Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Great episode and very well done. Even the bits they're changing from the books aren't annoying me just as much.

If you haven't read the books DO NOT click this spoiler

This annoyed me in the books, but after she gets her army of Unsullied, you expect her to be hightailing it to Westeros sharpish, but she spends the next 2 books fucking about over there in various different places. I think a lot of folk might get a bit bored with that. I realise a lot of that is to do with waiting till the dragons are big enough to give her an advantage, but again, it's not till the end of A Dance with Dragons that she even gets on one of them

I haven't read the books, but I'm also blessed with the memory span of a goldfish, so read it anyway!

Yes! Fucking knew she'd be able to understand what the slaver was saying. Pretty obvious I suppose but still very well done. Hope she goes and smashes all those fuckers that did her wrong. Will be very interesting what happens if she runs in the Khalesar.

Glad Crastor got burst. He was a c**t. Gutted for Lord Mormont getting his totties though. The Night's Watch civil war is going to be interesting, especially since next week it looks like Mance Rader's lot will be attacking The Wall.

Never realised that Thonos is a red priest like Melissandre.

Wizard In A Box will surely be this years must have Christmas present.

Edited by DA Baracus

Obviously the scene which stands out is Dany - and it was superbly done - but the rest of the episode was excellent too. It's been said before but Charles Dance is just fucking perfect as Tywin, every scene is gold.Perfect portrayal of his emotions towards his children throughout the series so far. Diana Rigg is tremendous too. The Jaime/Brienne storyline is developing nicely and the torment of Theon is being done superbly.

Again I know it's a bore to complain about things being changed from the book when it comes to a TV programme but with the Night's Watch I did feel they should have kept one thing in.

Mormont saying his last words to Sam was great in the book and it's shame they couldn't fit it in.

It was still a good scene though.

This may be a bit of a stupid question and I get that this is the whole point of the show/book but.... who is the rightful king? Do we know yet or meant to know who the rightful king/queen is meant to be?

To my mind, Daenerys has the best claim. Up to the viewer who they back, i suppose.

This may be a bit of a stupid question and I get that this is the whole point of the show/book but.... who is the rightful king? Do we know yet or meant to know who the rightful king/queen is meant to be?

Stannis imo. Robert gained the throne from Dany's ancestors by conquest, Joffrey is not his son and Gendry is illegitimate, so his oldest brother Stannis is next in line.

However the very fact that you can gain the throne through conquest shows that a legitimate claim means very little aside from gaining support - there is no 'Divine Right of Kings' (just like in real-life with the Wars of the Roses or The Glorious Revolution/Jacobitism).

Also, Ygritte's arse was marvellous.

Edited by The OP

I don't know if its been mentioned, but Ygritte's arse was tremendous.

Absolutely loving this season so far. So much manoeuvring of pieces on the board, but its never once lost my interest with its jumping from place to place, never spending as long with characters a I'd like, but at the same time giving me enough that I'm gagging for the next episode.

I am loving the series, as I guess everyone else who has watched it from the start has. Will this series have kept any new viewers? I doubt it. Impossible to follow if you don't know the characters from the off.

I was watching old Cracker episodes last week, Fitz's brother is Blackfish. I knew I remember him from some other show.

I have a Ygritte as a screensaver at work, much to the bemusement of others. She does have a cracking wee arse.