Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

If they did do a standalone Nightwing film, id like it to be with JGL with the way its left with Rises

Daredevil is something that might get more of a following with a series after flopping in the BA film

That'd be very cool actually, although potentially confusing while the pther DC films pursue another universe. The story arc "a Knight in Bludhaven" would eb worth ripping off for a Nightwing film. It;d also be a good way of getting around the Robin problem by simply skipping over that period.

A proper street level "gritty" Daredevil series would be excellent.

A netflix Daredevil series has me hugely excited. Forehead7 is the other Daredevil fan on here like to hear his thoughts.

I'm not a huge fan but I've read enough, I definitely think it's a good move. I guess it depends on what they want to do, if they wanted to do a proper Marvel Knights type thing then they really could go for it and make it quite violent and whatnot and given some of the "harsher" stuff that Netflix have produced (Orange in the New Black, House of Cards) then they'd certainly have the right place to do that. But then if they want to tie it into the Marvel Universe then they wouldn't want to make it too violent.

It's a shame that Joe Carnahan is working on Mark Millar's Nemesis adaption otherwise I would probably have asked him to get involved (in all of them, not just Daredevil's) since what I had heard about his Daredevil plans were very promising.

It's also a shame that Ben Affleck's busy with Batman, I'd have loved him to reprise the role of Daredevil.

That Guardan list is a shambles, should be xmen 2 and Spiderman 2, enjoyed Blade but it wasn't anywhere as popular as most of the others

Read about the Netflix/Marvel tie in and to be fair its a win win all round, if they are popular it means they can use the characters later without using any films and if it flops then no harm no foul

Loved the original Spiderman films, so bad but classics. STill want to find the original flash series from the 90s as well, cheesy but all good

What list?

On a different note was having a discussion with a mate the other day about Batman Beyond and if they would consider making a film version of it. Anyone else think Clint Eastwood would be a cracking choice to play old Bruce?

On a different note was having a discussion with a mate the other day about Batman Beyond and if they would consider making a film version of it. Anyone else think Clint Eastwood would be a cracking choice to play old Bruce?

I think he was fantasy casted as Batman in a "Dark Knight Returns" movie as well. He'd be great.

I loved the Batman Beyond concept, I think at one point (before Batman begins) it was a direction Warner Bros considered going live action. I'd like to see it resurrected in the comics or on tv at some point.

Plus Paul Dini = legend.

Anyways, here's a link to some other Batman films that never happened - which one would you have wanted to see?

http://batman-news.com/2013/07/04/10-batman-films-that-almost-happened/

List to it in a previous post

So Drew Goddard confirmed as Daredevil writer. Thoughts Forehead?

I really enjoyed Cabin in the Woods, Cloverfield was a bit shit and I don't know any of his Lost episode credits by name. Seems like a good enough move.

Anyways, here's a link to some other Batman films that never happened - which one would you have wanted to see?

http://batman-news.com/2013/07/04/10-batman-films-that-almost-happened/

Not sure I want to see the film but Robin Williams as the Riddler could be pretty good.

Holy shit though, Nic Cage Scarecrow and Madonna Harley Quinn would be car-crash hilarious.

I'm still bitter about Aronofsky's Year One (and Wolverine) getting binned. I'd be all over him doing a comic book movie.

That Guardan list is a shambles, should be xmen 2 and Spiderman 2, enjoyed Blade but it wasn't anywhere as popular as most of the others

Read about the Netflix/Marvel tie in and to be fair its a win win all round, if they are popular it means they can use the characters later without using any films and if it flops then no harm no foul

Loved the original Spiderman films, so bad but classics. STill want to find the original flash series from the 90s as well, cheesy but all good

Personally my list would go:

1. The Dark Knight
  2. The Dark Knight Rises
  3. Batman
  4. Spiderman 2
  5. The Avengers
  6. X-men First Class
  7. The Amazing Spiderman
  8. X-Men 2
  9. Iron Man
  10. The Incredible Hulk

I read in Total Film that in Age Of Ultron the U.S. government develop Ultron so they don't have to rely on The Avengers. They surmise that Stark builds it for them. I reckon Stark is forced out of 'retirement' when Ultron goes mental. It's also interesting to note that RDJ is contracted to do Avengers III.

Don't get me wrong i am looking forward to DOFP but if that is the death that kicks everything off in that timeline I can imagine it will really split opinion and may cause unwanted backlash

Don't get me wrong i am looking forward to DOFP but if that is the death that kicks everything off in that timeline I can imagine it will really split opinion and may cause unwanted backlash

Nah it won't be. I reckon it's just planting a seed to turn people against mutants. It'll be used as 'evidence' of how you can't trust mutants, allowing the legislation to be puished through that fucks up the future for them.

Nah it won't be. I reckon it's just planting a seed to turn people against mutants. It'll be used as 'evidence' of how you can't trust mutants, allowing the legislation to be puished through that fucks up the future for them.

Thought the original story with that was due to a failed attempt on a political figure's life?

I knew it was Senator Robert Kelly, I thought they did manage it.

Thats who it was, couldn't remember and was bugging me

Be interesting to see how much of the Bishop future we see, im assuming it will be some kind of mutuant resistance. If this is done properly it could be cracking.