Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I've been a big fan of this series, but quite underwhelmed by that tbh.

It all felt a bit rushed with too much going on. I imagine GoT will improve on binge watching though and some of the pacing issues might disappear.

Thought it starter really well, brilliant scene with Jon, Mance and Stannis. Unfortunately it was pretty much all downhill from there with the Bran and Tyrion storylines a particular low point. Found myself lol'ing at leaf and those stupid skeletons, bit of a surprise to see jojen go though. And as others have said, why did Tyrion even go into his dad chambers and where was Varys to help them negotiate the underground network, didn't make sense for me at all?

Book spoiler:

I've not read the books as such, but I've spoken to my mate about what happened. He said in the book, the Hound and Brienne never fought. I can only assume that its been done to build up for Lady Stoneheart and their meeting later along with Jaime.

Its a shame they lost two cracking actors in both Charles Dance (Tywin) and Rory McCann (The Hound) in that episode!

I've been a big fan of this series, but quite underwhelmed by that tbh.

It all felt a bit rushed with too much going on. I imagine GoT will improve on binge watching though and some of the pacing issues might disappear.

Thought it starter really well, brilliant scene with Jon, Mance and Stannis. Unfortunately it was pretty much all downhill from there with the Bran and Tyrion storylines a particular low point. Found myself lol'ing at leaf and those stupid skeletons, bit of a surprise to see jojen go though. And as others have said, why did Tyrion even go into his dad chambers and where was Varys to help them negotiate the underground network, didn't make sense for me at all?

It does seem it would be more suited to that.

I think Tyrion decided he wanted to off his old man. Mind the smug look Tywin gave him after the Viper/Mountain duel? Tyrion knew he was going to be leaving King's Landing, so he thought he wanted to kill Tywin before he did.

Also he did meet Varys. It was just after he shot his old man.

Girlfriend is watching season one just now so first time seeing these episodes for a while. What in fucks name has happened to Littlefingers accent?

Absurd that no-one in production picked up on that, just let him waltz back in, four seasons in, with his irish accent.

It's absolutely bonkers how much it's changed. It fitted the character fine and now it's just bizarre. Maybe production made him change it, but surely they are not that stupid? I can't even place where his current accent is supposed to be from. Most characters either have a generic southern English accent or a generic northen English accent.

Again, this isn't an adaptation of the books. It's a TV show BASED ON the story in the books. That means they can make the characters how they want. They can make them totally different to the books as it's not an adapta-

Again, this isn't an adaptation of the books. It's a TV show BASED ON the story in the books. That means they can make the characters how they want. They can make them totally different to the books as it's not an adapta-

What do comments on his accent changes from season 1 to season 4 on the TV show have to do with the books? :unsure2:

Edited by Cityfan

Gillen recently told GQ that when he was creating the character of Littlefinger, he thought he should sound “patriarchal”:

"…like John Huston in Chinatown or a bit Hammer Horror. I also thought that these characteristics should be allowed to shift around from time to time."

He was interviewed about his accent, and said he means it. Whether thats true or not is debatable

Edited by RandomGuy.

If I have one small niggle about the show at the moment it is the lack of effort the Lannisters have put into finding the Stark kids. They must know that Littlefinger took Sansa to the Eyrie by now, why hjaven't they gone after her? She still stands accused of having a part in Joffrey's death. She hasn't even been mentioned by them since Tyrion's trial.

In fact, the more deaths the less consequences. Obyren (no i's) hasn't even been mentioned yet since the duel, has he? Go back to season one and Arya's wee pal's death. Direwolf were murdered. trials were heard and arguments happened. Now, nothing.

And where the f**k are Rickon and Osha?

If I have one small niggle about the show at the moment it is the lack of effort the Lannisters have put into finding the Stark kids. They must know that Littlefinger took Sansa to the Eyrie by now, why hjaven't they gone after her? She still stands accused of having a part in Joffrey's death. She hasn't even been mentioned by them since Tyrion's trial.

In fact, the more deaths the less consequences. Obyren (no i's) hasn't even been mentioned yet since the duel, has he? Go back to season one and Arya's wee pal's death. Direwolf were murdered. trials were heard and arguments happened. Now, nothing.

And where the f**k are Rickon and Osha?

Brienne and Pod were sent after Sansa

So, they don't know where she is, which means they don't know of the demise of Lisa Arryn or who is in charge of The Eyrie now?

They know of the dragons in Braavos.

This network of spies that Varys has can be a bit of a letdown at times. Same with the ravens they used to send.

It's a minor gripe, but it is bloody annoying me now.

So, they don't know where she is, which means they don't know of the demise of Lisa Arryn or who is in charge of The Eyrie now?

This network of spies that Varys has can be a bit of a letdown at times. Same with the ravens they used to send.

It is Littlefinger who's protecting her remember. If anyone could keep her whereabouts quiet (other than Varys) it'd be him.

I'm not massively convinced Varys tells them everything he knows, nor does he always tell them the truth

And the whole kingdoms in a fucking meltdown, first the King died, and the Lannisters became so intent on killing Tyrion they barely cared about Sansa. And now the head of the family is dead. Whos in charge now? Cersei? She'll put far more effort into finding Tyrion than car about Sansa.

Lets be honest though, the Starks are of very little threat or relevance any more, the only use is some reprieved importance to the people of the North, I doubt many would take up arms against the Boltons simply because one Stark girl is alive

With regards to Sansa being at the Eyrie. In the books they make a big play of her being Littlefingers b*****d daughter named Alayne, even going as far as to have her only refered to by that name for half a book. In the show, they've only briefly mentioned her by that name. I think that we are supposed to believe that only a few people there now know her real identity.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

So here's the problem. The best books have been adapted now. A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons were a bit sub-par compared to the ones we have seen. I hope the TV producers take complete liberties from now on.

So here's the problem. The best books have been adapted now. A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons were a bit sub-par compared to the ones we have seen. I hope the TV producers take complete liberties from now on.

I think there is a lot of fat that needs to be trimmed from the next two books.

Book Spoilers

A lot of the Ironborn stuff is fucking boring. Stick your fucking Kingsmoot up your arse! Although Victarion and Euron Crows Eye are pretty cool characters.

Danyres continues to f**k about in Mereen for fucking ages, not doing anything, although we should finally get to see her fly Drogon next season or the season after depending on how they deal with the books only following certain characters.

The last book or two were poor.

all that stuff with Tyrion messing about on a boat and with the dwarf lassie, and pretty much everything over the sea were boring. When GRRM opened up a new front, as it were, with the boy landing an invasion force on Westeros, my heart sank. He's got a fearsome lot of knots to unfankle in the next book or two when you think of the sheer number of concurrent stories he's got going.

Book spoilers

He introduced so many new characters and stories in these 2 books that it just became a jumble. All the stuff from Dorne and the Ironborn and the Targaerian boy moved so slowly. I actually think that they might have just 1 season based on the books, then overtake them. I mean, Stannis is at the wall now, right? He stays there for ages and ages doing feck all in the books. Dany, Tyrion...these folk all do hee haw from now on.

This season he was just kinda there all the time, along for the ride. Wasn't really as important as last season. Bit of an unnecessary character now as far as I could see, so he was as well to do one.