Doctor Who

yoda

An intensely worrying theory going around that all the "hybrid" chat is in reference to the Doctor, and it'll be revealed hes half-human at some point. Have to pray thats bollocks.

More promising is that every week pushes us closer to Clara leaving as the assistant, and hopefully a return to a grumpier Doctor. All the cheap comedy makes it absolutely reek of cheap BBC drama, when it can be so much more.

An intensely worrying theory going around that all the "hybrid" chat is in reference to the Doctor, and it'll be revealed hes half-human at some point. Have to pray thats bollocks.

More promising is that every week pushes us closer to Clara leaving as the assistant, and hopefully a return to a grumpier Doctor. All the cheap comedy makes it absolutely reek of cheap BBC drama, when it can be so much more.

I don't think she's that bad however I also don't think there's been many good ones (struggling to find a couple).

Safe to say that was an abomination of an episode; a pile of clichėd nonsense, as it usually tends to be when the plot goes anywhere pre-Victorian. The bad guy appearing in the sky like the sun out of Teletubbies is the most awful thing I have ever seen. The quality of actors brought in to play relatively prominent parts over an episode or two can be really quite dreadful aswell, from the Asian guy last week, to pretty much everyone besides Capaldi this week.

Obviously best to just wait and see what happens, but it looks like next week is just going to go the way of developing this Maisie Williams character and going in a different direction entirely. I'd welcome that in the sense that it would allow tonight's episode alone to hopefully be forgotten about entirely, but it would kind of defeat the purpose of having 'two-parters' at all.

What was that pish about the Doctor saying he knew why he had his current face all about? The part thay had flashbacks to Tennant's Doctor in that Pompeii/Vesuvius episode that Capaldi was in. Was he saying he deliberately (in a subconcious manner) chose the face of the Roman than Capaldi played?

What's the relevance?

What was that pish about the Doctor saying he knew why he had his current face all about? The part thay had flashbacks to Tennant's Doctor in that Pompeii/Vesuvius episode that Capaldi was in. Was he saying he deliberately (in a subconcious manner) chose the face of the Roman than Capaldi played?

What's the relevance?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what they were saying. It seemed rather ridiculous.

What's the relevance?

None, other than to answer a question no-one had asked. To be honest, the whole episode seemed like on big excuse to answer that while setting up Williams character

Think it was pre-emptive explanation on why The Doctor then went and handed that Williams lassie immortality, as he simply has to save everyone he possibly can. If you think back on that episode I'm sure he'd convinced himself he couldnt save anyone as it would effect history (blah blah) before deciding he could save a life because he had too save as much as he could, and his choice of face is to remind to save as many people as he can, ergo saving her as he knew a way he could.

The way that Peter Capaldi said "Eels", did anyone else instantly think of this???

I think it was probably that and the Benny Hill reference that enabled me to last through this particular episode!!

Think it was pre-emptive explanation on why The Doctor then went and handed that Williams lassie immortality, as he simply has to save everyone he possibly can. If you think back on that episode I'm sure he'd convinced himself he couldnt save anyone as it would effect history (blah blah) before deciding he could save a life because he had too save as much as he could, and his choice of face is to remind to save as many people as he can, ergo saving her as he knew a way he could.

Well, yes, that was the storyline. Was it really necessary though? Was anyone in any doubt as to whether the Doctor saved people or not? And if you want to keep a reminder of something, surely something you look at would be a better choice? I think the word we're all looking for, for that scene is twee

I don't really think we need them to explain why he looks like the character in Fires of Pompeii. We all know it's not real life and there may be actors playing more than one role.

Still, they made a big song and dance about how they were going to explain it not long after Capaldi was cast, so it was always gonna get brought up again.

I don't really think we need them to explain why he looks like the character in Fires of Pompeii. We all know it's not real life and there may be actors playing more than one role.

Still, they made a big song and dance about how they were going to explain it not long after Capaldi was cast, so it was always gonna get brought up again.

Ok, are they going to explain the rather prominent character he portrayed in Torchwood and how he looks like the Doctor as well next???

They mentioned that they would.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-09-30/doctor-who-steven-moffat-has-an-explanation-for-peter-capaldis-earlier-appearances

Tbh, I reckon they shouldn't bother. If they bring back Torchwood, by all means have it explained in an episode of that. However, no point in spending time in an episode of Dr Who discussing the plot of a programme only a percentage will have seen.