Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

No worries.

I honestly can't remember if Tywin's letter is in the TV show or not, but it's not a massive plot point. In the very first scene of the first episode, where the rangers are killed by the white walkers, the ranger in command was a newbie who didn't know what he was doing, but had been made an officer because he was of noble birth.

His wikipedia entry doesn't mention the letter but I'm not sure if that's in relation to the books or the TV show anyway.

As for the opening scene I can't remember any of the dialogue from that scene so it's no wonder I was unaware :lol:

Watched a lot of the first couple of seasons of this again and I have to say Tywin's first scene is my favourite by a mile. The whole scene is a total masterclass in acting, first and foremost.

But at the same time, the introduction of his character in that one 4 minute scene is scintillating.

His accent can't decide whether it's Scottish or not. It's a bit off putting now.

That did my head in, so to speak.

One or two of the lesser characters are not the best actors in the world. The fat guy pretending to be drunk managed it for two lines then sobered up remarkably.

But otherwise, a nicely paced return to our small screens, I though.

So, will each episode will air like the first one - at 2am on Sky Atlantic?

Or is there an actual weekly timeslot for the UK broadcast?

9pm on Monday!!!

Have been powering my way through series 1 and 2 in the last week and am half way through series 3 it really is brilliant was a bit unsure at first but am totally hooked now. Black-Water Bay probably my favourite episode so far.

There seems to be lots of sex. Did you add any of the sex?

David Benioff: If wed shown all of the sex in the book wed be behind bars right now.

If you want choice quotes of children being raped by exquisite lemoncakes you are but a google search away

Have you read the books?