Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

Keep in mimd that all his appearences for Inter came at 19 years old or younger, the majority would have been off the sub bench and not playing as a central striker. It is a very, very good record.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mimd that all his appearences for Inter came at 19 years old or younger, the majority would have been off the sub bench and not playing as a central striker. It is a very, very good record.

I think it was actually a (slim) minority that were off the bench but the point stands. He scored 9 league goals in 1388 league minutes last season. That's actually a very good record for a striker in a league that traditionally doesn't begin players until they're at least 22.

I think you'll find he did. Van Persie was sent-off a fair few times in his early Arsenal career for being a tempermental little sod. Pretty sure there was one against Southampton that sticks in the mind.

Ye ken somethin'... yer right!!! I stand corrected. I forgot about the "St Mary's Incident" involving RVP falling over his boot lace. Anyway, according to my mate who lives in Manchester, the buzz around the City of Manchester Stadium and the Carrington training facility is that Mancini wants shot of Balotelli in the next transfer window. Uncomfirmed gossip, of course, but then again that is the best gossip.

Looking forward to my trip to London for the FA Cup semi final on the 16th April at Wembley.

Manchester City V Scumchester Utd. Does it get any better than this? Here's hoping that we beat that lot from the Swamp and get to the final itself. Fancy an all City final in May, so it will be us, Man City versus Stoke City.

And if we win the FA Cup, I will take great delight watching those knuckle dragging mouth breathing troglodytes who sit in the Stretford End of the Swamp in having to remove THAT banner. You know, the one that is currently sitting on 35 years, emphasising the last time Man City won a major trophy, which was the League Cup in 1976. I can only wait patiently.

Blue Moon... :D

I used the term 4 seasons as a professional footballer as that is in fact, the length his career has spanned so far.....I thought that was patently obvious. :blink:

On MOTD tonight, I heard two separate commentators on two separate occasions say that Steven Reid hasd't scored a Premier league goal in 5 years until today then Di Santo hasn't found the net in 18 months. So your claim that everyone 'and you really do mean everyone' uses appearances and goals when discussing strikers (yes, Reid is an attacking midfielder), is absolute bollocks and based on your opinion, and not fact. Considering two individuals used a different means to describe two different goal droughts in the space of one little 90 minute programme. Or would you say that they too are manipulating the stats to their advantage to fuel whatever imaginary pre-meditated agenda they also may have?

Well I know how it was constructed, but it still doesn't make it valid.

Both have considerable limitations, but are still far more common than 'x years as a professional footballer', to reirterate a previous question - has anyone ever used this, but you?

No, they were lazy. Appearances and goals is the most valid measure, the other two are clearly limited.

You are a nutter though, Supras. I don't know or give a shit about you personally and you the same with me, yet you have the gall to claim I have some kind of agenda against a footballer that you have no idea about my opinion of. For all you know I could be Mario Balotelli's biggest fan. I'm a fan of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, always have been, yet only last week you used the same argument of 'agendas' against me when I had the nerve to say that he isn't generally a hard-working player and he was shite against Spurs, despite you having no idea of my personal thoughts or feelings about him.

And you are basing this on my posts on an internet forum? It's so clear you have put 'are' in bold laugh.gif

Well, there was two possibilites:

1) You have an agenda.

2) You are the type of person who uses (creates?) a means of measuring goals using years as a professional footballer.

The second one is eminently ridiculous, so it was the logical choice.

Again, you are totally misrepresneting that debate. Some poster had claimed that Ibrahimovic never moved if they ball wasn't within a few yards of him. That was clearly bullshit, and I used the comparison with Berbatov to rubbish that claim. Sure, he doesn't chase full backs like Tevez, and has quite a languid style of play but he is not 'lazy', not noticeably more than most other top forwards. He was certainly not shite in the second leg.

Personal thoughts or feelings? I assumed you had none, I certainly don't have any laugh.gif.

He's some fuckwit footballer I have never met and don't particularly want to meet.

Oh aye, and it's a straitjacket. Ya loonball. ;)

You've had plenty of time to read the tag dry.gif

supras aside balotelli is very promising.

his goal ratio is superb.

there are plenty of examples of other players who were considered to have poor discipline who went onto have great careers.

in my opinion anyone who bets against him improving and becoming a top player as he gets older is ignorant. the guy is technically ideal, he'll eventually grow up.

Aside? What does it have to do with me.

There is always a nagging doubt if he ends up with some fuckwit manager like Redknapp who can't handle him, he rebels, and ends up in Turkey or something - much like Anelka. Which would be a shame, all football fans want to see someone with his talent make it.

