Au Revoir Arsene?

RandomGuy

Big decisions   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the EPL's really suffering from a lack of quality centre-backs, but they more than make up for that with their strikers. That was a crazy game.

The "won't finish in the top 4!!!!11!!!!1" brigade will be shitting themselves now.

I'm still unsure on whether they will.

Man City look great. Man United will definitely be in it.

It's between Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and even Newcastle just now for the other spaces in the top four.

Arsenal are really lucky in the sense that although they were really poor at the beginning, the other teams competing haven't been great recently and they've been able to catch up.

I'm still unsure on whether they will.

Man City look great. Man United will definitely be in it.

It's between Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and even Newcastle just now for the other spaces in the top four.

Arsenal are really lucky in the sense that although they were really poor at the beginning, the other teams competing haven't been great recently and they've been able to catch up.

It's still a 12 point chasm between City and Arsenal, though. Level on points with Tottenham who are 5th, but they have 2 games in hand.

It's still a 12 point chasm between City and Arsenal, though. Level on points with Tottenham who are 5th, but they have 2 games in hand.

I know how big the gap is, but Arsenal aren't going to finish first - I really doubt anyone thought that at the beginning of the season.

I meant Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs - None have been great this season either and have been dropping points too.

I've said it many times on here, but - with the exception of David Silva - there is nobody in the English Premier League even remotely as good as Robin Van Persie. Absolutely sensational football player. Arsene better pray that he stays fit and signs a new contract.

They'll finish comfortably top 4. As I've been saying since July. 8 wins from 9 now, isn't it? Lethal.

Something else I should note, nice to see Koscielny having a fucking storming time of it at the minute. Great player, as I've also been saying for ages.

Who was it who said he never did it in the big games? Might even have been on this thread.

This is becoming a habit of mine. No doubt someone will drag up one of me talking a similar amount of shite.

Robin Van Persie is the best striker in the world outside of Barcelona, January - May just past he was absolutely sensational, it's just a shame he collects more injuries than I got Maurice Malpas Pannini stickers (they must have made 3 times more of him than anyone else) in the mid to late 90's.

i'll have what you're smoking.

Who do you think is better than van Persie? I'd have agreed with him.

ronaldo

higuain

ibra

rossi

tevez

eto'o

aguero

forlan

suarez

rooney

drogba

falcao

neymar

he scored a load of goals against stoke, wigan, west ham, birmingham, blackpool, wolves, newcastle, leeds. can't say i'm that impressed.

van persie has done nothing of note in years at the sharp end. he's an extremely callow player and if he was anywhere near as good as you are making out clubs would be trying to sign him (eg. fabregas and nasri)

he was rotten at the world cup and when have arsenal been in a properly big game recently where he played well? he scored in the first leg against barca but he was shite at the nou camp. he was crud in the league cup final as well.

the guy is obviously a good player but he is a front runner. if his team are playing well then he'll bang them in but when it comes to the nitty gritty give me rooney, tevez or especially drogba ahead of him any day.

Not content with making the point just once, he went back about a month later.

also a month or so ago we had a few claims that van persie was the best striker outside the nou camp.

anyone want to argue that now? not even top 5 in the epl imo.

Also, this, would you believe it, is from a thread titled "10 Biggest Premier League Flops", which is from April.

The biggest let down in the EPL for me Robin Van Persie... now bear with me here... The guy is shit hot when he is on form, possibly up there with the many great forward that have come out of Holland in the past thirty years! but does he actually live up to the expectations... Where is he in the big games, can any of you actually tell me a time when you thought Van Persie is unplayable today, and can you tell me a time when he has put a run of more than 3 or 4 games together when he actually maintained any sort of level? The answer is no, I put it down to the wrong club, or wrong manager effect, but can you imagine Van Persie in a Fergie team, or a Mourinho team he should be year in year out one of the top goal scorers, and top players for awards, and simply he isn't! He has all the ability, he has all the skill and he defo has the arrogance, but where oh where are the consistent perfomances... He has made only 148 appearances since he signed in 2004, and with 60 goals to his credit.... he scores nearly one in two for the dutch side!

I'll hold my hands up and say that Wenger has certainly made some of my criticism towards him last season and this season look a bit stupid now. My criticism of some Arsenal players is entirely merited though.

Although in saying that, I did state that Arsenal will never win another league title under him, and they certainly won't win the Champion's League under him. So I'm right in that aspect.

This is becoming a habit of mine. No doubt someone will drag up one of me talking a similar amount of shite.

Not content with making the point just once, he went back about a month later.

Also, this, would you believe it, is from a thread titled "10 Biggest Premier League Flops", which is from April.

:D I remember that, had a couple of decent shouts in that thread having a look back, maybe the best being...

It really would be excellent (discussing a 4-2-3-1 with Aguero, Silva, Balotelli and Dzeko (before Nasri had signed) in City's attack), you'd also have (ex-mighty 'Boro player) Adam Johnson for the Attacking midfield 3, Barry for the midfield and Milner anywhere you fancied.

I could well be wrong, but I've got a theory that Mancini isn't so much negative as pragmatic. We all knew for the season to be anywhere close to a success and for City to be able to attract the real top-class players (i.e Sergio Aguero) that they wanted that they'd have to finish in the champions League, and i think Mancini played to that, made them incredibly difficult to beat and set his side up that they could grind out results and get 3 points. I'm hopeful that they'll be a little more fluid and attack-minded this season now they've reached the Champions League. They also scored more than Spurs last season in the Premier League.

Then again, I could be wrong and he might just be a negative Italian git :P

My trumpet gives off a wonderful toot toot :P

Was reading this morning that RVP has 9 goals in his last 5 Premier League games and 28 goals in 27 league games in 2011. For a team who have 'struggled' (by their own ludicrously high standards) in this calender year as much as Arsenal that is absolutely sensational.

Archived