Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Just seen it. Enjoyed it.

In the first Thor film you can apparently see the Infinity Gauntlet in the Asgard vault at the start. Also the tesseract, one of the Infinity Gems, is in the posession of the Asgardians, presumably in the vault as well. So at the end is Thanos in the Asgard vault? If so, how did he get there? Presumably Loki would have helped him? And presumably Thanos would have lifted the tesseract whilst he was there? That would mean he has 2 as presumably The Collector still has the aether. The Vision has one on his face and the other is on Xandar. Wonder where the others will turn up? I'm betting Guardians 2 and Thor 3 or Inhumans.

Just seen it. Enjoyed it.

In the first Thor film you can apparently see the Infinity Gauntlet in the Asgard vault at the start. Also the tesseract, one of the Infinity Gems, is in the posession of the Asgardians, presumably in the vault as well. So at the end is Thanos in the Asgard vault? If so, how did he get there? Presumably Loki would have helped him? And presumably Thanos would have lifted the tesseract whilst he was there? That would mean he has 2 as presumably The Collector still has the aether. The Vision has one on his face and the other is on Xandar. Wonder where the others will turn up? I'm betting Guardians 2 and Thor 3 or Inhumans.

Loki's seemingly taking Mephistos role with Thanos (Advisor whos manipulating Thanos for his own gain) so I'd be surprised if he wasn't involved in helping Thanos get the gauntlet and gems.

Wondering when we'll finally see Adam Warlock too, and how they'll use him.

Saw AoU at the Imax last night and I really enjoyed it. It didn't quite match up to Assemble but it wasn't far off.

I thought Spader was spot on as Ultron and The Vision was done really well considering how daft it could have been. And I realise I'm saying that about a film with a mystical god with a big hammer.

i wonder if Quicksilver actually did "die" in AoU

was just trying to work out how they would cover his 3 film contract unless its cheesy flashbacks (which isnt marvel style surely), some people have said that scarlet witch could bring him back but given he'd likely be buried by now that could get messy lol

But one possible way is that he didnt actually die, his high metabolism rate seemingly gives him high regenerative abilities, so perhaps he didnt die when he saved Hawkeye, all we seen was Hawkeye carry his body onto the rescue craft and lay him on the floor before going for a kip, Scarlet Witch throws a flakey at the possible feeling that her twin brother and only family left has possibly died, then at the end she look remarkably calm for someone that had lost her brother

Perhaps he was recovering in a medical unit, hell maybe fury had a secret stash of that shit he used on coulsen etc

Surely they wouldn't do that after "killing" Coulson in the last Avengers and bringing him back to life. Can't see it being anything other than flashbacks.

maybe he didnt die though, no one said he died in the film, scarlet witch just implied to ultron that quicksilver had died, she didnt actually know, and with quicksilvers higher regenration abilities, he maybe recovered from the brink of death, hawkeye didnt even say he had died and he carried him to the rescue craft

i can see a film in the future containing them (civil war may have a cameo of the avengers as they back captain america) where you'll find quicksilver commenting about how he nearly died or something simple like that

maybe he didnt die though, no one said he died in the film, scarlet witch just implied to ultron that quicksilver had died, she didnt actually know, and with quicksilvers higher regenration abilities, he maybe recovered from the brink of death, hawkeye didnt even say he had died and he carried him to the rescue craft

i can see a film in the future containing them (civil war may have a cameo of the avengers as they back captain america) where you'll find quicksilver commenting about how he nearly died or something simple like that

There's evidence both ways tbh. If he survived then why wasn't he part of the new line-up alongside Scarlet Witch? If he died then why was there no proper send off or huge reaction? I don't think Maria Hill talking about the "science" behind his abilities was a mistake to perhaps hint at his return. I don't feel that's the right decision though. I liked his character but why kill him if the plan is to bring him back?

