Modern Family

Swarley

The show was on fire for the first half of the season with stuff like Philo's-ophy being one of the funniest things I've seen on TV but it did go a little down hill in the second half, just about the time that Gloria had her baby really, I'm unconvinced that it's been a good move for the show to be honest.

Dunno about you but I always feel that making one of the characters have a baby is a sign of desperation from any TV show writer. They've run out of ideas so they've gone down the tried and tested "give someone a baby" route to open up more storylines.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Geek Town are saying 25th of October (TBC)

It had started on Sky One by this time last year, no idea why they are waiting 4 weeks longer this year.

Edited by Rossco1893

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just started watching this less than a week ago and I'm already halfway through season 2. This is probably one of the funniest things I've watched recently and I find it very hard to turn off, so I've been heavily binge watching :lol:

As someone previously mentioned - and shared the video - my favourite scene was probably Cam saying 'I just wanna dance in the ballet' it was so unexpected and just wow :lol:

I was gonna go to sleep, but I need to watch my ELEVENTH episode TODAY (yesterday technically as it's 0:36am now :P)

• 1 month later...

I started watching Modern Family a couple days ago and I've already finished season 1. I love it, one of the best shows I'v ever watched. The actor that plays Phil Dunphy is magnificent, that character is brilliant. I can't imagine having a dad like that.

Also sixth series has been confirmed for next year. Assume it will appear sky one again here.

Series had few iffy episodes early on but it's still excellent. As mentioned above the Vegas episode was brilliant.

I'm a big softy though, it occasionally catches my heart stings.

The Vegas episode reminded me of Frasier, the contrived stories and big finishes. It was excellent, the outstanding one of the series for me.

Co-creator Christopher Lloyd was a writer/producer on Frasier.

The Vegas episode was fantastic. When I heard beforehand that it was the first episode without the kids, I was a bit worried that it was going to be awful but it was one of their best epsiodes ever. The Australian episode was disappointing though, they tried to cram too much into the 22 minutes and it felt rushed, they definitely should have split it into a 2/3 parter and ditched a filler episode.

• 2 weeks later...