Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

No way pedro. That's some 90's cross over pish there. 90's were a disaster storywise for the X-Men IMO.

In saying that would love to see Apocalypse or Mr Sinister in a movie.

Yeah, I'm probably heavily bias because Apocalypse (and Sinister) are among my top 5 comic villains.

Electro confirmed for The Amazing Spider-man 2 to be played by Jamie Foxx.

Jamie-Foxx-Electro-in-Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg

Interesting casting, I'm sure it'll upset a lot of comic book fans that they're not adhering directly to the source material but as long as it's not out of place (Idris Elba in Thor) then it doesn't bother me.

Electro's a real second stringer in Spiderman terms, Interesting route to go down though

I'm fine with them going for supposed "second string" villains now. Sandman is a pretty second string villain but he was the strongest of the three bad guys in Spiderman 3. Although given how much screen time Venom got and the quality of Harry Osbourne's Goblin it wasn't exactly hard to be the strongest villain in that film.

Frankly I'm just relieved as all those the references to Norman Osbourne and OsCorp in the last film had me worried they were just going to do the Green Goblin again. However Electro could be a breath of fresh air. Hopefully they don't rush this one through like the last film and make it something special.

Electro's a real second stringer in Spiderman terms.

I don't think it's that bad though. After Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus and Venom, who else is "first string"? Those three were obviously used in the first series of Spider-man films. I don't think Electro is any less used as the likes of Lizard or Sandman. And in the same sort of league as the likes Rhino, Carnage and Mysterio.

I think they'll Green Goblin in the second or third one though.

I don't think it's that bad though. After Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus and Venom, who else is "first string"? Those three were obviously used in the first series of Spider-man films. I don't think Electro is any less used as the likes of Lizard or Sandman. And in the same sort of league as the likes Rhino, Carnage and Mysterio.

I think they'll Green Goblin in the second or third one though.

I'd love to see a Spiderman film with one of those two. Although if they're going to have Carnage then they'll probably need to establish Venom again in this series continuity.

I've always liked Scorpion as well so wouldn't mind seeing a film with him as the villain either.

Oh forgot about him, he's probably around the Mysterio/Rhino/Electro level. And the Vulture too.

Can I remember a villain from the comics years a go called Tarantula? He had spikes on the toes of his boots? Pretty sure he was Hispanic. Or am I just havering?

I don't think he kept appearing in the comics but pretty sure he featured in a story line.

Can I remember a villain from the comics years a go called Tarantula? He had spikes on the toes of his boots? Pretty sure he was Hispanic. Or am I just havering?

I don't think he kept appearing in the comics but pretty sure he featured in a story line.

tarantula.gif

Yeah, he died.

So its going to be another total CGI-Fest then I'd imagine? Here's hoping they do it a little better this time.

Didnt rate the reboot at all, just couldn't get on board with it but I think Jamie Foxx is terrific so here's hoping it's better this time.

I would like them to do Venom again but pick a better actor this time. I didnt think Topher Grace was a particularly good casting, just didnt make for a menacing character at all. And it seemed like he was just threw in at the last minute even though it was prevalent through the whole movie if that makes sense. Whole Venom arc could've been done better.

I don't think it's that bad though. After Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus and Venom, who else is "first string"?

That's it really - and I don't have a problem with that, it's an interesting route to go down, and Spiderman, along with Batman,has the best rogue's gallery in comics so it;s good to see it used.

I thought the casting in the first film was excellent, and liked the Garfield-Stone chemistry, but the film somehow felt less of the sum of its parts. If those two had been slotted into the first two Raimi Spidey flicks.....

Edit to add - To be honest Spiderman at his peak in the comics (the 70s with John Romita Sr) the supervillan was secondary to the Dawson Creek angst anyway!

Edited by banterman86

Oh forgot about him, he's probably around the Mysterio/Rhino/Electro level. And the Vulture too.

So basically most of the original Sinister Six? Also it's pretty harsh on many of them to be compared to the Vulture who started out as an old man in suit who used to purse snatch.... the epitomy of supervillianery.

I'd love to see someone do a Spiderman film with a good interpretation of Kraven the Hunter in it. Forget the CGI and science stuff (to a degree) just have a big game hunter trying to take down the wall crawler for a bounty or a challenge.

Electro was hinted at in the bit after the credits of the first film with the lightning flash in the sky ( i think) also glad it's not Norman Osborn (yet).

I'd love to see someone do a Spiderman film with a good interpretation of Kraven the Hunter in it. Forget the CGI and science stuff (to a degree) just have a big game hunter trying to take down the wall crawler for a bounty or a challenge.

Many a comic nerd has called for a film adaption of "Kraven's Last Hunt"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraven's_Last_Hunt

Glad to see Jamie Foxx getting a role for the next film, should be interesting how it plays out

The Vemon storyline in SM3 was crimal, in reality they should of tied up the film in the bell tower sequence and had an entire film decided to him and then keep it open for Carnage later

Heard already that Harry Osborn has been confirmed for the 2nd film, the guy that was in Chronical?

Many a comic nerd has called for a film adaption of "Kraven's Last Hunt"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraven's_Last_Hunt

The only problem with that is that to do that storyline any justice Kraven has to be a firmly established character, otherwise it doesn't have the resonance as to why Kraven acts like he does in it. No you could do a variation on the character's debut in SM #15 (with obvious amendments for being 2012 and not the 60's) and I think that would work far better.

So basically most of the original Sinister Six? Also it's pretty harsh on many of them to be compared to the Vulture who started out as an old man in suit who used to purse snatch.... the epitomy of supervillianery.

Pretty much, apart from Osborn and Octavius in the Sinister Six(obviously depends on the iteration and universe), they're all below those two and Venom.

I forgot about Kraven as well! laugh.gif It just shows you how vast his "Rogue's Gallery" is and there's plenty of other guys like Hydro Man, Hobgoblin, Kingpin, The Beetle that could be fitted in as well.