Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

The mammoths make me think of the big things that lived on the Earth alongside humans around 200,000 years ago, so not too silly when compared with warlocks, dragons and zombie creating ice creatures.

Although elephant man looking giants are a bit harder to explain away tbf.

Was a good episode not quite up there with other episode 9's from previous season. Surely they won't leave Tyrion's fate till next season?

I am just reading the books the now and that's the first episode where I've read about it before seeing it. Quite a few differences between the book and the telly.

Fucking loved that episode. I liked it only focused on that battle, which was spectacular. Tyrions fate can wait till next week. I even found myself rooting for that cuntish nights watch commander.

Fucking loved that episode. I liked it only focused on that battle, which was spectacular. Tyrions fate can wait till next week. I even found myself rooting for that cuntish nights watch commander.

He was pretty fucking bad ass to be fair and showed why he's the boss.

Is next week the final episode?

Yes.

George R R Martin's a bit pissed off that this season sways from the books as far as character deaths are concerned. So far it's been true to the book, which leaves one episode...

Doesn't seem annoyed to me. He's also talking bollocks - major characters who haven't died in the books clearly are safe, just no marks like Pyp and Grenn need to be worried.

I remember that he moaned because Khal Drogo killed some random Dothraki who shared a name with a character in book 5, but really there's no reason why you can't replace one random Dothraki with another if need be.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but I just realised that the actor who plays Maester Aemon is Grouty in Porridge. He's 91 years old :o

Is that the guy who revealed himself to be a Targayrean? Also, was that a 'reveal'? Not sure if I've missed it before but if not I found it a bit cliche the way they went about doing it.

Is that the guy who revealed himself to be a Targayrean? Also, was that a 'reveal'? Not sure if I've missed it before but if not I found it a bit cliche the way they went about doing it.

It was revealed in season1.

And Lord of the Rings.

The whole Jon Snow/ Sam thing has made me think about LOTR since the first scene Jon was on after being shot, and he lay on the ground smiling going "Oh Sam". Genuinely expected the final line in the latest episode to be "Yes you are going alone Mr Jon, but I'm coming with you!"

Was a bit disappointed, but its because I had massive expectations, there was a massive number of "Oh ya fucker" moments in one episode. The giants bow and arrow, and the massive fucking wrecking ball sweeping along the wall being personal highlights. I do worry about the way that story is going though, as I get the feeling Jon will be successful, which seems ridiculous really.

Have to imagine the next episode will see Tyrions fate decided, still convinced he'll find a way out of it simply because it would be incredibly harsh to kill off Oberyn and Tyrion in one series

Edited by RandomGuy.

It was revealed in season1.

I thought it must've been!

Asked the Mrs if it'd been revealed before and we both thought it hadn't. Don't know how you all keep up with the intricate little details like that; was years ago I watched season one and about all I can remember is Ned getting his head chopped.