Doctor Who

yoda

I enjoyed that a lot more than the series opener.

There seemed to be loads of movie references in this episode. The market place had a very "Star Wars" feel to it. There were 2 Indiana Jones nods (sonic screwdriver snatched from the closing door and Clara's mother's maiden name being Ravenwood) and 2 Blade Runner ones ("I've seen things you people wouldn't believe" and "home again, home again jiggidy jig").

I'm sure there was more.

Probably the worst episode (outside of the Christmas specials) that I've seen. The story was incoherent, the blue screen scooter effects were awful, and the resumption of it by singing and TALKING LOUDLY has been done to death. No more musical numbers please.

Anyone else feel the visiting of the young Clara was a rehash of previous storylines involving Rose/Donna/Amy, where something in their past is key to something in the Doctors future?

Also the way Clara goes around clutching that bloody book is is really starting to bug me, like a piece of celery pinned to a jacket.

Edited by jester

Some, IMO, top class geek info for you!!!

Do with it as you will...“

*Clara's Mum died the same day the Doctor met Rose Tyler, March 05 2005 - was she killed by Autons???"

*The car that almost hit Clara's father is identical to the one that hit Rose's father"

*The book that Clara loves is written by "Amelia Williams"

*An anagram for Clara Oswin Oswald is "A Window Across All"

*Clara's "missing years" from the 101 Places to See book is 16 and 26. Victorian Clara was born November 23, 1866, Victorian Clara was 26 at the time of her death, if the year the Doctor is meeting the current Clara is 2013, then she was 16 in 2005, the year Clara's Mum died and the Doctor met Rose"

*Possible connection between House and Great Intelligence...reason TARDIS does not like Clara, could this be connected to Bad Wolf, especially considering that Bad Wolf is what made Jack "impossible" just as Clara is impossible. The Tardis reacted negatively to Jack as well which is interesting"

*Clara's desktop is fields..."Fields of Trenzalore"???"

“Never ignore a coincidence. Unless you’re busy, in which case always ignore a coincidence.”

Edited by King Kebab

Seen an interview with Matt Smith earlier today, when asked if he could give any hints about the 50th anniversary special all he said was

Pictures

So what are the chances

A picture of the 10th Doctor someone manages to come to life

Or is that a bit obvious

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Just got around to watching the second episode of the new series and i wish they would get rid of this emotional guff thats shoved in of everyone together can defeat evil shit. Everyone singing the same song, saying the same word, thinking the same thought - cant stand it. That pish with the leaf. And the little brat of a Queen or whatever she was. Another episode where i wanted the Doctor to fail miserably.

Enjoyed the first, now torn between keeping watching.

Can't help but feel I'm only watching this now out of routine. It's all getting pretty dull.

Actually starting to miss RTD and David Tenant.

Ive said the same thing for most of the last few years, and Im still not a fan of the new Doctor, but this series has been excellent in my view! I watched the episode with the singing about 4 times!

That said, I didnt really think much of this week's show.

I enjoyed last saturdays episode a lot more than the Rings of Akhaten. I enjoyed the setting of the Rings episode, it's nice to finally get a full on alien planet without some kind of tie or link back to Earth. Like most people I didn't particularly enjoy the whole singing resolution, bit naff really but it did look good at points. I know it's not meant to be but the Doctor observing Clara throughout her life came off as a bit stalkerish.

Cold War worked pretty well for me though. It's good to see the Ice Warriors make a return, I loved the 2nd Doctor Ice Warrior story The Seeds of Death so I'm happy to see them again. Thought the setting of the submarine was a good choice, small, enclosed claustrophobic locations work really well for Doctor Who stories. Clara's really starting to grow on me, I wasn't an Amy or Rory hater but they really had run their course by the end and having Jenna Louise Coleman in as the companion has really freshened things up. Glad to see David Warner finally get a role on onscreen Doctor Who, thought he was pretty good in it too.

Haunted house episode next week,looks like it has potential.

I enjoyed last saturdays episode a lot more than the Rings of Akhaten. I enjoyed the setting of the Rings episode, it's nice to finally get a full on alien planet without some kind of tie or link back to Earth. Like most people I didn't particularly enjoy the whole singing resolution, bit naff really but it did look good at points. I know it's not meant to be but the Doctor observing Clara throughout her life came off as a bit stalkerish.

Cold War worked pretty well for me though. It's good to see the Ice Warriors make a return, I loved the 2nd Doctor Ice Warrior story The Seeds of Death so I'm happy to see them again. Thought the setting of the submarine was a good choice, small, enclosed claustrophobic locations work really well for Doctor Who stories. Clara's really starting to grow on me, I wasn't an Amy or Rory hater but they really had run their course by the end and having Jenna Louise Coleman in as the companion has really freshened things up. Glad to see David Warner finally get a role on onscreen Doctor Who, thought he was pretty good in it too.

Haunted house episode next week,looks like it has potential.

The series trailer had a good line in relation to this story.

"I am the doctor, and I am scared"

Looks like it could be a cracker

Really enjoyed tonight episode. The only thing that annoys me is the TARDIS control room, still seems tiny in comparison to the previous!

Again, Matt Smith was brilliant.

Also, my theory about who Clara is

love child of Captain Jack. She never dies, Tardis doesn't like her and I believe Jack was Moffat's creation way back during the Eccleston days

Or I could be talking shite

Edited by Enrico Annoni