Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I miss Game of Thrones. Going to watch it right through again, for about the fifth time. Hands down my favourite tv programme of all time, with the final 2 episodes of season 6 easily being the finest 2 hours of television ever made.

4 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I miss Game of Thrones. Going to watch it right through again, for about the fifth time. Hands down my favourite tv programme of all time, with the final 2 episodes of season 6 easily being the finest 2 hours of television ever made.

You've never caught Naked Attraction then? :lol:

Just remembered that Daenerys considered Robb Stark a ‘usurper’, so I think she’ll look upon Jon Snow (Sand) being King In The North with disdain. I think Jon Snow and The North will want to stay out of business down in King’s Landing and just stick to The North and getting ready for ‘The Wars To Come’ (i.e. the Night’s King and his army). Hopefully mad shagger Sam will find something in the library to help. Jon Snow might even a load of men North to The Wall to help defend it.

I doubt Daenerys and her army will have much trouble taking King’s Landing, especially if the Lannister army is going to be involved in a war against Dorne and House Tyrell (who, with the help of Lady Olenna, will surely align with Dorne given the scene we saw when she met with the Sand Snakes) or defending against a siege. As some have said, it might even come down to Jaime killing Cersei like he did the Mad King when he sees what she’ll do to try and win, or even as dying revenge. I think Daenerys will be ready to execute him only for Tyrion to save him. Perhaps this will even result in the Lannister army pledging themselves to Daenerys, swelling her ranks further still. The Euron Ironborn will try and play silly buggers but will be roundly battered, resulting in Euron’s death and Yara will become Queen.

I think Daenerys will then look North and one of two things will happen. Either she’ll somehow learn of Jon’s true lineage and listen to his pleas that they unite against the coming Winter, or she will take her armies North and ignore Jon’s pleas about them uniting. Both armies will be lined up on the battle field ready to go at it when the armies of Winter make an appearance, and the Targaryean and North armies will then unite to fight them off.

Hopefully then Bronn becomes King, Sam his maester, Davos his hand and Missandei his Queen. Tormund can be King in the North with Brienne as his wife and Edd as his hand.

Don't know why you keep saying he'd be Jon Sand. The b*****d surname comes from where they were raised. He's Jon Snow regardless.

It's not where he was born or conceived (why would Ned pretend Jon was conceived in the North when Ned himself was in Dorne and various other Kingdoms anyway) and if it was by any other means it would at least be by where his Father's house was from so he'd be Jon Storm. But he's not. In every which way, he's Jon Snow (for now). 

Don't know why you keep saying he'd be Jon Sand. The b*****d surname comes from where they were raised. He's Jon Snow regardless.

It's not where he was born or conceived (why would Ned pretend Jon was conceived in the North when Ned himself was in Dorne and various other Kingdoms anyway) and if it was by any other means it would at least be by where his Father's house was from so he'd be Jon Storm. But he's not. In every which way, he's Jon Snow (for now). 

Looking at the GoT wilki.
To get a name(snow,sand ect) one parent has to be of noble blood. The name is then in relation to the kingdom that the child is born (so more often than not takes the name from the mother's Kingdom) so Snow is the closest name for Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Started watching it again and I'm about half way through season 2.

People called me a book w****r when I said the quality had dropped through season 5/6 or so but it definitely did - this first season and a half has been incredible and I'm already aware of all the spoilers.

I didn't fully appreciate it at first but I firmly believe Littlefinger will end up on the Iron Throne at the end. Everything about his character makes sense without being obvious which was kinda GRRM's speciality.

Read elsewhere that Euron Greyjoy has some sort of mad horn (or similar) that can control a dragon. Makes sense, otherwise he's a pretty pointless character given that he and his followers would be utterly smashed by Daenerys and her lot.

Right, so where is Daenerys going to land with her army? Dorne seems like the obvious choice given that Varys was there before he teleported back to Mereen. And having just looked at the map, would be the easiest journey for them. That map is pretty sweet actually as it really gives you an idea of how far away places are in relation to each other and the journeys some characters have made.

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Reveal hidden contents

Read elsewhere that Euron Greyjoy has some sort of mad horn (or similar) that can control a dragon. Makes sense, otherwise he's a pretty pointless character given that he and his followers would be utterly smashed by Daenerys and her lot.

Right, so where is Daenerys going to land with her army? Dorne seems like the obvious choice given that Varys was there before he teleported back to Mereen. And having just looked at the map, would be the easiest journey for them. That map is pretty sweet actually as it really gives you an idea of how far away places are in relation to each other and the journeys some characters have made.

Spoiler

That's right.  He's got a horn (fnarr) called "Dragonbinder" that he claims he brought back from Valyaria.  Dany also mentions something in the books about the Targaryens controlling their Dragons with magical horns.

*****BOOK SPOILERS***** if there is such a thing anymore.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Jon Sand had better hurry up and get all those bodies from the battle of Winterfell burned.

In a related point, what happened to the corpses of Stannis' army? They might need burned as well or else the Night's King will have more meat for his huge army.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Jon Sand had better hurry up and get all those bodies from the battle of Winterfell burned.

In a related point, what happened to the corpses of Stannis' army? They might need burned as well or else the Night's King will have more meat for his huge army.

The bodies only come back as Wights north of The Wall.

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

The bodies only come back as Wights north of The Wall.

No they don't - it's the Night King who resurrects them - which is what makes his army so formidable: the more battles you fight them, the bigger they get if you don't have dragon glass or fire to ensure he can't Sevco every single corpse into a new recruit.

1 minute ago, WaffenThinMint said:

No they don't - it's the Night King who resurrects them - which is what makes his army so formidable: the more battles you fight them, the bigger they get if you don't have dragon glass or fire to ensure he can't Sevco every single corpse into a new recruit.

It's anybody who falls against the Others. The NK doesn't resurrect every corpse personally.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Huh. Never realised that. How come?

It's been happening there because folks are killed by the Others. The bodies of Stannis's and Ramsey's men etc won't resurrect as they weren't killed by the Others/Wights.

Edited by The Saintee

On 25/08/2016 at 06:38, BradHorse said:

Started watching it again and I'm about half way through season 2.

People called me a book w****r when I said the quality had dropped through season 5/6 or so but it definitely did - this first season and a half has been incredible and I'm already aware of all the spoilers.

I didn't fully appreciate it at first but I firmly believe Littlefinger will end up on the Iron Throne at the end. Everything about his character makes sense without being obvious which was kinda GRRM's speciality.

I've got the feeling Littlefingers going to get in too deep with too many people. His obsession with Sansa is likely to be his main downfall, as he seems to take his eye off the ball a wee bit with her.