Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Great episode again. They've done some fine work this series with some marital that is not the strongest in the series.

Hated Oberyn in the beginning mainly due to his sexposition scenes but he's really coming into his own now and i'm quite happy with the portrayal.

Edited by AberdeenBud

That Danarys or however you spell her is just absolutely fantastic, im in love, shame she has stopped getting the kit aff. Devastating. :(

As for the episode I thought it was superb, very happy with how it turned out and it was pretty gripping.

Since the trailer for the next episode shows that Oberyn and The Mountain will be carrying out the 'combat' portion of Tyrion's trial by combat, what is going to happen in episode 9? Not looking for spoilers, just wondering aloud. Could be some shit going down at The Wall maybe? Or perhaps they'll swerve us and set the entirerity of episode 9 inside Hodor's head, giving us an hour of Hodor looking at a rock and thinking 'Hodor!' or straining out a huge shite, roaring 'HODOR!' as he squeezes out the last 2 pounds and wipes the sweat from his brow?

My guess is that episode 9 will be at the wall and have the attack by the wildlings. Is Stannis not also heading to the wall with his army? Maybe some walkers will get in on the action too. Episode 9 hasn't disappointed in previous years so hopefully will be a cracker

Hold up; what army does Stannis have now?

Hope Ser Alistair gets his totties. And Janos Slynt. Both are cuntos.

Shit. When was this? I must have somehow missed it.

Also 4000 men isn't that many compared to the other armies kicking about.

When he was meeting with the Iron Bank they asked him about his army and he said he had 4,000 men and 92 ships. Obviously used some gold to hire the pirates again but yeah, it's a very small army, compared to what the Lannisters, Tyrells or even Mance Rayder could put in the field.

My guess is that episode 9 will be at the wall and have the attack by the wildlings. Is Stannis not also heading to the wall with his army? Maybe some walkers will get in on the action too. Episode 9 hasn't disappointed in previous years so hopefully will be a cracker

I thought Stannis was heading back to King's Landing, no?

When he was meeting with the Iron Bank they asked him about his army and he said he had 4,000 men and 92 ships. Obviously used some gold to hire the pirates again but yeah, it's a very small army, compared to what the Lannisters, Tyrells or even Mance Rayder could put in the field.

D'oh! I even remember him saying that as well! For some reason I thought that he had picked up 4000 men from the Iron Bank somehow (maybe someone didn't keep up payments on their army and the bank reposessed them?).

Aye seemingly Mance has 100,000 lads including some giants. Despite this, he's only sent a wee party to Castle Black for some reason.

They made a big thing about him going to the Wall then just seemed to have ignored it, but presume he is on his way there.

Strange one, as I too thought he was firing to King's Landing to claim the throne. Why would he be going to the Wall?

Aye seemingly Mance has 100,000 lads including some giants. Despite this, he's only sent a wee party to Castle Black for some reason.

To be fair, he didn't know Jon Snow would betray him and tell the Night's Watch they were coming. Not made totally clear in the series so far but the original plan was for the wee party to hit Castle Black in secret. Jon Snow fucked that up though.

To be fair, he didn't know Jon Snow would betray him and tell the Night's Watch they were coming. Not made totally clear in the series so far but the original plan was for the wee party to hit Castle Black in secret. Jon Snow fucked that up though.

Good point. Never thought of that. They can't exactly climb back down the wall and ask for reinforcements I suppose.

D'oh! I even remember him saying that as well! For some reason I thought that he had picked up 4000 men from the Iron Bank somehow (maybe someone didn't keep up payments on their army and the bank reposessed them?).

Strange one, as I too thought he was firing to King's Landing to claim the throne. Why would he be going to the Wall?

To try and win the supprot of the north by being the only king willing to defend the realm from the real threat at the wall. With all that went on with the starks the support of the North is there to be won

To try and win the supprot of the north by being the only king willing to defend the realm from the real threat at the wall. With all that went on with the starks the support of the North is there to be won

Hmmm. True that. Although isn't Roose Bolton Warden of The North now? He has an army, as was shown in the trailer for next week's episode when they go to attack that place (Moat Cailin I assume since Ramsey was told by Roose to take it in an earlier episode). Could be another big hooring battle perhaps?

Hmmm. True that. Although isn't Roose Bolton Warden of The North now? He has an army, as was shown in the trailer for next week's episode when they go to attack that place (Moat Cailin I assume since Ramsey was told by Roose to take it in an earlier episode). Could be another big hooring battle perhaps?

He's warden but the way he got that means he ain't very popular with most of the northern lords who were loyal to the starks. When it comes down to it a lot of the north won't stand with Bolton if there was an alternative, severely limiting his capabilities and hold on the region