He certainly has more to his game than the likes of Anelka or Robinho, in my opinion.

Well I know how it was constructed, but it still doesn't make it valid.

Both have considerable limitations, but are still far more common than 'x years as a professional footballer', to reirterate a previous question - has anyone ever used this, but you?

No, they were lazy. Appearances and goals is the most valid measure, the other two are clearly limited.

Actually minutes and goals is better still, because someone can make 30 apps, 25 of which are from the bench.

A full column showing minutes, starts, bench appearances etc. is even better yet but obviously in commentary etc. you can't read out a whole ream of stats during a game.

Actually minutes and goals is better still, because someone can make 30 apps, 25 of which are from the bench.

A full column showing minutes, starts, bench appearances etc. is even better yet but obviously in commentary etc. you can't read out a whole ream of stats during a game.

It is, and it is what I used initially.

Far harder to calculate though, I pretty much just got it from another article.

Most people don't have the time or inclination to calculate it, so unless another source states it explicitly appearances is more than adequate for the purposes of an internet discussion.

Which would be a shame, all football fans want to see someone with his talent make it.

I'm not going to get into the whole debate as it's tiresome but I couldn't give a toss if he makes it or not. I wouldn't blink an eye lid either way.

From the bits ive seen of him I think he looks a cracking player but is just a bit thick.

I'm not going to get into the whole debate as it's tiresome but I couldn't give a toss if he makes it or not. I wouldn't blink an eye lid either way.

From the bits ive seen of him I think he looks a cracking player but is just a bit thick.

How can it possibly be tiresome? If you don't want to read it you just stop laugh.gif

Reading the bible would likely be tiresome, which is why I don't do it.

I like to see talented players have an impact on the game, I was quite disappointed Ronaldo had so many injuries. And I would pretty disappointed if Messi or Iniesta suffered a serious injury, they are great players to watch.

Well, they would be wrong to do so. They each have a responsibility to contribute to the tie, why did they so poorly in the first leg?

Balotelli has been a good signing for City so far, there is absolutely no doubt about it. He will still get regular games this season, Mancini still rates him very highly and even said after the game he can become a fantastic player. If he keeps scoring goals his manager, fellow players and club will back him.

I highly doubt that, he is just too good. If Man City want to become a great football team they need more Balotellis and less Milners.

That is a ridiculous statement, what is he some kind of boogeyman? He has a record of a goal every 113 minutes, he has already contributed to them gaining points this season. He scored a great goal recently in a single goal win. He is one of the inspirations within the squad, he can turn a game with one moment of genuis and he has done so already this season, and they need him even more now Tevezs' goal have dried up and Dzeko continues to adapt.

And the rest of the post is just conjecture, City were shit in the first leg and always looked like going out.

Yellow cards do not really matter, I have discussed this in more depth elsewhere.

One incident does not 'prove' you are a liability.

Zidane was prone to the odd loss of discipline throughout his career, he did alright.

baby-crying.jpg

Just shows you what a complete tool the man boy is. Joey Barton was hung drawn and quarted for an incident with a youth team player, the same should be done to this clown and send him back home once a buyer is found in the summer.

What do you mean by this?

Nobody knows the details of the incident but throwing a dart at anyone is deplorable. The BBC article does seem to be displaying some bias though, they say he has had a stop start time and has only played 12 Premier League games but why not mention his terrific scoring record?

The knives are out for him, just like they were for Drogba and Ronaldo at the start of their careers in England.

And they won't get rid of Balotelli, he is about 20 times the footballer Barton has ever been.

I am pretty sure the stop start phrase relates to the fact that whilst he has shown some great pieces of skill and chipped in with a few goals he has also been a bit of a knobber at the same time having been petulantly sent off against Kiev and now it's revealed he threw a dart at a youth player.

What do you mean by this?

Nobody knows the details of the incident but throwing a dart at anyone is deplorable. The BBC article does seem to be displaying some bias though, they say he has had a stop start time and has only played 12 Premier League games but why not mention his terrific scoring record?

The knives are out for him, just like they were for Drogba and Ronaldo at the start of their careers in England.

And they won't get rid of Balotelli, he is about 20 times the footballer Barton has ever been.

I mean they want to snatch the hand off anybody that wants him in the summer.

The article displays bias :lol:

The article is about him throwing a f**king dart at a youth player not about his scoring record, he has had a stop start time with injuries and suspensions and i'm pretty sure that neither Drogba or Ronaldo have thrown darts at youth players during any period of their career.

Archived