Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

2 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

He ended up trusting Sansa too much by letting her see into some of his tricks. She ended up being able to beat him at his own game.

Totally agree. And I think that's why his arc came to a satisfying conclusion -- beaten at his own game.

3 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

He ended up trusting Sansa too much by letting her see into some of his tricks. She ended up being able to beat him at his own game.

Aye. Fair enough point I suppose but I definitely expected more from Littlefinger.

I wonder will Jaime join up with the Dany/Jon crowd ? I suppose without an army he doesn't really bring much to the fight. 

I suppose like most I expected some huge epic battle to finish the series but in all honesty this was always.

Is Tyrion perhaps doubting his faith in Dany now?Or was he just perving outside her room when her and her nephew were shagging?

53 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

I wonder will Jaime join up with the Dany/Jon crowd ? I suppose without an army he doesn't really bring much to the fight. 

I suppose like most I expected some huge epic battle to finish the series but in all honesty this was always.

Is Tyrion perhaps doubting his faith in Dany now?Or was he just perving outside her room when her and her nephew were shagging?

I think that Jon would probably accept him even without an army.  However if he arrives at Winterfell before Jon that may be taken out of his hands when Bran reveals it was Jaime that shoved him oot the windae.

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

I think that Jon would probably accept him even without an army.  However if he arrives at Winterfell before Jon that may be taken out of his hands when Bran reveals it was Jaime that shoved him oot the windae.

Right enough, always thought it would be Cersei or perhaps even Brienne that would end Jaime but that may be the thing that ends up as his demise.

Think the core characters Dany, Jon, Sam, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Cersei and Jaime will make it through unscathed until very close to the grand finale (not that many episodes to go now when you think about it, so that's only four episodes basically) and what we'll see before the last 90 minutes or so of action is a scythe running through most of the secondary red shirt characters as the Night King's wights and/or Cersei and Euron's mercenaries go on the rampage for a few episodes. 

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think the core characters Dany, Jon, Sam, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Tyrion, Cersei and Jaime will make it through unscathed until very close to the grand finale (not that many episodes to go now when you think about it, so that's only four episodes basically) and what we'll see before the last 90 minutes or so of action is a scythe running through most of the secondary red shirt characters as the Night King's wights and/or Cersei and Euron's mercenaries go on the rampage for a few episodes. 

Probably this...

They played the deaths pretty safely this series really, thought little finger may have come through but not to be, 

I wonder will there be a back story to the Night king that links him to a claim for the iron Throne? Or perhaps even a link to the Starks,TargReyans or whoever , 

In terms of political nous Sansa has been the Westerosi version of Theresa May and now we're supposed to believe that she schools Littlefinger at his own game, by virtue of her Stark child plot armour. Predictably lame scriptwriting. Sad!

Let's hope Martin lays off the double cheeseburgers long enough to provide the book series of events as well.

Was a good episode, not amazing, but good. Thought it was pretty obvious that Littlefinger was getting bodied, Theon was getting his redemption and Cersei was at the double cross, the acting (the aforementioned Lena Heady in particular) was very good though and more than made up for the obviousness of the plot.

Littlefinger had to die. Not for any storyline reason, but because Aiden Gillen's accent was so fucking ridiculous and all over the shop that it was almost spoiling the programme.

Even though we all knew the army of the dead breaking through the wall was going to end the season, the sight of the Night King riding the Ice Dragon like a Swag Daddy Soprano was glorious stuff. Still hope he 'wins'.

In terms of political nous Sansa has been the Westerosi version of Theresa May and now we're supposed to believe that she schools Littlefinger at his own game, by virtue of her Stark child plot armour. Predictably lame scriptwriting. Sad!

Tbf she even said herself that she's a slow learner, however she has been around some of the best minds in Westeros for a while in Cersei, Olenna and Littlefinger.
Plus Littlefinger wasn't being anywhere near as cunning or subtle as he was in KL, he was laying it on far too thick, which is either bad writing or Littlefinger is slightly more stupid than we thought.

Let's hope Martin lays off the double cheeseburgers long enough to provide the book series of events as well.

This annoyed me

From season 1 Littlefinger was made out to be one of the smartest men in Westeros and responsible for pretty much all this shit that's kicked off.

Now he's been outsmarted by Sansa and Arya. Surely after what Bran said to him about the whole chaos ladder thing it should rang alarm bells and he'd have got rid of him first before trying to turn the two sisters on each other.

Not annoyed that he's dead but he deserved a better send off as he was one of the best characters on the whole show

I just thought that Baelish was too cocky for his own good. He thought he was dealing with a couple of wee girls. He had managed to manipulate everyone else with ease until now. He hadn't bargained on the sisters being as ruthless as they have become.

That's what I took from it as well, still felt a bit cheap though, out of character for him to be sloppy.

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Surely after what Bran said to him about the whole chaos ladder thing it should rang alarm bells and he'd have got rid of him first before trying to turn the two sisters on each other.

That's the one major flaw in the whole thing. His face when it was said was pretty grim as well. So he must have taken something from that.

I took it as Littlefinger underestimating Sansa and thinking he could get away with more than he could.

But I find it hard that he'd underestimate her after he saw her lie to the lords of the Vale in order to get her and Littlefinger out of trouble

He knew that she is capable of "playing the game" so it wasn't great writing to have him ultimately outsmarted by someone he knew wasn't stupid

16 hours ago, Loki said:

So Jon Snow is Aegon Targaryean.  Does that little scene where Eamonn talks to Jon at Castle Black and things he is little Egg have a bit more meaning now?  Can't quite recall what was said.

A few things maester Aemon says has a lot more meaning. I reckon he clocked Jon the moment he walked in. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

That's what I took from it as well, still felt a bit cheap though, out of character for him to be sloppy.

But he was bored with all the shit in Winterfell. You could tell from his wee smirk he has had since the Knights of the Vale saved the day at the BotB. He thought he controlled everything because of what he had done. That's why he was possibly sloppy.