Au Revoir Arsene?

RandomGuy

Big decisions   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who would you suggest they go out and buy?

Squillaci seemed like a good experienced centre-back when they signed him, but he has been unable to adapt to English football and has been a disaster. You are always taking that gamble when bringing in players from abroad. And I'm not sure there are any "quality experienced centre backs" within the English game, aside from the ones already at big clubs who Arsenal would have no chance of buying.

I don't follow foreign leagues much so I couldnt really comment on anybody thats playing abroad, have they not been linked with a PSG player Sakho??

With Luiz arriving it looks to me if somebody is going to be surplus at Chelsea as i'm sure none of them would be interested in playing 2nd fiddle.

Ivanovic came out recently and said that if he doesnt get to play at centre back then he will be looking to leave so that leaves you with Terry, Luiz, Alex and Ivanovic looking to fill 2 places, out of those 4 the last 2 would be the likely ones to be 2nd choice and if these guys came available then I think Wenger could do a lot worse.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't follow foreign leagues much so I couldnt really comment on anybody thats playing abroad, have they not been linked with a PSG player Sakho??

With Luiz arriving it looks to me if somebody is going to be surplus at Chelsea as i'm sure none of them would be interested in playing 2nd fiddle.

Ivanovic came out recently and said that if he doesnt get to play at centre back then he will be looking to leave so that leaves you with Terry, Luiz, Alex and Ivanovic looking to fill 2 places, out of those 4 the last 2 would be the likely ones to be 2nd choice and if these guys came available then I think Wenger could do a lot worse.

There is no way Chelsea would sell any first team player to Arsenal.

And the guy Sakho from PSG would be another relatively inexperienced player, just as Koscielny and Vermaelen were.

And the guy Sakho from PSG would be another relatively inexperienced player, just as Koscielny and Vermaelen were.

I agree with your second part, but It wouldn't be unheard of for a deal between Arsenal and Chelsea, after all, they've had Ashley Cole, William Gallas, and Lassana Diarra (off the top of my head) moving between the clubs in recent years.

I'm with craigkillie...

Wenger has pretended for years Arsenal could spend big money but choose not to. It keeps the fans off the board's back and makes the club look better in the press.

I don't buy it though. There's just no way they could pay 35 million for Carroll for example. Not a chance.

What recent examples do you have, and is he any worse than other managers in this respect?

Why do they have to be recent?

His comments about, for example, the Birmingham player Martin Taylor who should, in his words, never play football again were an absolute disgrace. "The tackle was horrendous and this guy should never play football again"

Especially as one of his players put in an equally dreadful tackle a few months later - what did he do about that? Complain about other tackles Bolton players put in on them...

"We got some tackles, some big ones, but we had to cope with it. I am sorry if it is a foul, but it didn't look dirty from outside"

Mid-table is correct. Wenger behaves like an utter c**t of an individual. Which is a shame.

I'm with craigkillie...

Wenger has pretended for years Arsenal could spend big money but choose not to. It keeps the fans off the board's back and makes the club look better in the press.

I don't buy it though. There's just no way they could pay 35 million for Carroll for example. Not a chance.

100% correct. Although to be fair I subscribe to his and Sir Alex's viewpoint that there isn't much value out there at the moment.

Arsenal's problem is not the players at their disposal, it's the way they play. They're far too attacking and poor at retrieving possession. You can't just go out and 'buy' the sort of chemistry that Vidic and Ferdinand have, or Pique and Puyol, which is what folk think buying two centre halves will do - it won't. Football isn't that simple. If it was Man City would win every game.

. You can't just go out and 'buy' the sort of chemistry that Vidic and Ferdinand have, or Pique and Puyol, which is what folk think buying two centre halves will do - it won't. Football isn't that simple. If it was Man City would win every game.

Great point, and one that should worry, if that's the right word, Arsenal fans. wenger is too set in his ways now to change it up.

Although to be fair I subscribe to his and Sir Alex's viewpoint that there isn't much value out there at the moment.

By that you mean when Ferguson said there was no value in the market and Sneijder, Robben, VDV all left Real for less than the likes of Andy Carroll?

Or when he spent near enough the same amount on Bebe as what would have purchased VDV?

