Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I'm thinking there's collusion and they're up to something, he's maybe going back to King's Landing as Daenrys's spy?

I'm not sure. I think he'll appear at some point in some important capacity, but unsure where. Maybe The Wall, since that's where his old man was. He can risk being seen in the North again since the Starks have been deposed. Plus he was given a royal pardon, albeit by a dead king.

It's clear that someone like Tywin did set the whole thing up to disrupt the Daenerys camp, so not so sure he'd be welcomed back in King's Landing.

Daenerys is a fucking idiot.

But then there is this!

I'm starting to think along the lines of this whole "Game of Thrones" being really that, a game being played by Littlefinger and Varys, two men who weren't even Lords but could be working together to become the last men standing for the throne.

Edit: It was Littlefinger and Varys who both pointed Ned Stark in the direction of the conspiracies, inbreeding and of course Gendry. They also alluded to conspiracies that King Robert would die, not long before it happened. Is it possible they started the whole war? That they knew enough dirty secrets between them to tear the Kingdom apart?

You could say that Littlefinger started the war. He had Lysa poison John Arryn, which meant that Ned Stark had to go to King's Landing to become The Hand Of The King. Then, as you say, he was steered towards the inbreeding that states that Joffrey had no claim to the throne. He knew that Ned Stark's honour would mean he would pursue it, but also knew that the Lannister's would never let him live for it. There is a consipiracy that says that the Lannister lad who was Robert Baratheon's wine bearer on the trip where he was killed was tasked with getting Robert shitfaced so he would make a fatal error, like being stuck by a boar.

Then of course Littlefinger fired over to Dragonstone to foment more trouble if I recall. He also was responsible for the killing of Joffrey, chucked Lysa out the moon door and now pretty much has the run of The Vale and the armies that brings.

Varys has been biding his time and seems to waiting for his opportunity to make a move. As he proved when he got the guy who castrated him in a box, he has his resources.

Edited by DA Baracus

Obviously might be wrong, but it looked like The Mountain could have collapsed and died at the end, double death, possible way out for Tyrrian?

I imagine its a "last man standing" type of battle. So the first to die loses. Doubt even Tyrion could really argue Oberyn outlived The Mountain, so I can't see him getting out through that route. Short of murdering everyone in Kings Landing I've no idea how he'll get out of it, and I'm sort of bracing myself for his death. We seem to lose a "lead" character every season, first was Ned, then Robb, maybe this time it'll be Tyrion?

What would happen if Tyrion revealed/confirmed Cersei/Jamies incest? Tommen dethroned? Tywin loses his power? Tyrion set free??

I imagine it wouldn't change a thing, who's he meant to tell that could remove the Lannisters from power? Most people probably already know

Quick question - was she in Holyoaks or Corrie or something before GoT?

As for the ending...oof. Made me a little queasy in the way that only Hannibal and Bones have managed before.

Anyway, it's just a flesh wound.

Was she not in the pilot of Sherlock as well?

Nailed it. She's absolutely shite.

There is some pretty patch acting. In some cases, as in the Mountain, that's kind of understandable as he's not an actor. Emiia Clarke, however, is just dreadful and really has no place in such a significant role. She has one look - bewildered - which she uses for being angry, amused, and determined. I'm reminded of the guy from CSI Miami. That said, her scenes are pretty boring. Now.

I should know better by now but that ending absolutely stunned me. Gutted to see Oberyn go as he was becoming one of my favourite characters of the entire show.

As for Tyrion it's looking very bleak for him. Can only really see Jaime as a way out for a him although I've got a sneaking suspicion Tommen might have something to say before any execution.

If the trend continues for killing off the best characters, Tyrion's for the chop. That gives me a little bit of faith that he might get out of this, somehow.