Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

32 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Sansa is brilliant now. So cold and calculating. Even managing to put Littlefinger in his place. That girl could go far.

Indeed. She's probably my favourite character now, after years of being apathetic to her. She absolutely schooled Jon in both scenes. A proper leader.

Sophie Turner knows the character inside out and is by far the most improved actor on the show.

Edited by Kyle

The preview for next week seems to feature a long lost 'character' who hasn't been seen since the second ever episode of GoT. Massively hyped as its something I hope happens in the books too.

Edited by Kyle

33 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Probably my favourite scene thinking back was the Hound's. He might be moving along a more righteous path now but can he escape his own past cruelties?

Let's hope they don't do that with him, I like him exactly the way he is now. Nearly everything he says is absolute gold. Some cracking quotes last night as well.

8 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Let's hope they don't do that with him, I like him exactly the way he is now. Nearly everything he says is absolute gold. Some cracking quotes last night as well.

The Hound has always had a softer side to his character - I think that's all we saw being demonstrated last night. I think that was the man and daughter than Arya said not to kill when they were travelling together a few seasons ago? I really liked the Hound's scenes in that episode.

The Lord of Light seems to be showing the hound things that no one else is getting to see. I suppose that might be linked to his experiences with fire as a child?

On a different note, Sam has gone from a complete coward to probably the most important person in Westeros. I think it's clear he'll find something extremely important in that restricted section of the library. He was a bit like a fat, male version of Hermione asking Professor Slughorn if he can access books from the restricted section of the Hogwarts Library - that's immediately what sprang to my mind anyway! :lol: 

Edited by Kyle

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm raging at that, should have been a huge surprise for viewers and it's given away?!

It's been obvious for ages she would be coming back.

I didn't really enjoy the comedy in The Hound's character last night. I know there has always been a bit of light relief with some of his one liners, and there have been some belters over the years. I just thought it was a bit OTT this time. Maybe it was just because a pretty serious episode it looked worse than it normally would have done.

I also wasn't that impressed that Sam found out about the dragon glass minutes after opening his second book or something. I know the pace seems to have quickened, but even Varys would struggle with that kind of speed.