Au Revoir Arsene?

RandomGuy

Big decisions   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Still think Arsenal have big problems. Per Mertesacker is an abortion of a defender. Horrible again against Chelsea.

Brilliant from Van Persie this season though. I was very much in the "overrated" camp, but he's been terrific.

Theo Walcott was sensational at the weekend too. Hugely impressed with him.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Arsenal going on a decent run of form. I think they'll win all of the league games up until the City game on December 18. You Certainly can't write them off. Also, I am quite surprised how well they are doing in the CL. Another win over Marseille would see them through most likely. Chelsea v Arsenal was a very entertaining match. Sloppy defensively by both sides, but nonetheless a good watch.

I read an Arsenal forum before the Chelsea game and quite a lot were coming round to Metersacker, apparently he's had some really solid games - most likely ones that haven't been televised.

I've always been a big fan of RvP, he is probably the best forward in the Premiership. Gervinho is pretty good as well but Walcott is still very inconsistent.

Mertesacker's problem was always going to be his pace and there isn't much he can do about it. He's had some off games and looked dodgy but I still believe that he'll come good and a decent enough centre back for Arsenal. I'd still think that Koscielny/Vermaelen will be the preferred centre-back pairing for now.

Gervinho will continue to improve as he gets used to the league. He's already shown a great deal of improvement since his first few games where he looked really out of place and indecisive. I still don't rate Walcott and I'd hope that Chamberlain gets a chance or two in the first-team after the winter break to prove his worth. I can see Walcott signing for a lower team than Arsenal soon enough - I just don't think he's got it.

Mertesacker's problem was always going to be his pace

The goals he sold against Chelsea weren't from lack of pace. They were from Bambi on ice defending on crosses that allowed Lampard and Terry to embarrass him.

Might have cut it in the much weaker Bundesliga with that skillset, but he's being badly exposed in the Premiership.

Mertesacker's problem was always going to be his pace and there isn't much he can do about it. He's had some off games and looked dodgy but I still believe that he'll come good and a decent enough centre back for Arsenal. I'd still think that Koscielny/Vermaelen will be the preferred centre-back pairing for now.

Gervinho will continue to improve as he gets used to the league. He's already shown a great deal of improvement since his first few games where he looked really out of place and indecisive. I still don't rate Walcott and I'd hope that Chamberlain gets a chance or two in the first-team after the winter break to prove his worth. I can see Walcott signing for a lower team than Arsenal soon enough - I just don't think he's got it.

Koscielny has been superb recently. Mertesacker has surprised me how poor he is physically. Got found out time and again in the air against Chelsea which I found bizarre!

IMO Walcott was borderline undefendable at times against Chelsea, he tore him Cole and absolute new one when Gervinho should have scored early doors (I think it was Gervinho). And generally kept Cole back which is a feat in itself.

IMO Walcott was borderline undefendable at times against Chelsea, he tore him Cole and absolute new one when Gervinho should have scored early doors (I think it was Gervinho). And generally kept Cole back which is a feat in itself.

It was Gervinho. A dreadful miss. He then played in a brilliant cross for Van Persie that he just couldn't connect with properly at the far post.

Walcott was immense at the weekend. He really is unplayable at times. As he's show for England too, when they ripped Croatia a new arsehole.

Obviously he doesn't do it nearly often enough.

It was Gervinho. A dreadful miss. He then played in a brilliant cross for Van Persie that he just couldn't connect with properly at the far post.

Walcott was immense at the weekend. He really is unplayable at times. As he's show for England too, when they ripped Croatia a new arsehole.

Obviously he doesn't do it nearly often enough.

This being his main problem. If he could only put a decent run of games together where he is playing at that capacity instead of the odd game out of 10.

• 1 month later...
Arsenal have been told that Borussia Dortmund playmaker Mario Gotze will not be sold for less than £30m. The Gunners had hoped to tie up a deal for the Germany international for £25m in advance of the transfer window opening.

Will he mark his debut by bending over and pulling his arsehole apart? :unsure:

• 3 months later...

It's lunacy to suggest Arsenal have a better squad than Liverpool laugh.gif

Look at the players................................

Sczeney v Reina = Reina

Gibbs v Aurelio = Aurelio

Vermaelan v Agger = Agger

Carragher v Koscielny = Carragher

Johnson v Sagna = Sagna

Song v Lucas = Lucas

Gerrard v Fabregas = Gerrard

Downing v Gervinho = Downing

Adam v Wilshere = Adam

Suarez v Chamakh = Suarez

Carroll v Van Persie = Van Persie

Dalglish v Wenger = Dalglish

I get........... Liverpool 10, Arsenal 2. Proof if you ever needed it

Gibbs has hardly played in the EPL, Aurelio is a Brazil Internationalist. Whats Fabregas done in his career? His is a case of being a good player in an underachieving team (he looks better than he is) while Gerrard carries his team week in, week out. Wilsshere is over rated and bottles it in the big games, Adam doesnt. And Dalglish has improved his squad and bought players who have proved themselves in the EPL, who has Wenger bought? Dalglish is better as he has more ambition and drive, Wenger doesnt care anymore. Lucas is better than Song, Nasri was poor the second half of the season, Suarez is better. Van Persie is always injured, Carroll is more reliable. Downing has played English football his entire career, this is new to Gervinho, he will struggle IMO

Van Persie is always injured, Carroll is more reliable

laugh.gif

Also:

They'll finish comfortably top 4. As I've been saying since July. 8 wins from 9 now, isn't it? Lethal.

Something else I should note, nice to see Koscielny having a fucking storming time of it at the minute. Great player, as I've also been saying for ages.

cool.gif

I'm going to go bump those posts soon. Especially the ones in the 8-2 thread. I was the only person on that thread with a sense of perspective and a grounding in reality. I was adamant the whole way though Arsenal would finish 4th, but was laughed under the table by EVERYONE and was accused of having a breakdown.

I enjoy being right. smile.gif

I'm going to go bump those posts soon. Especially the ones in the 8-2 thread. I was the only person on that thread with a sense of perspective and a grounding in reality. I was adamant the whole way though Arsenal would finish 4th, but was laughed under the table by EVERYONE and was accused of having a breakdown.

I enjoy being right. smile.gif

Well apart from the fact that they are likely to finish 3rd now. :P

Especially the ones in the 8-2 thread. I was the only person on that thread with a sense of perspective and a grounding in reality. I was adamant the whole way though Arsenal would finish 4th, but was laughed under the table by EVERYONE and was accused of having a breakdown.

I don't think that's strictly true. I'm sure I identified the Man Utd scoreline as a freak result.

Archived