Au Revoir Arsene?

RandomGuy

Big decisions   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, well, as I've said so many times on this site, if a team sells 2 players and the figure quoted in the media is £60 that does no mean that £60 million or anything even cose to £60 million appears in your bank account.

That's why it's in "these things".

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

canny believe that to replace Fabregas & Nasri he's looking at a Birmingham defender!

You wouldnt have scott dann in your team.Arsenal wont make top four.Even in the pre season you can see they are still shit.1 nil up you can tell they will lose,Too many young kids,if they sign dann they will defend better.Wenger will never quit.

Parker would be a great signing for Arsenal, rather have him in my team than Wilshere

Yes but you are a complete fool.

Parker tried and failed at a decent club, and then found his level. Wilshere will develope into one of the top 10 midfielders in the world, parker will continue to play for average teams.

Parker tried and failed at a decent club, and then found his level. Wilshere will develope into one of the top 10 midfielders in the world, parker will continue to play for average teams.

Spot on on all accounts.

Scott Parker is not a particularly good player. And that is why he failed at Chelsea. And that is why he plays for West Ham. There is no way Arsenal would sign him, the best he can hope for is a mid table side.

Wilshere is a far better player.

Scott Parker is the best box-to-box midfielder in England, exactly what Arsenal are needing. Wilshere is a technically better player but not all round, not yet anyway

laugh.gif top 10? Seriously? laugh.gif The rising stars seem to be Pastore,Thiago and Ganso, Wilshere is nowhere near this standard, i fully expect more midfielders to emerge who are better aswell (Canales, Poli, Merkel, Ramires)

Spot on on all accounts.

Bitch

That's why it's in "these things".

Yeah, and "Hitler was German".

I see how it works.

Scott Parker is the best box-to-box midfielder in England, exactly what Arsenal are needing. Wilshere is a technically better player but not all round, not yet anyway

laugh.gif top 10? Seriously? laugh.gif The rising stars seem to be Pastore,Thiago and Ganso, Wilshere is nowhere near this standard, i fully expect more midfielders to emerge who are better aswell (Canales, Poli, Merkel, Ramires)

Bitch

Well, it would depend a lot on how you define box to box but I'm sure even Scott Parker will be surprised to learn he is better than Michael Essien and Steven Gerrard. Again 'all round' is pretty meaningless, because Lee McCulloch can header and tackle is he more of an 'all round' player than Messi? Is Lee McCulloch therefore a better player than Messi? Does that question even deserve an answer?

Wilshere is a better player than Parker ever was or ever will be. And that is why Wilshere plays for Arsenal and Parker plays for West Ham (who are in the Championship btw).

It's hard to take you seriously given:

1) You are Savo.

2) You are Savo trolling.

Well, it would depend a lot on how you define box to box but I'm sure even Scott Parker will be surprised to learn he is better than Michael Essien and Steven Gerrard. Again 'all round' is pretty meaningless, because Lee McCulloch can header and tackle is he more of an 'all round' player than Messi? Is Lee McCulloch therefore a better player than Messi? Does that question even deserve an answer?

Wilshere is a better player than Parker ever was or ever will be. And that is why Wilshere plays for Arsenal and Parker plays for West Ham (who are in the Championship btw).

1) You are Savo.

box-to-box: as in being great defensively, a threat going forward and having the stamina to get forward and back all day long. Steven Gerrard cannot defend but it is better going forward. Essien is injured but even still he is worse going forward and no better at the back.

Wilshere has had one good season, to start saying he is better than a former PFA young player of the year who was at Chelsea and had the impossible task of replacing Makelele or Lampard in the team, before breaking a metatarsal forcing his move to Newcastle, and then been discriminated against as he's English and not as "silky" as foreigners, is horse radish and you know it.

1) I am not Savo

2) I am not Savo trolling

1) You are Savo.

box-to-box: as in being great defensively, a threat going forward and having the stamina to get forward and back all day long. Steven Gerrard cannot defend but it is better going forward. Essien is injured but even still he is worse going forward and no better at the back.

Wilshere has had one good season, to start saying he is better than a former PFA young player of the year who was at Chelsea and had the impossible task of replacing Makelele or Lampard in the team, before breaking a metatarsal forcing his move to Newcastle, and then been discriminated against as he's English and not as "silky" as foreigners, is horse radish and you know it.

1) I am not Savo

Oh yeah, here was me thinking there was some kind of technical or factual basis to your 'box to box midfielder' tag but as it turns out you've just made it up.

It's interesting how Parker is apparently superior to Essien yet plays for West Ham, whilst Essien was regularly up for the wolrds most pretegious individual awards as well as being the best midfielder in Chelsea for several years - this being the club Parker failed at.

The FWA is a strange one, given that West Ham clearly recieve a disproporionate amount of media attention and the London absed media are more likely to favour Parker because he's English and there is a quite laughable perception of him as a 'proper lad.' The fact is Parker played in a team that finished fucking bottom last season, he has played for them for several years. That is not a coincidence. And saying Wilshere is better than Parker is not 'horse radish' but your notion that English players are discriminated against in England clearly is. Wilshere is 11 years younger and yet only has one fewer cap than Parker, again not a coincidence. But I do wonder what massive club the incredible Parker will go to now. Hell, if he's better than Essien Real Madrid, AC Milan should be queuing up for signature. Are they? No. He still plays for West Ham, in the fizzy pop league. All cause of a conspiracy, mind you.

