Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

5 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Couldn’t care less about CLEGANEBOWL, so that was a big load of nothing. I’m sure “I’ve been looking for revenge all my life” (or whatever the hound said) was something they retconned in S7, before that he was just all “f**k this” and wandering around aimlessly. He should’ve gone off on his own after S4, he didn’t need a nice neat conclusion. They both worked and lived around each other in KL for god knows how many years up until midway through S1, so he DID have any amount of opportunities he wanted to take his “revenge”.

Nah, disagree. His character development from the first season until last night was pretty decent and did a good job of explaining it all, and explaining why he didn't try to kill his brother in series 1.

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

That's what happens when the network decides to throw the show off the air and have the last season shortened.

No chance HBO cut the show short. The actors and showrunners would have wanted to move on to other things. If they were so keen for it to end why would HBO immediately start trying to make spin-offs.

That's what happens when the network decides to throw the show off the air and have the last season shortened.
HBO wanted to give them the money to make to make seasons 7 & 8 10 episodes, and for a season 9. It was the showrunners decision to wrap it up the way they have

You can't keep shows on the air too long when they become that popular. You end up like 'Friends' where it goes a little too long and you have to pay the stars $1 million per episode.
Have you seen how much that show still makes every year, a mil a episode was cheap. Netlfix just paid so something like a hundred mil to show it for a year.

I don't have a problem with Dany getting a bit torchy with KL.  They've been signposting it for long enough, but the jump from the last episode of "I'm a bit sad my pal died and angry that my nephew won't pump me" to slaughtering half the city was far too quick.

Cleganebowl was a huge anticlimax as well and just seemed shoehorned in because, f**k we're running out of time.

Jaime and Cersei I didn't have a problem with, other than the rushed element of it, because he's said right from day one, that he'll do anything for her and always go back to her.  I'm just a bit pissed off that they've give Lena Hedley so little to do this season other than stand about looking out windows.

I've been ok with the rushed feeling this season so far, but last night was just rushed to the point of being funny with them trying to tie things up.  I thought it was really poor.

Seen someone moaning that Cersei wasn’t killed by her brother as prophesied.

You could say she was, as Tyrion arranged Jamie’s escape, and told him where to go. Jamie and Cersei were just too late.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Seen someone moaning that Cersei wasn’t killed by her brother as prophesied.

You could say she was, as Tyrion arranged Jamie’s escape, and told him where to go. Jamie and Cersei were just too late.

Was that prophesy ever even mentioned in the show? I thought it cut away in the young Cercei flashback without saying it?

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Was that prophesy ever even mentioned in the show? I thought it cut away in the young Cercei flashback without saying it?

No, it wasn't.

39 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Never mind them, my wee boy Dragon Armour Ranter is gonna be fucking raging when he grows up.

Just lie to him, or cut in a scene you made yourself.

9 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I may have made a mistake naming my daughter Hot Pie.

So, so many mistakes...