Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

It's the iron coin that Jaqen gave her. He told her to give it to any man from Braavos if she needed him again.

Cheers man. Really need to stop viewing thrones as an excuse for a bottle of Rioja.

Right, so safe to assume that anyone reading this now should be up do date?

Nicely set up now. Chap above (rw89) should have noted a book spoiler.

I'm assuming Bran's going to ride one of the dragons, namely Drogon who's left to come get him. Melisandre looks like she'll be getting a bit rapey with Jon Snow next season. And what the hell is Arya going to do in Bravos? Iron Throne also now even weaker than ever. Lannisters truly there for the taking now by Stannis?

Was a great finish to the season but do feel too many of the interesting characters have been killed off this season. The hound's story arc had dried up recently but felt there would still have been much they could have done with Tywin.

Dany's scene started almost the exact same as about another 3 or 4 with all her titles and then some random asking for something.

A lot of progress for Bran, Arry and Stannis.

The whole stuff with Bran was weird as sh1t. Who was that wee girl that started shooting fireballs like super mario at weird dead skeletons? The old guy was creepy too. I won't miss the wee boy from Love Actually, a pretty meh character. I also get rage anytime someone attacks Hodor.

Good to finally see Stannis get a 'win' of sorts. Not sure where that storyline will go next season. Perhaps white walkers will get in the mix - certainly what Mance was suggesting.

Danerys gets shat on alot in this thread but I like her and enjoy her scenes and her character development. Interesting that one of her dragons has gone awol. No idea where it's gone!

Is the Hound dead? I assume so but there will always be that bit of doubt in my mind as we never saw him actually die. Great to see him and Brienne go up against each other. I didn't see it coming at all even though I knew they were headed in same direction. What I don't understand though is why they never entered the Eeyrie? Surely when she announced herself outside as Arya Stark, one of them would have said "Your auntie is pan breed bit your sister/littlefinger is inside" ??

What's the deal with the Mountain? Why is Cersei so keen on keeping him alive and how will he be 'different'? We haven't seen enough of the mountain to make me care about him yet.

Great stuff at King's landing with Tyrion. Glad he strangled that boot Shae. She had it coming. Also pleasantly surprised he killed his dad with Joffreys bow. Wonder where him and Varys are off to? Maybe Bravos too?

How far away is Bravos to where Danerys is? Could be more good sh1t there if that's where a bunch of people are headed.

Fcuk having to wait a year! Aaargh

What I don't understand though is why they never entered the Eeyrie? Surely when she announced herself outside as Arya Stark, one of them would have said "Your auntie is pan breed bit your sister/littlefinger is inside" ??

I could be wrong, but I think that only some of the people high up know that Sansa Stark is there(I'm sure she is going under a different name at the moment)

What I don't understand though is why they never entered the Eeyrie? Surely when she announced herself outside as Arya Stark, one of them would have said "Your auntie is pan breed bit your sister/littlefinger is inside" ??

I'm surprised they never entered but I don't think anyone knows that it's Sansa, outside of Littlefinger, Robin and the three people who were judging the suicide situation. I think they're still keeping her cover of Littlefinger's niece because of the Lannister threat.

It was a good episode, I don't care so much for Bran's story and Daenerys is still absolutely shite but Tyrion and the stuff at the wall continues to be very interesting.

Great to see the Lannister's suffer a defeat of sorts (though one of my friends blurted out that he killed him on the pan so I knew it was coming, good to see Shae die as well - bitch). Stannis getting a win is great too. Maybe he takes some of the wildlings to bolster his army?

Right, so safe to assume that anyone reading this now should be up do date?

Nicely set up now. Chap above (rw89) should have noted a book spoiler.

I'm assuming Bran's going to ride one of the dragons, namely Drogon who's left to come get him. Melisandre looks like she'll be getting a bit rapey with Jon Snow next season. And what the hell is Arya going to do in Bravos? Iron Throne also now even weaker than ever. Lannisters truly there for the taking now by Stannis?

Apologies about that. Second time I've done that in this thread. I'm a c**t!

A very good episode though! Now I've got nothing to watch!

Doesn't really need to be in spoilers as the show has now surpassed this part of the book but will just in case:

I'm not usually one for getting upset about changes from the books on the show as understand that these changes need to happen to make it work most of the time but I'm really annoyed that they've omitted...

Jaime telling Tyrion the truth about Tysha along with the famous "wherever whores go" line from Tywin.

It made the scene very anti-climatic and a huge let down IMO.

