Doctor Who

yoda

I wouldn't say it's rivers final episode, she is locked away in the library, but her life before that still could have some stuff to explain

So what was the doctors name, I never really locked onto anything that could be labeled as it.

i always assumed it was something shite like, Walter.

I wouldn't say it's rivers final episode, she is locked away in the library, but her life before that still could have some stuff to explain

So what was the doctors name, I never really locked onto anything that could be labeled as it.

They didn't answer it, they never were going to. Practically everyone called it back in 2011 that that's what Moffat would do. I've never honestly been interested in what the Doctor's real name is. No matter what it was, if they'd actually revealed it then it would have been a massive disapointment. They'd be as well as calling him Steve for all that it matters. Frankly, I wish Moffat had never brought the whole issue up.

They always said it was going to be a game-changer. He could just be an incarnation of the Time-Lord, but not the one who is "The Doctor". We don't know what happened in it, they always cited cost, maybe in November we're going to find out...

Maybe we have it all wrong and he is the first one before Hartnell, who then decides "screw this I'm going to do some good!"

No Silence in tonights episode. Surprised they didn't appear to finish off the arc and try and stop the Dr. getting to Trenzalore. Would have thought they'd be on look-out.

Then it gets ridiculously complicated defining who this time lord is if he's not the Doctor surely?

I get the feeling Moffat's gotten bored with the whole "silence will fall" arc and he's just decided to ignore it now. I don't think he's ever answered why the Tardis exploded during The Pandora Opens.

i always assumed it was something shite like, Walter.

I would have been gutted had it been something like "Ian bertrude"

Safe bet that after all the theories being thrown across the web, come November it will all turn out to be something else entirely.

Also, can we de-spoiler the spoilers?

Anyone who hasn't seen tonight's episode can simply not open the thread yet. I see nothing wrong with the speculation.

Articles elsewhere indicate that it is the 9th iteration of the Timelord known as the Doctor, but that his actions, connected to the Time War, were so horrific, that he sought to disown those acts by refusing to accept that regeneration period as attributable to the pseudonym he had otherwise adopted before and since.

Articles elsewhere indicate that it is the 9th iteration of the Timelord known as the Doctor, but that his actions, connected to the Time War, were so horrific, that he sought to disown those acts by refusing to accept that regeneration period as attributable to the pseudonym he had otherwise adopted before and since.

The more I hear about this idea the more I dislike it. It's far too convienent for the Doctor to say "Oh well, now with the benefit of hindsight, I don't like what did in that incarnation so I'm just going to pretend I was never that man. There, problem solved." That's a cowards way out frankly. It's refusing responsibility for your actions and the Ecclestone, Tennant and Smith Doctors have all shown they feel guilty for their past actions.

I just really don't think that they will introduce a previously unmentioned incarnation of this timelord in the 50th anniversary celebrations of the show. If they go down this approach then there is no way the Doctor can come out of this smelling of roses and frankly I have too much faith in Moffat for him to go down this stupidly risky route on such an important occasion.

Torchwood & doctor who should both stay separate. The only time I would accept a crossover is a cameo appearance by jack which triggers an event with the doctor.

Where did that episode come from? It felt like every other episode were just filler episodes waiting until this one aired. For me almost every episode in a series of Doctor Who should be as good as that or close to being that good. It just makes the previous episodes this year seem even more dull and pointless than most of them already were.

My favourite episodes are the ones where the villains are scary and creepy, and they definitely were this week.

It had started becoming a bit of a chore for me to watch every week, but now i can't wait until November.

Was chatting to my brother the other week, and he's heard a rumour that the second half of the season will be much like the first (and low cost to run).

Reckons that the money is all being held back for the 50th anniversary (of which we've heard nothing) to max out the CGI and have a multi doctor special.

:whistle

My god, that was amazing! This last series has been really amazing, I think I've enjoyed it more than any Dr Who before. Also, John Hurt is an amazing actor, Clara is amazingly beautiful, the writing has improved massively in the last series, and the only weakness (IMO) is Matt Smith, but even he isn't too bad.

In short, its almost all amazing.