Doctor Who

yoda

Not a bad first episode at all. I noticed when he was flicking through her book that she had written every age except 23. I reckon that will end up being important by the end of the series.

Who is Richard E Grant's character again? Sure I saw him in an earlier episode but buggered if I can remember what he did.

Not a bad first episode at all. I noticed when he was flicking through her book that she had written every age except 23. I reckon that will end up being important by the end of the series.

Who is Richard E Grant's character again? Sure I saw him in an earlier episode but buggered if I can remember what he did.

He was the guy in charge of the snowmen thing in the Christmas episode.

I noticed the 23 thing as well.

Richard E Grant is the current incarnation of the Great Intelligence, from the Snowmen (Christmas 2012), and before that, the Yeti (Troughton era).yetidoctorwhochristmas062110a.jpg

After a lull of a couple of years, the current series of Dr. Who (i.e. the first part and this one) is amazing again. I would go as far to say as it is at its very best now. The turning point for me was the Neil Gaiman episode, the Dr's Wife. This series, it has been like they kept the best of Moffat, and also added in some of the best bits from the RTD era. Fantastic tv, I want to watch the episode again already.

After a lull of a couple of years, the current series of Dr. Who (i.e. the first part and this one) is amazing again. I would go as far to say as it is at its very best now. The turning point for me was the Neil Gaiman episode, the Dr's Wife. This series, it has been like they kept the best of Moffat, and also added in some of the best bits from the RTD era. Fantastic tv, I want to watch the episode again already.

Mr Gaiman is amazingly multi talented. Check out YouTube, enter Neil Gaiman and Psycho to hear him singing country and western! It is utterly brilliant...

Mr Gaiman is amazingly multi talented. Check out YouTube, enter Neil Gaiman and Psycho to hear him singing country and western! It is utterly brilliant...

He sings too? Whadda guy! Neil Gaiman gave us Neverwhere, for which I will be forever grateful.

Enjoyed last nights episode. The Great Intelligence is a villain I'm not really that familiar with. Both it's classic series stories are lost with only a couple of episodes from both surviving. And although I thought the christmas special was pretty poor, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it seeing as it looks like the G.I. be the overall villain of this series. At the very least it won't be the Daleks again which is good.

Thought Jenna Louise Coleman was pretty good. Anyone else think it was significant that Moffat made it clear she's basically a computer genius now thanks to being uploaded into the database thing? I only say because Oswin Oswald was a computer genius type as well in Asylum of the Daleks. Although she might have only been a computer genius in that as a result of being Dalekified.

Edited by captainkev

Enjoyed last nights episode. The Great Intelligence is a villain I'm not really that familiar with. Both it's classic series stories are lost with only a couple of episodes from both surviving. And although I thought the christmas special was pretty poor, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it seeing as it looks like the G.I. be the overall villain of this series. At the very least it won't be the Daleks again which is good.

Thought Jenna Louise Coleman was pretty good. Anyone else think it was significant that Moffat made it clear she's basically a computer genius now thanks to being uploaded into the database thing? I only say because Oswin Oswald was a computer genius type as well in Asylum of the Daleks. Although she might have only been a computer genius in that as a result of being Dalekified.

Also Clara was a babysitter, much like her Christmas Special counterpart.

Edited by rickyjdiaz

Also Clara was a babysitter, much like her Christmas Special counterpart.

Very true although the Doctor did make a reference to that while I don't think he made the connection between Oswin Oswald's computer skills and Clara's sudden proficiency with technology.

Awesome, I hadn't seen that picture yet, just the one with Tennant and Smith before. I wasn't all that hyped for the 50th anniversary before today but those images of Tennant and Smith have got me really pumped.

I realise as well now that I'm glad that my final memories of the 10th Doctor aren't going to be of that self-absorbed "I don't want to go" moment too.

Could you imagine if the had ecclestones doctor with smiths one, 2 complete contrasts more than likely arguing with each other while David tennants would be thinking to himself.