Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

The worst thing about this is that it's a polis giving himself a big pat on the back. At least nurses seem to wait for others to declare them saints and when they do it's normally slightly more justified!

You obviously don't have any nurses on Facebook, then. <_<

It's a job that doesn't attract saints mate. And can you evidence that? I'm not saying every day you risk your life but it is a dangerous job!

Well re your first sentence - that's kinda my point. It's not an easy job and they're not all bad but that facebook post was vomit-inducingly hagiographic.

On the 2nd bit I said 'in my experience' so obviously it's not backed up by statistical evidence or anything like that - just general experience of going out in Glasgow and going to the football has shown me that they tend to throw their weight around with people who don't pose any real threat but often decide not to deal with intimidating groups who are committing crimes at all.

Lot of seeth today towards The Digger for this

https://www.facebook.com/DiggerScotland?fref=ts

1467270_569723229767243_596717972_n.jpg

Bloody hands? In our report on the Clutha helicopter crash we ask if the emergency services gave up hope too soon

example

Harry Bellafonte ya fuckn disrespectful b*****ds ,glasgows emergencey services did all they could for the victims of the clutha pub,and all you b*****ds kin think eh is the emergency services not doing enough ya fuckn clowns,yer facebook page will be closed doon ya fuckn idiots

Are you having a laugh?i joined in 2009 at 22 meant to retire at 55 with a pension of 20k and a lump sum of about 120k I'm now gonna be 60 at the least n getting about 15k pa and 25k lump, considering how shifts take their toll on your life expectancy I'd stand by the statement my pension has been decimated and is a bit shit!

£15k a year +state pension +£25k lump sum at 60 is a lot more than most people will get. I appreciate why you're pissed off though, bet you're getting a lot of condolence from elderly colleagues.. ^_^

P.S. If you only started in 2009 there will be a few more reviews of police pensions before you retire, probably at the age of 80.

Edited by welshbairn

Plus they are continuing to wind people up

• Darren Cox The first rule of any recovery operation is to ensure that the scene is safe. If the emergency services rush in and there is further incident the entire situation becomes much much worse. What if they had gone in and there was a gas or fuel explosion? Is that what you think should have happened? The emergency services should have risked their own lives? Absolutely no way should they do that. I feel for the families of the victims, I really do. And lets just remember, we don't know the hard facts on what happened to those who died. I would be surprised if those who perished didn't die instantly. It is hard for the families knowing their loved ones were stuck in there for a period of time, but they also need to remember that this was so no one else came to harm. The emergency services did an excellent job.

Anyone criticising the emergency services for their actions at the Clutha need their head checked tbf. Grieving or not, they were first class and if they could have done anything quicker, they would have.

Harry Bellafonte ya fuckn disrespectful b*****ds ,glasgows emergencey services did all they could for the victims of the clutha pub,and all you b*****ds kin think eh is the emergency services not doing enough ya fuckn clowns,yer facebook page will be closed doon ya fuckn idiots

Quite surprised he has an opininon on this tbh.

Harry+Belafonte.jpg

Anyone criticising the emergency services for their actions at the Clutha need their head checked tbf. Grieving or not, they were first class and if they could have done anything quicker, they would have.

FWIW - I've since spoken to two people who were told in confidence early on the Saturday morning that there were 8 fatalities involved so it would appear that the emergency services had a much clearer picture of what they were dealing with than they were letting on in the media (and quite right to IMO)

Statements from the likes of Salmond that we should expect more casualties make me believe that he was privvy to that information as well.

I guess they were also fairly certain that anyone under the rubble at that stage had already perished - this is pure speculation on my part but they do of course have access to heat sensitive cameras and the like !

Seems it was pretty much a recovery exercise from the off !

Edited by Ned Nederlander