Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

It's a good read. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who isn't a regular reader though. Its a long slugfest reading them back to back. Worth it if you enjoy your reading!

Having read them all, I don't really mind what the TV show does. I will enjoy them both either way.

It's a good read. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who isn't a regular reader though. Its a long slugfest reading them back to back. Worth it if you enjoy your reading!

Having read them all, I don't really mind what the TV show does. I will enjoy them both either way.

Yay! Free rein! I'm off to the pub.

I've enjoyed reading the books, got them all at the end of April and I am on the last book now. Found them pretty engrossing, Martin does have a habit of over describing things and some of the chapters are nothing but filler but I've enjoyed none the less.

Feast for crows as the weakest book by far but has picked up again in Dance with Dragons be interesting to see just how close the show sticks to the books now as I suspect they'll only get another season or season half out the books and Martin seems in no rush to finish the next book.

I think Feast for Crows and the first half of DWD are both pretty boring - a bit of a slog really. The second half of DWD picks right back up again though, and the story is really well set up for the last two books.

My girlfriends' brother claims that they spend page after page doing things like describing a table. He could be winding me up, but I ain't got time for that kinda malarkey. I've read a grand total of 3 books in the last 5 years.

Having managed half of A Game of Thrones so far he's definitely winding you up. Some thing he does describe in too much detail but it's not as bad as made out. I actually found some of it poorly written in some places however.

Edited by FraserHFC

Any examples?

Not any exactly from the book but I can explain what I mean. It's going back to the detail he gives on certain situations. I find sometimes when he's describing something he uses and quite a lot.

For example, the night was dark and *something* and *something* and *something*

Don't get me wrong, so far it's been a very good read despite knowing the major plot points already but sometimes it does seem like he's gotten a bit bored when writing it.

A very minor complaint.

There's clearly going to be more than two books, he'll have to get a ghost writer in after his inevitable massive coronary.

Perhaps he could be the ghost writer after his inevitable massive coronary.

ETA: Whilst I'm here, does anyone else think the Ironborn are one shower of boring c***s?

Edited by Confidemus

Perhaps he could be the ghost writer after his inevitable massive coronary.

ETA: Whilst I'm here, does anyone else think the Ironborn are one shower of boring c***s?

Oh aye, the less said about them the better.

Just caught up on the last few episodes of season four. Loved it. Not sure how I'll get through the next nine months waiting for season five.

I agree. You know they've got nothing much going for them, when the most exciting thing one of them does is finger his own sister.

Meh, I like the Ironborn.

Victarion and Euron are quality.

Yeah, they're good characters. Surrounded by a bunch of utter bores.

Victarion takes a while before he goes off to do something interesting, rather than just sitting seething at Euron.

Interesting Theory

No spoilers or anything in there.

I don't have sound on my work computer, so will have a gander at the video later.

That's a very popular book theory. Seems very plausible but tbh I think it's too obvious now for GRRM to go with. Too many readers don't just believe it but actually expect it to be revealed