Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Loki absolutely stole the show in the first

It'd take something special for one of the individual films to get a villain who was better than Loki

Thought Loki was the best character again by a mile.

Loki is the man!

Cheers lads.

Astonishingly, this actually happened;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joZODFleOaA

What's worse is that a month or so ago, Hasselhoff was giving it the bigguns about being the "real" Nick Fury and that Sam Jackson just wasn't doing the character right. He was also talking about how Stan Lee was saying (on set) that Hasselhoff was totally Nick Fury and whatnot.

He also wants to reprise the role.

Bored? Why not watch the entire 1994 Fantastic Four movie;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON57I0i3ryw

Not got the time just now, but is this version of Doctor Doom better or worse than the Fox version?

Four new superhero TV shows to launch on Netflix following on from each other each year before coming together. Thoughts?

http://tvandfilmreview.com/2013/11/07/star-wars-7-to-hold-uk-open-auditions-marvel-superheros-heading-to-netflix-american-horror-story-renewed-more/

Edit - I have only heard of one of them :(

Edited by DavidMcG

Luke Cage is who the black guy in Agents of SHIELD was rumoured to be. He's got unbreakable skin. Jessica Jones is (in modern continuity) married to Luke Cage, she's pretty low-tier. Flight and superhuman strength, IIRC. Iron Fist is a martial arts guy, can't remember the specifics but he's got some sort of ancient power which gives him the ability to "focus his chi", also got some healing shit thrown in there with his martial arts skills.

Putting it on Netflix is great, a lot more flexibility than Agents of SHIELD will have on ABC.

What's worse is that a month or so ago, Hasselhoff was giving it the bigguns about being the "real" Nick Fury and that Sam Jackson just wasn't doing the character right. He was also talking about how Stan Lee was saying (on set) that Hasselhoff was totally Nick Fury and whatnot.

He also wants to reprise the role.

Not got the time just now, but is this version of Doctor Doom better or worse than the Fox version?

I'd actually love to see that Nick Fury. It looks hilarious. Some of the quotes I posted are tremendous.

The Hoff is a fanny. Samuel L Jackson has totally nailed the role of Fury. He's immense. The Hoff is just a washed up fandan who doesn't begin to get the tone of Marvel movies these days. Can you imagine him clowning around as Fury, shooting off terrible one liners and doing hooky fight scenes in the current Marvel universe? It would be laughable. f**k off Hoff.

Not sure about Dr Doom. I haven't actually watched that Fantastic Four film yet. I didn't think the Fox one was that bad. Obviously the films were a bit shit. I hear they're remaking Fantastic Four.

I'd actually love to see that Nick Fury. It looks hilarious. Some of the quotes I posted are tremendous.

Not sure about Dr Doom. I haven't actually watched that Fantastic Four film yet. I didn't think the Fox one was that bad. Obviously the films were a bit shit. I hear they're remaking Fantastic Four.

I saw it years ago, I recall it being pretty bad.

I'm gonna disagree with you. The Fox one was laughably bad. I'll admit that my bias is clouding my judgement because Dr Doom is my favourite Marvel character but that attempt was piss poor.

Is X-Men First Class a reboot, or did they just not bother with continuity from the trilogy?

It's all supposed to be in the same universe, with First Class being before the trilogy but there's loads of continuity errors (you see Hank McCoy/Beast before and after his transformation in First Class and in X2/The Last Stand is one example).

At least I assume so, otherwise they're just using all the same character from both for the upcoming one.

That Guardan list is a shambles, should be xmen 2 and Spiderman 2, enjoyed Blade but it wasn't anywhere as popular as most of the others

Read about the Netflix/Marvel tie in and to be fair its a win win all round, if they are popular it means they can use the characters later without using any films and if it flops then no harm no foul

Loved the original Spiderman films, so bad but classics. STill want to find the original flash series from the 90s as well, cheesy but all good

Also to add i had been reading that Superman vs Batman is due to maybe have Wonder Woman, Flash and Nightwing all in it. Well at least that solves the problem of making seperate films for them....

Read about the Netflix/Marvel tie in and to be fair its a win win all round, if they are popular it means they can use the characters later without using any films and if it flops then no harm no foul

A netflix Daredevil series has me hugely excited. Forehead7 is the other Daredevil fan on here like to hear his thoughts.

Also to add i had been reading that Superman vs Batman is due to maybe have Wonder Woman, Flash and Nightwing all in it. Well at least that solves the problem of making seperate films for them....

A Nightwing standalone film would actually be really interesting, simply because there'd be this backstory that'd be a bit different from other superheri films.

Batman v Superman is starting to sound like a bit of a clusterfuck.

A netflix Daredevil series has me hugely excited. Forehead7 is the other Daredevil fan on here like to hear his thoughts.

A Nightwing standalone film would actually be really interesting, simply because there'd be this backstory that'd be a bit different from other superheri films.

Batman v Superman is starting to sound like a bit of a clusterfuck.

If they did do a standalone Nightwing film, id like it to be with JGL with the way its left with Rises

Daredevil is something that might get more of a following with a series after flopping in the BA film