Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

I cant really stand Tatum as an actor. He was decent in 21 Jump Street but nowt else. He's just not lithe enough for me for Gambit.

The latter is my problem, he's too muscly for Gambit. He's charismatic enough but too well-built and not really "rugged" enough like a Gambit needs to be.

I'm not really sure who I'd have though, Josh Holloway is about the only name that springs to mind but even he's a bit too big for the role.

X:Men The Last Stand was on Film4 last night and I noticed there was a character called 'Trask' (no first name or title though was a military guy). I assume this was just a nod to the fans and is meaningless for DOFP? Also O assime that the cure wears off going by Magneto's last scene which explains why future Magneto and futureystique have their powers.

Saw another trailer for it today and it just looks exceptional. Will be interesting to see how Professor Xavier gets unparalysed then reparalysed, how Magneto is captured and who makes it to the next film.

Check out the Extended Trailer for The Flash!!!

Nice couple of wee Easter Eggs in there as well!!!

Is it just me or does that look really good???

I mean it's even got Earth's Greatest hero, Ranger Smith in there as well, although he does appear to be in a wheelchair in the trailer, so something has happened in his backstory???

Check out the Extended Trailer for The Flash!!!

Nice couple of wee Easter Eggs in there as well!!!

Is it just me or does that look really good???

I mean it's even got Earth's Greatest hero, Ranger Smith in there as well, although he does appear to be in a wheelchair in the trailer, so something has happened in his backstory???

Won't lie, I know nothing about The Flash but that does look good

I also know little about the Flash, but surely you don't mean this guy?

RangerSmith.png

I didn't clock Electro playing that either, I was entirely confused by that scene since I thought it was supposed to be soundtrack and then Spider-man makes reference to the noise.

As for Arrow, I might give it a bash but the first three/four episodes were pretty pish. The actor playing Oliver Queen doesn't exactly portray a playboy very well (or didn't in the episodes I saw before I gave up). I was kinda intrigued by the Island story though, but not enough to continue watching.

I didn't clock Electro playing that either, I was entirely confused by that scene since I thought it was supposed to be soundtrack and then Spider-man makes reference to the noise.

As for Arrow, I might give it a bash but the first three/four episodes were pretty pish. The actor playing Oliver Queen doesn't exactly portray a playboy very well (or didn't in the episodes I saw before I gave up). I was kinda intrigued by the Island story though, but not enough to continue watching.

Stick with it. I found the same but ended really enjoying it. The 2nd Series is excellant.

Agreed I like arrow as well, it was more the draw of the flashbacks to the island that kept me interested initally but it really kicked up a gear in the 2nd season

Saw that Flash trailer just before I went out on Friday, looks outstanding. When is it out?

Same here, I'll be giving that a go.

How do people rate Arrow? Think the first season is on Netflix US, is it work a watch?

Been wondering that same question

It really has kicked on this season. The first season was ok but I think because it hadn't had it's 22 episode run in advance it did f**k about with it's structure and chuck fillers in left, right and centre. The second season has shown what it can do with a full license to crack at 22 episodes. I'd argue that it probably should be cut to 13-16 to bring down the quantity over quality ratio. It's no surprise that the Flash TV show has a lot to thank Arrow for giving it the foundations to run off thanks to that excellent two parter.

FWIW, even with Agents of Shield showing decent improvements, I'll offer a square go with anyone that thinks it is better than Arrow.

Think Arrow has been consistanly better than AOS. Looking forward to the netflix Marvel series once it gets started as well. Its good to see DC started to claw a bit back with Arrow and now the Flash but has alot of catching up to do

Think Arrow has been consistanly better than AOS. Looking forward to the netflix Marvel series once it gets started as well. Its good to see DC started to claw a bit back with Arrow and now the Flash but has alot of catching up to do

Indeed. Even Constantine and Gotham might end up doing well. What I find all the more impressive with Arrow is that they have managed to do it of all networks through CW, which fair enough they did do Smallville, but it was very much a villain of the week for the most part of the show. Arrow has been able to keep the big bad relevant each week as well as bringing through some cracking dc cameos.

Marvel will certainly have a good opportunity to make at least one of the four defenders work with Netflix behind it. Fire enough bullets and one of them is bound to hit the target type outlook.