.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if after those games they are top, then we will really get to see what they are made of.

I wish your posting rights were seriously in doubt

Why? huh.gif I made this topic because it's a serious question in my head of how long he can realistically expect to keep getting away with such results. I personally voted no because theres not really any better option than Wenger in my opinion. But serious doubts have been raised yet again

Do remember when you had +4 reputation and seemed so very proud......you have just continued to dig that grave since.

I peaked at +7, was fun

When the inevitable breakdown occurs I want to be there to witness it :D

laugh.gif there will be no breakdown from me friend. I'm not sane enough to lose my mind, but thanks all the same. Don't understand why people don't admit they enjoy reading my posts tongue.giflaugh.gif

People always say this about Wenger, like for some reason he hates spending money. If he could buy players who would improve his team he obviously would, but they can't. Man Utd, Chelsea and now City will all pay far more than Arsenal so all the real top players are priced out of their market and they are left with second rate players that none of the top clubs want. I feel sorry for him, he has worked wonders at that club, spent years building it up from the bottom only to see the likes of Chelsea and City taken over by stinking rich business men and buy their way above them in the league, it must be quite demoralising.

Arsenal's next 6 fixtures are Wolves, Stoke and Sunderland all at home, West Brom away, Blackburn at home and Blackpool away.

Man Utd's are City at home, Wigan, Chelsea and Liverpool away, Bolton at home and West Ham away.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if after those games they are top, then we will really get to see what they are made of.

Good post.

His biggest job after today is to get the players to forget about today and concentrate on winning at least 5 out of the next 6 games. If they can take 15-18 points from those games, then I'd be surprised if they weren't top.

Do people honestly believe that I care about the reputation? Well done from the ghost people who can't debate points and give me negative points when others have posted the exact same things. + star for you guys. laugh.gif

Must be winding them up, brilliant biggrin.gif

Arsenal will not have a better chance of winning the league than this season, sadly I think they will blow it no matter if they have an easier run in the next month or so. Chelsea/United have been in decline and I fully expect United to drop many more points in the last few months. Arsenal have not been fully convincing at home this season either.

Arsenal still have some tricky fixtures left with Tottenham, Fulham, Blackpool, West Brom, Bolton and Stoke away. United, Liverpool, Sunderland and Villa at home.

Hopefully Mancini will not go defensive next week and attack United as they could go back with three points and throw the title race wide open.

Would love Arsenal or City to win the league this season, although I can't see by Man United. sad.gif

I don't agree with this.

When he has money to spend, before the Emirates was built, he spent big bucks on guys like Henry, Pires, Wiltord, Reyes and Jeffers amongst others. He probably has a bit of money now, but doesn't see the point in going out and signing another average player who wouldn't improve their squad. They are being priced out of the English market and have to look elsewhere for players, which means that he has to take bigger gambles than Man Utd, City and Chelsea who can bring in proven Premier League players.

I'm pretty sure I debated this point in the summer and was proven wrong. There was an interview somewhere, the Arsenal board are willing to back him pretty much 100% with any tranfer dealings, he just chooses not too go for too much.

Archived