Doctor Who

yoda

Apparently it was fine on Freeview.  I initially thought it was a sound effect until I saw the complaints on Twitter.

I saw the official who Twitter apologise for it but I just thought "well mine was fine." It was only reading on here that I joined the dots. I've watched the last five minutes again on iPlayer and it made a bit more sense!

Thought that really dragged. Also some potential plotholes

- the doctor changed the algorithm so that the cybermen changed from looking for beings with 1 heart to 2 hearts, so why were the humans under threat for the rest of the episode?

- the doctor blows up the entire floor killing all the cybermen but neither him or bill are destroyed.

- bill was downstairs for 10 years but didn't age at all.

7 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You didn't enjoy any of the series? Not one episode?

I think, maybe, it's not the show for you.

To be fair, specifically with this show, there are a lot of long time fans of Doctor Who, who perhaps watched it as kids, who will watch it no matter how bad it goes.

Partly in hope of it getting better, partly in curiosity, partly in nostalgia.

I fall into this category.  I thought most of this series was absolute pie, but it doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching it, because it could be brilliant.

Thought that really dragged. Also some potential plotholes
- the doctor changed the algorithm so that the cybermen changed from looking for beings with 1 heart to 2 hearts, so why were the humans under threat for the rest of the episode?
- the doctor blows up the entire floor killing all the cybermen but neither him or bill are destroyed.
- bill was downstairs for 10 years but didn't age at all.

On first point i thought he had said he expanded it to also include 2 hearts as well as one....might be wrong tho. Other 2 are good examples of how sloppy the writing is these days.

You didn't enjoy any of the series? Not one episode?

I think, maybe, it's not the show for you.

No, not particularly. Capaldi was wasted, Bill was awful and none of the episodes had anything about them that made them stand out.

I did watch it as a kid but really I'm comparing it to the other "new" doctors, who I all really enjoyed. This is the first series I've genuinely struggled through and probably wouldn't have bothered if I wasn't watching it with the kids.

Fair enough. I thought it was the best series since, maybe, series three, but each to their own.

Loved Bill, liked Nardole, liked Capaldi, loved Missy. The creepy Tenth Planet Cybermen were fantastic.

There were some lesser episodes, but that's always going to be the case (and always has been), given the stop-start nature of the narrative.

Even in universally-acknowledged classic stories there are often episodes that are little more than filler... especially with the old 6/7-parters.

7 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Fair enough. I thought it was the best series since, maybe, series three, but each to their own.

Loved Bill, liked Nardole, liked Capaldi, loved Missy. The creepy Tenth Planet Cybermen were fantastic.

There were some lesser episodes, but that's always going to be the case (and always has been), given the stop-start nature of the narrative.

Even in universally-acknowledged classic stories there are often episodes that are little more than filler... especially with the old 6/7-parters.

:o 

I think, maybe, this tv thing isnt for you

Edited by Mr X

Yeah, a lot of old Doctor Who is really pretty pish. It's the good bits that get remembered though. I've personally thought this series was better than the previous one, which only really had "Heaven Sent" going for it.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Anyone been to the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff? Was thinking about taking it in before the Cardiff Villa game and wasn't sure how much time I would need. Would a couple of hours be enough?

Not been there but I'd imagine a couple of hours would be fine. It's not actually bigger on the inside...

The penultimate episode was really good. The finale, not so much.

I thought the Doctor was going to regenerate into Missy. He made a point of grabbing her hand before she left, I thought he was passing on some regeneration power or something.

I know you have to ignore some of the time travel logic but one bit stood out to me. Missy says she loved being the Master. Then conveniently forgets that as the Master, she shot herself in the back?

I thought she was passing him the dimensional control thingy so the Master couldn't take off. Had forgotten that till you mentioned it though.

Most likely they included that so that the incoming showrunner can make up an object and use it as the excuse for bringing an incarnation of The Master/Missy in a few series.

Only watched half this series before giving up, both me and my girlfriend enjoy the show as well. Went back to watch from the start again, and forgot how many crackers Tennant had. Just had the two "John Smith/Family of Blood" episodes followed by Blink. Sensational.

Only just discovered this thread. Gutted :( I haven't watched much of capaldi as the doctor as every episode i did was crap. Think he was a good doctor but story lines ruined it for me. Personally hope the doctor isn't a woman tho. I haven't totally giving up on doctor who but haven't been as into it since Smith left. Hope it's on the up and looking forward to the Christmas episode.