There's evidence both ways tbh. If he survived then why wasn't he part of the new line-up alongside Scarlet Witch? If he died then why was there no proper send off or huge reaction? I don't think Maria Hill talking about the "science" behind his abilities was a mistake to perhaps hint at his return. I don't feel that's the right decision though. I liked his character but why kill him if the plan is to bring him back?

totally agree, id guess that he wasnt at the new line up because he was recovering in a medical unit, with marvel who knows mind you lol

what i do feel is that they dont need flashback scenes in any of the films, they are quite cheesy and serve nothing to future plots if their past films are to be used as a marker

maybe they signed quicksilver on to 3 movies just because they hadnt decided to kill him off yet, for god know how long hawkeye and black widow had contracts running out after age of ultron, maybe the plan was to kill either of them off

civil war will tie it up i guess given the new avengers side with cap if the storyline is to be followed

Edited by 53_and_counting

Ant-Man will be in the new Avengers line up surely? And maybe Dr Strange?

You assume so. Along with the likes of Blank Panther and Spiderman and the ominous Adam Warlock?

Growing feeling major characters will have to die soon to make room for everyone, but when?

Infinity War will be the final hurrah for the current roster. By the time that comes round, they'll have been building up to Thanos for 6 years, they've split it into 2 parts (usually indicating the end of a franchise) and contracts are running out. They've still got a huge amount of folk to pick from. Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Dr Strange, Ant Man, The Inhumans and Spider Man all have movies coming out in the next four years. Will they all become Avengers (the Inhumans most likely teaming up with them)? Also...

There's four new Avengers at the end of Age of Ultron, will any of them get a solo movie? Scarlet Witch could probably tie into Inhumans (no idea about them) and maybe Dr Strange. Falcon could become the new Captain America when Chris Evans leaves or partner Bucky. War Machine maybe as the new Iron Man? Vision partnering Scarlet Witch? They've been introduced in Phase 2 yet may have to wait til Phase 4 to get their own movie?

Edited by accies1874

I think one or two will be bumped off in Cap 3. A couple more will get their totties in Infinity War part 1. The release dates of the films say a bit. Spiderman is obviously going to make it through Cap 3 if he's in it as the Spiderman film comes out a year after it. Black Panther doesn't come out until after Infinity War part 1.

I can't see any further movies being announced. There's plenty of them being made already.

evans has signed for infinity wars so he survives cap 3, same for downey jr,

scarlet witch and vision get it on and steamy in the comics lol, so you'd think they both survive, however vision and his infinity stone in his head could see him die in infinity wars

iirc the guy that plays winter soldier has a 9 film contract, so you'd imagine after phase 3 he'd be the new captain america

a lot of phase 3 totally depends on what they do with the civil war storyline, they are already breaking the comic storyline by keeping captain america alive, unless evans has a different role in infinity wars (surely he's not gonna be cast as a 3rd marvel character lol)

A lot of the contract lengths are misleading though it seems, simply to build up the shock value for when the major players get bumped off. 100% a few will get pumped off in the Civil War and Infinity War movies, while certain ones will be lost in stand alone films too.

Is the Evans thing an assumption because he said when the Avengers next movie is shooting? Or has that been confirmed?

a few interviews he's spoke about what he plans during his downtime between civil war and infinity wars and how he is planning this around his MCU involvement for the next 4 years

he actually uses the words "we start infinity wars" so it would seem so far the evidence points to him being there

however crossbones is confirmed to be in civil war, and he kills cap in the comic storyline for civil war lol

phase 3 will be tremendous i think

A lot of the contract lengths are misleading though it seems, simply to build up the shock value for when the major players get bumped off. 100% a few will get pumped off in the Civil War and Infinity War movies, while certain ones will be lost in stand alone films too.

so far though the contract lengths have held up, everyones contract length has ended or still running as it was, would be a completely different turn for marvel to start signing up people for 3 or 4 films only to knock them off after two and say "ah well we got the shock value"