1) I am not Savo

Such a Savo thing to say. Your name is 'The Troll' for fucks sake. Did you really think anyone wouldn't realise you were alias? But if you're not Savo then he should come back and sue you for copyright infringement. And if you are then your standards have inexplicably dropped.

Wilshire had a good season when on loan at Bolton, had a cracking season last year and I'm pretty confident of putting my neck on the line and saying that he will without a doubt be Englands best player for the next 10 years or so, he is the only English player who could easily move abroad and fit into pretty much any team.

Scott Parker is a decent PL player, no less, no more, I actually watched him play in West Ham's first game of the season in the Championship and he was actually shown up by Mark Noble.

Oh yeah, here was me thinking there was some kind of technical or factual basis to your 'box to box midfielder' tag but as it turns out you've just made it up.

It's interesting how Parker is apparently superior to Essien yet plays for West Ham, whilst Essien was regularly up for the wolrds most pretegious individual awards as well as being the best midfielder in Chelsea for several years - this being the club Parker failed at.

The FWA is a strange one, given that West Ham clearly recieve a disproporionate amount of media attention and the London absed media are more likely to favour Parker because he's English and there is a quite laughable perception of him as a 'proper lad.' The fact is Parker played in a team that finished fucking bottom last season, he has played for them for several years. That is not a coincidence. And saying Wilshere is better than Parker is not 'horse radish' but your notion that English players are discriminated against in England clearly is. Wilshere is 11 years younger and yet only has one fewer cap than Parker, again not a coincidence. But I do wonder what massive club the incredible Parker will go to now. Hell, if he's better than Essien Real Madrid, AC Milan should be queuing up for signature. Are they? No. He still plays for West Ham, in the fizzy pop league. All cause of a conspiracy, mind you.

laugh.gif how have i made box-to-box up? It's commonly mentioned and that's what i take it as, as that's how it was explained to me when i was young.

Parker is not better than Essien huh.gif I said Parker was better getting forward as he clearly is, while they are of similar standard defensively, but Essien has better distribution and is stronger. Essien just edges as the better DEFENSIVE midfielder but Parker is better ALL ROUND

Most EPL clubs would rather sign a young foreigner than an Englishman, that's why the home grown rules came in. Parker was let go at Chelsea because Tiago came in and his injury, he would have still been there if he wasn't English and hadn't got injured. Wilshere has had one good season there's no way he can judge his ability yet, James Vaughan had one good season and looked Top Quality once upon a time. The last sentence is just embarrasing for someone of your standard

Such a Savo thing to say. Your name is 'The Troll' for fucks sake. Did you really think anyone wouldn't realise you were alias? But if you're not Savo then he should come back and sue you for copyright infringement. And if you are then your standards have inexplicably dropped.

I AbsolutelyGuarantee i am not Savo laugh.gif and who says Savo isn't on P & B somewhere?

Wilshire had a good season when on loan at Bolton, had a cracking season last year and I'm pretty confident of putting my neck on the line and saying that he will without a doubt be Englands best player for the next 10 years or so, he is the only English player who could easily move abroad and fit into pretty much any team.

Scott Parker is a decent PL player, no less, no more, I actually watched him play in West Ham's first game of the season in the Championship and he was actually shown up by Mark Noble.

laugh.gif A good season at Bolton? When your the only midfielder who can control the ball your always going to look class next to your team mates, he done fantastic last season yes, but Michael Ricketts had a good season once. Aaron Ramsey is the bigger talent

Mark Noble was pish in that game laugh.gif as was Parker, as was the whole West Ham team

laugh.gif A good season at Bolton? When your the only midfielder who can control the ball your always going to look class next to your team mates, he done fantastic last season yes, but Michael Ricketts had a good season once. Aaron Ramsey is the bigger talent

Mark Noble was pish in that game laugh.gif as was Parker, as was the whole West Ham team

So are you saying that Wilshire will be a one season wonder? :lol:

Noble was pish in that game, yet he still outshone the amazing Parker. That pretty much says it all ;)

laugh.gif how have i made box-to-box up? It's commonly mentioned and that's what i take it as, as that's how it was explained to me when i was young.

Parker is not better than Essien huh.gif I said Parker was better getting forward as he clearly is, while they are of similar standard defensively, but Essien has better distribution and is stronger. Essien just edges as the better DEFENSIVE midfielder but Parker is better ALL ROUND

Most EPL clubs would rather sign a young foreigner than an Englishman, that's why the home grown rules came in. Parker was let go at Chelsea because Tiago came in and his injury, he would have still been there if he wasn't English and hadn't got injured. Wilshere has had one good season there's no way he can judge his ability yet, James Vaughan had one good season and looked Top Quality once upon a time. The last sentence is just embarrasing for someone of your standard

I AbsolutelyGuarantee i am not Savo laugh.gif and who says Savo isn't on P & B somewhere?