Edited by Cityfan

Doesn't really need to be in spoilers as the show has now surpassed this part of the book but will just in case:

I'm not usually one for getting upset about changes from the books on the show as understand that these changes need to happen to make it work most of the time but I'm really annoyed that they've omitted...

Jaime telling Tyrion the truth about Tysha along with the famous "wherever whores go" line from Tywin.

It made the scene very anti-climatic and a huge let down IMO.

Think they were just concerned that it had been doing since tysha had been mentioned in the TV show that it would lack any sort of its intended impact. Generally all seems to be aimed at making tyrion a more likeable character than he is in the books. The lack of that moment though will change a lot of how he approaches his next journey through

Think they were just concerned that it had been doing since tysha had been mentioned in the TV show that it would lack any sort of its intended impact. Generally all seems to be aimed at making tyrion a more likeable character than he is in the books. The lack of that moment though will change a lot of how he approaches his next journey through

I reckon it probably would have had a big impact though. The scene in season 1 where he tells Bronn and Shae about Tysha is one of Tyrion's best scenes early on and it played its part in getting the audience to like and connect/sympathise with him and I reckon that TV viewers learning the truth about her before he killed Tywin would have made it a lot more rewarding and satisfying. Jaime telling him the truth would have been a cracking scene as well.

Edited by Cityfan

The Brienne/Hound fight was brilliantly brutal. That's a bear and a hound she's survived against now. What's Brienne going to do now?

Interesting that Ser Alistair was nowhere in sight. What sort of mental route did Stannis take to get to just outside Castle Black?!

As mentioned further up, Melisandre was looking at Jon Snow in a totally grooming esque fashion. Does she know something about him we don't?

What's going to happen to Mance? Will he convince Stannis of the real threat?

The White Walkers are still out there.

Bit of an over reaction from Dany, especially when you consider how protective of the dragons she was.

Will Jorah turn up somewhere? I think he and Tyrion may cross paths. Wjy did Verys leave?

Tommen is surely fucked now that Tywin got Elvised. Talking of which; holy shit! That was unexpected! I don't imagine The Viper's wife is too happy with shit and I imagine she fucked off pretty sharply after the duel.

Arya is a wee mental. She's on the way to becoming a bit of a bad ass. Nice touch thay they remembered the token Jacquen gave her.

Did Rickon and Osha get lost?! Where the f**k are they?!

Shat myself when Hodor was attacked. Thought the big man's time had come. Delighted to see him still around. If they killed off Hodor I'd be done with it.

Mind the Boltons are now occupying Winterfell. They wanted to bump off Jon Snow too. Winterfell isn't far from The Wall. Reek is with them too. Are the Iron Born still around? Can't imagine they're not plotting.i

I reckon it probably would have had a big impact though. The scene in season 1 where he tells Bronn and Shae about Tysha is one of Tyrion's best scenes early on and it played its part in getting the audience to like and connect/sympathise with him and I reckon that TV viewers learning the truth about her before he killed Tywin would have made it a lot more rewarding and satisfying. Jaime telling him the truth would have been a cracking scene as well.

Agreed on that scene but season one was three years ago and unless people read the books/watch the show again (not the majority id imagine) you'd be likely to forget it

Would have liked it to be there though as it plays a big part in tyrion and Jamie's respective character developments

could've maybe included it in a 'previously on' which they seem to have done when bringing back plot lines that may have been forgotten

They could easily have had a conversation about her in his cell prior to the trial by combat instead of the completely made up beetle scene, something like

"hey big brother I'm gonna die man this makes me sad I was only happy once in my life and that was with that girl, a whore it turns out, who I married, you remember? sure you do you were there"

Cut to Jamie looking awkward.

"Man I loved that chick" continues the half man. "I was so sad when pops found out and got the marriage annulled and then had fifty of his men to pump her infront of me, damn that was a bad day"

The when Jamie breaks him out Tyrion won't shut up about how his brother is always there for him, guilt gets too much for Jamie and he explains that whole story. This shows the viewer Tyrions motivation to go to his dads room in the first place, why he flips when we sees Shae and why his day saying whore repeatedly caused him to shoot.

It could have been done, but they are too intrested in keeping Tyrion as a sympathetic character, apologising to Shae after killing her? f**k off. He is a mixture of good and bad just like everyone in this world it's a shame that the show runners have tried to Hollywood this shit out of him.

Decent episode that but I felt they rush this scene a little and they didn't end it with the shot a lot of book readers had been predicting, I guess because they've not got as much coming next season and they need at least one WTF moment.