Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Although I've started reading the books again (just started A Clash of Kings), I'm still suffering from the effects of this week off pish with the TV programme. To deal with my withdrawal symptoms I've been listening to some of the songs which have been recorded on the back of the books/show. There's some pretty good stuff out there, but I can't get past the brilliance of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25KABvPbq-U

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by Dunning1874

Just watched this week's as well. No patience, me...

Wellboy calls it 100% right. OK, I've not read the books, but I like to think I've been keeping up.

I did NOT expect that lot!

Season finale is going to have to go some to top that....

Jesus Christ. :lol:

I seen people on Twitter noting that there feed had been people saying that they were about to watch GoT and then an hour later they'd be breaking down and I was like "nah, it can't be that good". Well, I was added to that list.

Edited by DomDom

I'm still reeling, and I finished watching more than two hours ago. Never felt like that watching a TV show before. Especially when there's that last glimmer of hope they give right at the end, only to take it away. I feel like going and avenging the Starks myself.

I don't want to give anything away but for me that was the biggest episode to date.

Wouldn't say it was the biggest (the King's Landing siege last season was perhaps bigger), & in a way you could see it coming considering that muppet's HR skills were worthy of a Scotland manager, but arguably the most important in terms of what's to follow hereafter.

Plenty more hell still to break loose though which I'm assuming they're saving for the final episode of this series next week.

Quick question.

If the Starks were under the guest protection as well, does that mean that Walder Frey has fucked with the guest right in the same way that the men of the wall did at Crastor's Keep?

I need to watch that again. My head is reeling.

Quick question.

If the Starks were under the guest protection as well, does that mean that Walder Frey has fucked with the guest right in the same way that the men of the wall did at Crastor's Keep?

Aye.

Lovely wee Jurassic Park homage in that episode too.

vlcsnap-2011-12-05-07h04m18s145_528_post

SHOOT HER! SHOOOOOOT HER!

Quick question.

Yes, although arguably the law of guest right is far, far more important among noble families south of the wall.

Obviously I knew this was coming. I remember reading it for the first time. I had to read it all twice because I just couldn't comprehend the magnitude and brutality of what was happening. It was just as powerful watching it. My heart was racing leading up to it and when the band started playing 'Rains of Castamere' it was pretty horrific knowing what was going to happen. I thought they caught the savagery of it brilliantly. Stabbing Talisa in the belly was particulalry brutal and the glee that Walder Frey and Roose Bolton seemed to take in torturing and taunting Robb and Catelyn was pretty horrible to see. Very well written and acted.

I don't think I've ever felt the desire to see revenge taken on fictional characters as much as I want to see it taken on the Freys and Boltons.

Edited by Gordon EF