Au Revoir Arsene?

RandomGuy

Big decisions   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I just did exactly what you do in most of your posts when you don't have a clue or a valid reply. Make a one sentence reply ignoring points that you can't appreciate. I don't feel like debating with you as you are a joke and completely clueless.

Are you really that stupid? Why would they need to go out and buy a top creative player when they had Scholes in his prime?

Scholes who barely gets a game? Man Uniteds centre midfield is based solely on getting back the ball these days, there's rarely a place for a creative player in there. Even Anderson who was a creative player when he left Porto has been stifled and rarely gets forward nowadays. They don't bother with luxury players.

If United had wanted any of these so called 'bargains' do you not think they'd've made an attempt to sign one of them? They have plenty of cash lying around quite blatantly. Maybe they're not as good as you think they are.

It's not like they haven't had the money. They prefer making their own minds up rather than what the 'tabloids' tell them to do. I laugh heartily when I see United linked on a weekly basis to everyone and anyone. When was the last time they actually bought the straightforward choice? Berbatov?

Scholes who barely gets a game?

Are you suggesting Scholes has barely got a game for the last 10 years? blink.gif

32 starts last season in League and CL is barely enough.

Man Uniteds centre midfield is based solely on getting back the ball these days, there's rarely a place for a creative player in there.

That's the main problem and the main reason they never won anything of major note last season. The clearly lack a creative spark in the midfield now that Scholes is past his best.

Although they are top of the league the signs have been there of how poor their midfield has been. They have been relying on a 37 year old and young striker to save them at times this season.

Even Anderson who was a creative player when he left Porto has been stifled and rarely gets forward nowadays. They don't bother with luxury players.

How often did you watch Anderson at Porto?

Anderson has never been a good creative player as he is very wasteful in possession. He gets forward for United especially this season against Blackburn, Valencia and Birmingham. Three games that the United fans were raving about his performances, funnily enough this was when Fletcher was not starting.

So Nani and Ronaldo were not(are) luxury players?

If United had wanted any of these so called 'bargains' do you not think they'd've made an attempt to sign one of them? They have plenty of cash lying around quite blatantly. Maybe they're not as good as you think they are.

This sums you up perfectly.

To suggest that Sneijder costing £13 million and VDV £8 million are not bargains are the words of someone with a lack of footballing knowledge.

Sneijder - one of the best creative midfielders in world football(you probably think Lampard and Gerrard are better) and was one of the best players in world football last season. Yet he was not a bargain. laugh.gif

Van Der Vaart - been one of the best players in EPL this season, fantastic for Tottenham. Many believe he was signing of the season.

Ferguson has always struck me as a manger who likes his "No10" to be a secondary striker rather than some trequartista type.

I may be wrong here, but did you just claim Wesley was in the mold of a Totti, Del Piero type of 'trequartista'

Are you suggesting Scholes has barely got a game for the last 10 years? blink.gif

32 starts last season in League and CL is barely enough.

That's the main problem and the main reason they never won anything of major note last season. The clearly lack a creative spark in the midfield now that Scholes is past his best.

Although they are top of the league the signs have been there of how poor their midfield has been. They have been relying on a 37 year old and young striker to save them at times this season.

How often did you watch Anderson at Porto?

Anderson has never been a good creative player as he is very wasteful in possession. He gets forward for United especially this season against Blackburn, Valencia and Birmingham. Three games that the United fans were raving about his performances, funnily enough this was when Fletcher was not starting.

So Nani and Ronaldo were not(are) luxury players?

This sums you up perfectly.

To suggest that Sneijder costing £13 million and VDV £8 million are not bargains are the words of someone with a lack of footballing knowledge.

Sneijder - one of the best creative midfielders in world football(you probably think Lampard and Gerrard are better) and was one of the best players in world football last season. Yet he was not a bargain. laugh.gif

Van Der Vaart - been one of the best players in EPL this season, fantastic for Tottenham. Many believe he was signing of the season.

I may be wrong here, but did you just claim Wesley was in the mold of a Totti, Del Piero type of 'trequartista'

^^^ verge of tears

Nope, I was saying the reason Fergie has never had a "No.10" in that mould is because he;s often used wing play or secondary strikers. Or, in 1999, both.

To be fair though, I think of Riquelme when I see the word trequartista.

Anyone who thinks Manchester United realistically had to make a choice between Bebe and Rafael Van Der Vaart, and then chose the former needs their head looked at pronto :lol:

People just think transfers work like football manager, a few clicks and it's sorted. Deluded.

• 5 months later...

Looks like yet another season will begin with Arsene in charge. Was going to start a thread about this but luckily someone else has.

Can Arsenal realistically win the league this year? Or will it be yet another faltering challenge which ultimately fails due to lack of squad depth and adaptability?

Looks like yet another season will begin with Arsene in charge. Was going to start a thread about this but luckily someone else has.

Can Arsenal realistically win the league this year? Or will it be yet another faltering challenge which ultimately fails due to lack of squad depth and adaptability?

Arsenal won't win the league this year. IMO, I think they will struggle to get 4th. Especially if Nasri goes. Not enough actual buying in the transfer market, all mouth and no trousers.

Arsenal won't win the league this year. IMO, I think they will struggle to get 4th. Especially if Nasri goes. Not enough actual buying in the transfer market, all mouth and no trousers.

Do you think Wenger would keep his job if they finished outside the Top 4?

Do you think Wenger would keep his job if they finished outside the Top 4?

Yes, presuming you are meaning just outside the top 4. Whether I think he should lose his job is a different matter and probably depends on the circumstances.

Yes, presuming you are meaning just outside the top 4. Whether I think he should lose his job is a different matter and probably depends on the circumstances.

Really? I think he'll get the sack if they don't get Champions League football for next year, and he will deserve it frankly. Not signing a centre half this window so he can display his "trust" for Koscielny and Djourou is ridiculous

You are a fucking tit, son.

I can see Arsenal finishing comfortably outside the top 4 this season, unless they get in 2 or 3 more high quality, beastial players.

Superb goal there from Gervinho on his debut, mind, and only 6 minutes in.

Arsenal won't finish outside the top 4. To suggest otherwise is sheer loonacy, the top 4 will certainly be Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City. And probably in this order.

You are a fucking tit, son.

How? huh.gif

Nobody knows, because it has never happened since he took over as manager in 1996.

And? The relevance of this point is?

Indeed. the only thing rarer than Arsene not being in the top 4, is Arsene not being in the top 2. What is it, 4 or 5 times that's ever happened?

Does it matter? It's this season upcoming that matters not his previous "achievements"

Arsenal won't finish outside the top 4. To suggest otherwise is sheer loonacy, the top 4 will certainly be Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City. And probably in this order.

It's lunacy to suggest Arsenal have a better squad than Liverpool laugh.gif

Look at the players................................

Sczeney v Reina = Reina

Gibbs v Aurelio = Aurelio

Vermaelan v Agger = Agger

Carragher v Koscielny = Carragher

Johnson v Sagna = Sagna

Song v Lucas = Lucas

Gerrard v Fabregas = Gerrard

Downing v Gervinho = Downing

Adam v Wilshere = Adam

Suarez v Chamakh = Suarez

Carroll v Van Persie = Van Persie

Dalglish v Wenger = Dalglish