By that you mean when Ferguson said there was no value in the market and Sneijder, Robben, VDV all left Real for less than the likes of Andy Carroll?

Or when he spent near enough the same amount on Bebe as what would have purchased VDV?

Man Utd have had a pretty well known "youth" policy post Berbatiov in terms of spending money - in other words,nobody is coming in over a certain age unless it;s a bargain - Michael Owen on a free for example.

As for the Real Madrid dutch trio - good point, I always thougt Utd should've haggled a player or two out of Real, for Ronaldo.It would have descreased the Ronaldo fee though, which perhaps isn't what utd wanted.

Why do they have to be recent?

His comments about, for example, the Birmingham player Martin Taylor who should, in his words, never play football again were an absolute disgrace. "The tackle was horrendous and this guy should never play football again"

Especially as one of his players put in an equally dreadful tackle a few months later - what did he do about that? Complain about other tackles Bolton players put in on them...

"We got some tackles, some big ones, but we had to cope with it. I am sorry if it is a foul, but it didn't look dirty from outside"

Mid-table is correct. Wenger behaves like an utter c**t of an individual. Which is a shame.

The reason I said recent was that midtable's post said he was "becoming a parody of himself", which suggested he had been getting progressively worse. I actually think he has mellowed a bit in recent years considering what he used to be like.

I don't disagree with either of your judgements of him, but I don't think he is any worse than the likes of Ferguson, Redknapp, Mourinho, Moyes or numerous others in this respect.

It's hardly up to the clubs these days, If a player wants to engineer a move to any club they wish then they pretty much can do. :(

If you only look at figures alone then I fear for your health. United could've had all those players quite easily yonks ago but there are screeds of reasons why they didn't bother. Carroll has the world at his feet in relative terms, who cares what he cost? You're a typical armchair fan, all you do is shout about numbers, you don't even know what's going on. You're the type of guy at the football who you only hear when the ref makes a bad decision, I bet you're as good as a mute when the balls in play. You don't have a clue.

You've name two 'number 10s' and a crock winger to back up your claim, I don't even think I need to outline why you're wrong.

Man Utd have had a pretty well known "youth" policy post Berbatiov in terms of spending money - in other words,nobody is coming in over a certain age unless it;s a bargain - Michael Owen on a free for example.

As for the Real Madrid dutch trio - good point, I always thougt Utd should've haggled a player or two out of Real, for Ronaldo.It would have descreased the Ronaldo fee though, which perhaps isn't what utd wanted.

More recently United have been sticking to signing younger players, however Robben and Sneijder were only about 25 when they left Real, just coming into their prime and both extremely talented players.

I can see why he never went for Robben as they had a few wingers at the club, however they have been crying out for a creative midfielder for a while now. Wesley cost less than £13 million and Ferguson made a massive error not trying to get the lad.

If you only look at figures alone then I fear for your health. United could've had all those players quite easily yonks ago but there are screeds of reasons why they didn't bother. Carroll has the world at his feet in relative terms, who cares what he cost? You're a typical armchair fan, all you do is shout about numbers, you don't even know what's going on. You're the type of guy at the football who you only hear when the ref makes a bad decision, I bet you're as good as a mute when the balls in play. You don't have a clue.

You've name two 'number 10s' and a crock winger to back up your claim, I don't even think I need to outline why you're wrong.

You really are clueless. laugh.gif

You really are clueless. laugh.gif

Excellent retort, four words and a smiley. Just backed up my claim. You're as good as a mute: wallpaper. Making up the numbers.

Man United haven't bought a 'creative' midfielder for ten years, they don't suit the English league, or more specifically, Man United. Why would they start now?

Excellent retort, four words and a smiley. Just backed up my claim. You're as good as a mute: wallpaper. Making up the numbers.

Man United haven't bought a 'creative' midfielder for ten years, they don't suit the English league, or more specifically, Man United. Why would they start now?

No, I just did exactly what you do in most of your posts when you don't have a clue or a valid reply. Make a one sentence reply ignoring points that you can't appreciate. I don't feel like debating with you as you are a joke and completely clueless.

Are you really that stupid? Why would they need to go out and buy a top creative player when they had Scholes in his prime?

Archived