Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

A thoughtful rebuke of Barack Obama, shared almost 25,000 times from a page simply named: "PROUD TO HAVE SERVED IN THE BRITISH ARMY".

attachicon.giffb11.jpg

I've said before that I've 'liked' a fair few sites like that in order to keep up to date with certain topics, find some old mates and because of the old photos that pop up but the amount of shite like the above that crops up is absolutely astounding.

On top of that there's a fair few who genuinely believe that signing up makes them something special, I'm not trying to discredit those who've been in genuine danger, I'm talking about folk like myself who spent 14 years getting absolutely shit-faced.

I've said before that I've 'liked' a fair few sites like that in order to keep up to date with certain topics, find some old mates and because of the old photos that pop up but the amount of shite like the above that crops up is absolutely astounding.

On top of that there's a fair few who genuinely believe that signing up makes them something special, I'm not trying to discredit those who've been in genuine danger, I'm talking about folk like myself who spent 14 years getting absolutely shit-faced.

To be honest, I'd wager that the vast majority of people who shared that image from the aforementioned page - such as the person who caused it to appear on my News Feed - will never even have come close to serving. Some morons on social media, especially Facebook, for reasons unknown to me, just seem to take great pride in attaching themselves to the most controversial and outlandish opinions going. A desperate cry for attention, I suppose. 

Not to mention it's incredibly doubtful the nazis would have imposed their language on us had they won the war

A puppet government would have been installed, and we'd have kept English as a first language. I often wonder though, if German might have been the common language in the way English is today though.

A puppet government would have been installed, and we'd have kept English as a first language. I often wonder though, if German might have been the common language in the way English is today though.

I think the "damage" was already done in terms of English being the main lingua franca thanks to the British Empire of earlier centuries.

"Was heading into the shops yesterday and saw a homeless guy outside. He looked freezing so I gave him all my money instead of buying clothes for myself because it's great to do things for people less fortunate than yourself. It shows you how materialistic it society has become so I was glad to do my bit. Now please comment on this telling me how good a person I am because that's the only reason I'm telling you this (fake) story"

Edited by energyzone