Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Tyrions knows exactly what happened with his first wife. He explains it in the drinking game scene with Shae and Bronn.

Again, this isn't an adaptation of the books. It's a TV show BASED ON the story in the books. That means they can make the characters how they want. They can make them totally different to the books as it's not an adaptation of the books. They can add characters, remove characters or do whatever they want because it is not an adaptation of the books.

Really not a difficult concept to get. If it's one you struggle with you'd best not watch the show as you'll most likely be raging that things don't happen in the exact order of the books or that the chracters don't say the exact same things at exactly the same time as they do in the precious books.

Tyrions knows exactly what happened with his first wife. He explains it in the drinking game scene with Shae and Bronn.

Again, this isn't an adaptation of the books. It's a TV show BASED ON the story in the books. That means they can make the characters how they want. They can make them totally different to the books as it's not an adaptation of the books. They can add characters, remove characters or do whatever they want because it is not an adaptation of the books.

Really not a difficult concept to get. If it's one you struggle with you'd best not watch the show as you'll most likely be raging that things don't happen in the exact order of the books or that the chracters don't say the exact same things at exactly the same time as they do in the precious books.

I'll be honest, you appear to have said it's not an adaptation and then defined an adaptation when you explained what it is.

Oh thanks for taking time out to explain that one to us pal <3

You know every single one of the great scenes in this show is lifted directly from the precious books and often word for word as well. When they can they should do this as the material is 1000 times better than anything any of these writers have or will ever write.

Oh and I meant to say in my original post that Bran section was a genuine lol moment, it looked like a shite computer game from a decade ago.

Doesn't really need to be in spoilers as the show has now surpassed this part of the book but will just in case:

I'm not usually one for getting upset about changes from the books on the show as understand that these changes need to happen to make it work most of the time but I'm really annoyed that they've omitted...

Jaime telling Tyrion the truth about Tysha along with the famous "wherever whores go" line from Tywin.

It made the scene very anti-climatic and a huge let down IMO.

Aye, I agree. The "angry imp rampage" made a lot more sense than the "solemn imp rampage" in the show.

I have no idea who Tysha is? If it's someone important in Tyrions life then I have forgotten completely

http://youtu.be/z76l53LukE8

That's what he thought happened but Jaime tells him that she wasn't actually a whore, meaning she did truly love him which added to his motivation to kill Tywin.

I've already said I'm not usually that bothered by changes from the books but they've already included the first half of this and it's something I felt that would have made the TV show even better, which is why I'm disappointed they left it out. However, like Paul says, the scene was 3 years ago so a lot of viewers would have probably forgot or been hazy on the story with Tysha, which is probably why they've left it out.

Edited by Cityfan

Now that is how you end a season. Brilliant episode. Still don't get the whole bran and the three eyed raven thing, atleast they have reached that tree now though (finally).

Loved the scene with Tyrion, been gagging to see the Lanisters get theirs since the Red Wedding episode and they are now totally fucked.

Ayra is fast becoming my favourite character a total badass.

My girlfriend watches the show and constantly mentions its different in this way or that way, or this doesn't happen or that doesn't happen. I've read some of the books aswell and it doesn't bother me a fucking ounce whats changed.

Bit shite the way The Hounds gone, but if you don't see them die on screen, then they haven't died. Quite excited Ayra is away to Braavos though, but will we ever really see anything come from that? I presume it takes years to train, and the show won't last as long as that.

Tyrion and Varys leaving together should hopefully lead to some tremendous episodes, and I hope they bump into Drangon wifey soon, if she hasn't been eaten by her own dragons or killed by those around her by then.

Also wondering where Stannis will fit in now, as he's clearly been told to go North by fire wifey, does this mean he'll end up going toe to toe with the White Walkers, Ice v Fire and all that? Also interesting to see her look towards Jon, Snow v Fire perhaps?

Feel the Bran story is about to get "magical" and perhaps might put a few people off the show, its been fairly "normal" for the most part, but I get this feeling his story will be fairly important net year, and we'll see a lot more magic

Girlfriend is watching season one just now so first time seeing these episodes for a while. What in fucks name has happened to Littlefingers accent?

Absurd that no-one in production picked up on that, just let him waltz back in, four seasons in, with his irish accent.

It's absolutely bonkers how much it's changed. It fitted the character fine and now it's just bizarre. Maybe production made him change it, but surely they are not that stupid? I can't even place where his current accent is supposed to be from. Most characters either have a generic southern English accent or a generic northen English accent.

It's absolutely bonkers how much it's changed. It fitted the character fine and now it's just bizarre. Maybe production made him change it, but surely they are not that stupid? I can't even place where his current accent is supposed to be from. Most characters either have a generic southern English accent or a generic northen English accent.

I brought this up as well. The way someone explained it to me is that he's common born with ancestry from across the narrow sea, and he's trying to make himself sound highborn.

Which sounds like a lot of shite to me.

I understand there needs to be changes from the books, but some of them seem like changes for changes sake. The whitewashing of Tyrion is hilarious. Killing Shae in self defence? Leaving Jaime on good terms? Why did he even go to Tywin's room in the show? The Hound and Brienne stuff was cringeworthy and they fucked up Bloodraven.

Anyway, that episode convinced me that the show is not for me. I'm sure if I hadn't been a huge fan of the books I would have enjoyed it, but it just doesn't live up to the source material for me sadly. Plus, it's getting pretty spoiler heavy for The Winds of Winter.

No they didn't, as the TV show is not a direct adaptation of the books.

Also why was The Hound and Brienne stuff cringeworthy?!

Edited by DA Baracus

I brought this up as well. The way someone explained it to me is that he's common born with ancestry from across the narrow sea, and he's trying to make himself sound highborn.

Which sounds like a lot of shite to me.

It blatantly is. To be fair it can be quite hard for the actors. They film each G.O.T. series in a burst then go off and do other things, so they might just forget how to do the accent properly. See Billie Piper when she came back in Dr. Who with a wierd accent (although that was a much longer gap).