Just because it is commonly mentioned doesn't mean it is not total bullshit, and if the common definition is as loose and flawed as your own then it most certainly is bullshit.

The second paragraph ties your own argument in knots, I mean, where was the response to Lee McCulloch being a more rounded player than Messi? In what sense is more rounded any indication of actual quality? Essien is better than Parker going forward anyway, whilst he was scoring wonder goals in CL semi finals Parker was...playing for West Ham. When he was playing in the CL final (admittedly at right back) Parker was...playing for West Ham. Essien is a far better player than Parker, and Parker apparently fitting your stupid definition of 'box to box' doesn't change a thing.

I am of no standard but it is you who is putting forward that Parkers thoroughly average career is not down to ability but rather an apparent conspiracy against English players from English clubs. An argument so inexplicably ridiculous it has never been put forward by anyone, ever. Both the Chelsea and Newcastle sides you describe had quite a few English players in their starting line ups and even if you look beyond facts anecdotally it is clearly bullshit as well. English clubs positively discriminate against English players, sure, but they certainly don't negatively discriminate and never have.

To say he would still be there had he not been injured or English is just conjecture although you would think if he was really good enough to play for Chelsea he wouldn't have pissed the rest of his career up the wall at two of Englands most hilariously awful clubs. As it is he is a decent player who has played at his level and has been fortunate enough to get a few England caps, and has probably been on ludicrous wages at both these clubs as well. And now least Stoke are bidding for him!

Wilsheres season for Arsenal is well beyond anything Vaughan ever achieved and you can just tell by looking the player he has the ability to achieve an awful lot in the game. Nobody ever really thought that about Vaughan. It will be interesting to see in the long run whether Ramsey emerges as more prominent but Wilshere undoubtedly got a leg up following Ramseys horrific injury. At the moment Wilshere is clearly above Ramsey in the pecking order.

Yeah, I've never given any heed to Savos guarentees. And you can keep peddling whatever shit you want, it's not like I really care.

So are you saying that Wilshire will be a one season wonder? :lol:

Noble was pish in that game, yet he still outshone the amazing Parker. That pretty much says it all ;)

Just because it is commonly mentioned doesn't mean it is not total bullshit, and if the common definition is as loose and flawed as your own then it most certainly is bullshit.

The second paragraph ties your own argument in knots, I mean, where was the response to Lee McCulloch being a more rounded player than Messi? In what sense is more rounded any indication of actual quality? Essien is better than Parker going forward anyway, whilst he was scoring wonder goals in CL semi finals Parker was...playing for West Ham. When he was playing in the CL final (admittedly at right back) Parker was...playing for West Ham. Essien is a far better player than Parker, and Parker apparently fitting your stupid definition of 'box to box' doesn't change a thing.

I am of no standard but it is you who is putting forward that Parkers thoroughly average career is not down to ability but rather an apparent conspiracy against English players from English clubs. An argument so inexplicably ridiculous it has never been put forward by anyone, ever. Both the Chelsea and Newcastle sides you describe had quite a few English players in their starting line ups and even if you look beyond facts anecdotally it is clearly bullshit as well. English clubs positively discriminate against English players, sure, but they certainly don't negatively discriminate and never have.

To say he would still be there had he not been injured or English is just conjecture although you would think if he was really good enough to play for Chelsea he wouldn't have pissed the rest of his career up the wall at two of Englands most hilariously awful clubs. As it is he is a decent player who has played at his level and has been fortunate enough to get a few England caps, and has probably been on ludicrous wages at both these clubs as well. And now least Stoke are bidding for him!

Wilsheres season for Arsenal is well beyond anything Vaughan ever achieved and you can just tell by looking the player he has the ability to achieve an awful lot in the game. Nobody ever really thought that about Vaughan. It will be interesting to see in the long run whether Ramsey emerges as more prominent but Wilshere undoubtedly got a leg up following Ramseys horrific injury. At the moment Wilshere is clearly above Ramsey in the pecking order.

Yeah, I've never given any heed to Savos guarentees. And you can keep peddling whatever shit you want, it's not like I really care.

Aye yous are both right

Perhaps...

Would he leave for PSG?

No

• 2 months later...

I can see Arsenal finishing comfortably outside the top 4 this season, unless they get in 2 or 3 more high quality, beastial players.

Arsenal won't finish outside the top 4. To suggest otherwise is sheer loonacy, the top 4 will certainly be Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City. And probably in this order.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

rolleyes.gif

They have had a dreadful start to the season, and yet are sitting only 5 points off 4th place as it stands.

Is that really cause for an "only"? Excluding the top four there are five teams with a better stake to fourth than them; and at this point last season they were just a point off fourth (with Spurs and WBA having played more.) Furthermore teams right down to 15th last season could have said the same - Wigan on 10 points were just five behind WBA. It's very, very unusual to be streets ahead at this point in the season, and frankly if we were talking about anyone but Arsenal the word "only" would be replaced with "fully" or similar.

Archived