Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Unfortunately he has now deleted his profile due to the embarrassment, but last night a guy posted a status about the ice bucket stuff, with a perfectly civil conversation ensuing in the comments involving many of his mates and also his dad. Now like most parents on facebook, he should really be nowhere fucking near it as evidenced when, not having grasped the distinction between public comments on someone's wall and private message, he publicly asked his son how old one of his female mates was.

The female replied herself, followed by an absolutely cringeworthy discussion as the dad tried to chat her up for everyone to see. Realising the error of his ways as the hordes descended to mercilessly rip the pish, there was then an attempt to backtrack which made things a million times worse: he claimed he was actually trying to chat her up on his son's behalf. After even more hilarity in response to that, the son deleted his facebook profile and has probably died through embarrassment by now.

I should point out that everyone involved is an adult so it's not Yewtree material or anything but fucks sake, it may have been the most cringeworthy thing I've read in my life. This is why no one should ever be friends with their parents on facebook.

It's possible to donate to charity without being an attention seeking moron, or so I'm told.

Charity is a pain in the arse.

The worst charity types are those who dress up a holiday as making money for charity, e.g. trekking to Machu Pichu or Everest base camp. These c***s should be strung up.

Just waiting for someone to post the funniest joke from this year's Fringe, passing it off as their own.

While I wait this to happen, the arseholes from both sides who have long since emigrated to sunnier climes - telling me how to vote in the referendum. As if the lack of sunshine and warmth addles my brain, leaving me unable to make rational decisions for themselves.

Also, the wallopers who rail against Facebook, because they accidentally clicked on a horrible video with some dog getting tortured that someone had posted. That's like sitting in a pub with your mate, then blaming the pub whenever one of your friends pulls out racist banter.

I'm going to hazard a guess at it being the one about a hoover, as I've seen it twice, word-for-word by two unrelated people already.

Bingo. Tis actually a good joke, but just coming out with it without crediting its source seems a bit lame!

I'm going to hazard a guess at it being the one about a hoover, as I've seen it twice, word-for-word by two unrelated people already.

It is. Don't think I'll bother my arse ever going to the festival if they're judging that to be the best joke.

Modem? MODEM??? Is it a 56K modem that you plug into your curly phone line whilst typing documents in Wordperfect?

People say "Router" these days...

:P

Anyway, I just wanted to moan about these bloody "100 Happy Days" and "5 good things today" posts that the young mummies on my timeline seem to enjoy sharing.

They really should be called "I'm crying on the inside. Here's some stuff I did today that prevented me from taking my own life".

I enjoyed your work so i shared it. Funnily enough mostly mummies enjoying your comments

post-21687-0-93128800-1408466396_thumb.j

It's weird - a mutual friend posted a picture of himself with Billy Connolly a couple of weeks ago and said the Big Yin managed to force a polite laugh at the hoover joke - and that's the best joke at this year's Fringe?

If Billy Connolly doesn't burst out laughing and say 'Brilliant' you know your joke is jobbies. Plus it can't even be original if some random c**t was using it a few weeks ago.

Edited by The OP

He has now reactivated his account and appears to be laughing along with the rest of us. Whether this is because he's murdered his father remains to be seen.

I wonder if his dad got his hole

While I wait this to happen, the arseholes from both sides who have long since emigrated to sunnier climes - telling me how to vote in the referendum. As if the lack of sunshine and warmth addles my brain, leaving me unable to make rational decisions for themselves.

Also, the wallopers who rail against Facebook, because they accidentally clicked on a horrible video with some dog getting tortured that someone had posted. That's like sitting in a pub with your mate, then blaming the pub whenever one of your friends pulls out racist banter.

"If I was still at home I'd vote no because the UK is brilliant!". Posted from Oz, NZ, US or Timbuk-fking-tu. :rolleyes:

"One of my clients told me I'm better off being single because I'm far to pretty and interesting for any man!!! Lol wee gem."

This just in: naw ye urnae.

Clients? Are you Facebook friends with a hooker?

This lassie I know is a hairdresser who calls her customers 'clients'. Fucking wind up, they're customers hen.

Edit - The guy RATM mentions is at friendzone level 100 IMO.

Edited by TheScarf