Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Exactly. Its a no brainer for both Marvel and Netflix, most of what they have done individually recently has turned to gold so no reason it cant work. At the least it covers origins for more Marvel characters without the need for a film in the same way AOS can debut characters and gauge reaction before deciding if they can take it further

Good times to be a geek

It really has kicked on this season. The first season was ok but I think because it hadn't had it's 22 episode run in advance it did f**k about with it's structure and chuck fillers in left, right and centre. The second season has shown what it can do with a full license to crack at 22 episodes. I'd argue that it probably should be cut to 13-16 to bring down the quantity over quality ratio. It's no surprise that the Flash TV show has a lot to thank Arrow for giving it the foundations to run off thanks to that excellent two parter.

FWIW, even with Agents of Shield showing decent improvements, I'll offer a square go with anyone that thinks it is better than Arrow.

Cheers, a few of my friends and my brother watch Arrow, they rate it highly.

After watching the Flash trailer and your recommendation I'll give it a go.

A thought regarding Xmen Days of Futures Past:

The newest trailer shows Young Xavier regaining his ability to walk for the film, now could it be perhaps that because we see a older walking Xavier in both xmen origins and in a flashback from Last stand, with both are sometime in the 80s that Xavier will regain use of his legs in this film but will permanently loose use of them again at a later date? Perhaps late 80's early 90's? Could this be the series attempt at fixing some of the major continuity issues?

A thought regarding Xmen Days of Futures Past:

The newest trailer shows Young Xavier regaining his ability to walk for the film, now could it be perhaps that because we see a older walking Xavier in both xmen origins and in a flashback from Last stand, with both are sometime in the 80s that Xavier will regain use of his legs in this film but will permanently loose use of them again at a later date? Perhaps late 80's early 90's? Could this be the series attempt at fixing some of the major continuity issues?

He takes something that gives him back the ability to walk, but he loses his telepathic powers.

In First Class we see him in a wheelchair at the end but it could be that he recovers and the chair was only used during rehabilitation. Also there are plenty of mutants kicking around so maybe someone has some power that helped him? Plenty of ways to explain it I'd imagine. Don't think he loses his powers or else there would be no point in sending Wolverine back to him.

On the topic of X-Men; is Origins: Wolverine considered canon? I know that the first three X-Men and The Wolverine are all canon, but what's the deal with Origins? It kind of messes things up a bit.

In First Class we see him in a wheelchair at the end but it could be that he recovers and the chair was only used during rehabilitation. Also there are plenty of mutants kicking around so maybe someone has some power that helped him? Plenty of ways to explain it I'd imagine. Don't think he loses his powers or else there would be no point in sending Wolverine back to him.

On the topic of X-Men; is Origins: Wolverine considered canon? I know that the first three X-Men and The Wolverine are all canon, but what's the deal with Origins? It kind of messes things up a bit.

Purely just a cash in. Sure there was a rumour way back when that they would do origin films for a few of the Xmen but obviously never happened. Might be why First Class was done tho. Im still looking forward to the film and really hope Singer has done it justice, i still love Xmen 2

Purely just a cash in. Sure there was a rumour way back when that they would do origin films for a few of the Xmen but obviously never happened. Might be why First Class was done tho. Im still looking forward to the film and really hope Singer has done it justice, i still love Xmen 2

So it can be ignored in terms of continuity? Good. It had promise but ended up a mess.

The first X-Men was on Film 4 last night. Not seen it in years. It was pretty decent. X-Men 2 is good and X-Men: The Last Stand is silly but decent. First Class is tremendous and I thought The Wolverine was good.

Hated Xmen 3. It should of been what DOFP is going to be (tho to be fair think First Class will help the story along better) Dont understand why they made such a big deal promoting Angel when he is in for like 5mins and probably would of been an ideal film to give Rogue some decent powers for the big fight at the end. The killing off of Xavier had me out straight from the start

Hated Xmen 3. It should of been what DOFP is going to be (tho to be fair think First Class will help the story along better) Dont understand why they made such a big deal promoting Angel when he is in for like 5mins and probably would of been an ideal film to give Rogue some decent powers for the big fight at the end. The killing off of Xavier had me out straight from the start

Wolverine kicking the guy in the balls still makes me giggle

If Origins is removed from the continuity then it repairs a lot of damage to the franchise. I enjoy it as a film but as a part of the franchise it was fucking devastating. So far first class is the best followed by Wolverine, then X2

If Origins is removed from the continuity then it repairs a lot of damage to the franchise. I enjoy it as a film but as a part of the franchise it was fucking devastating. So far first class is the best followed by Wolverine, then X2

I couldn't enjoy it because of the way it was structured. Loved the fact it addressed how old he actually was but him being brothers with Sabertooth did my bloody box in. Also how he got the name Wolverine... I could go on

Entirely guesswork but I think the Xavier "walking" stuff will be in some kind of psychic projection or training room or something.

The worst thing about the X-men films was the absolute shambles of how they portrayed and handled Cyclops. An absolute kick in the nuts for X-fans.

Entirely guesswork but I think the Xavier "walking" stuff will be in some kind of psychic projection or training room or something.

Not sure. I saw a trailer where Xavier, Wolverine, Beast and Quicksilver break Magneto out of a prison under the Pentagon after which Xavier punches Magneto's puss.

Also will Magneto be Irish again? The way his accent totally changed at the end of First Class was bizarre.

I also know little about the Flash, but surely you don't mean this guy?

RangerSmith.png

Yes, yes I did!!!

Did you see him???