Doctor Who

yoda

It was the Silence who blew up the TARDIS.

It was never really confirmed though. And if I just missed the bit where it was confirmed it was them, it's definitely never been said how they managed it either and given the consequences, why the hell they were trying to do it in the first place.

The really frustrating thing is that the voice who said "silence will fall" and made the crack on the tardis screen has never been revealed either and that was one of the big questions at the end of series 5. Two series later and we still don't have an answer. It's like Steven Moffat has been trying to emulate Lost's approach to creating intrigue and mystery.

Edited by captainkev

Press release embargoed until midnight - looks like Smith is gone at Christmas and the 2014 series starts transmitting in August 2014.

Press release embargoed until midnight - looks like Smith is gone at Christmas and the 2014 series starts transmitting in August 2014.

Is this press release definitely going to be about Matt Smith? It could be something like an important casting announcement for the 50th? As Ad Lib said, Smith's been quite firm on the fact he'll be hanging around for a little longer.

Perhaps he was keeping his intentions secret so they could have a shock regeneration, but now have to announce it as it is going to be leaked, or because Smith wants to make film directors realise that he is available for filming next year?

If he does go I think it's a shame as I think he's been an excellent Doctor.

The bloke that plays Loki in "Thor" would be a decent replacement, if they could get him.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Perhaps he was keeping his intentions secret so they could have a shock regeneration, but now have to announce it as it is going to be leaked, or because Smith wants to make film directors realise that he is available for filming next year?

If he does go I think it's a shame as I think he's been an excellent Doctor.

The bloke that plays Loki in "Thor" would be a decent replacement, if they could get him.

Tom Hiddleston would be good. I was actually thinking about potential folk who could have played the Doctor. Fassbender would be good IMO, obviously if they had got him before he became a superstar and was still acting in Poirot.

Confirmed - Smith goes at Christmas, no new actor cast yet, sadly Moffat is staying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/10093520/Matt-Smith-to-quit-Doctor-Who-after-Christmas-special.html

I always get quite excited when we're going to get a new doctor. Smith was good but so were the other two before him so I'm looking forward to it.

Has anyone left the new series of doctor who and their career not go downhill? The grass isn't exactly greener for the majority of them and I'd imagine most people who have left would now come back in an instant if they could, ecclestone excluded.

I always get quite excited when we're going to get a new doctor. Smith was good but so were the other two before him so I'm looking forward to it.

Has anyone left the new series of doctor who and their career not go downhill? The grass isn't exactly greener for the majority of them and I'd imagine most people who have left would now come back in an instant if they could, ecclestone excluded.

Ecclestone and Tennant haven't really done all that badly since they've left. Paul McGann's had steady work since his outing as the Doctor as well. Peter Davison's done quite well for himself since Doctor Who and I imagine that if anything, being the Doctor opened up doors for Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy. Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee all got good roles after they left the show too. William Hartnell's health prevented him doing much else after Doctor Who so I'd say the only actor whose career has actually suffered from being The Doctor is Tom Baker and that's just because he stayed on too long.

With regards to Matt Smith I honestly didn't see that coming. I thought he seemed keen to stick around a while longer. Shame as I do like his Doctor although, I really hope he switches back to his older costume. I really don't like the new version and I hope thats not the costume he regenerates in.

Still, the build up to a regeneration and a new doctor is always good. It's just the injection of interest I need for Doctor Who as series 7 as whole has just come across as a bit... "meh" for me.

Cumberbatch?

Can't see it at all. He'll have plenty of film offers I'm sure.

Anyway, enough of the cutesy, wacky, funny Doctor. I want to next one to be a straight up badass. I want him to get pissed up, start fights, destroy whole alien civilisations, shag his way across the universe and generally abuse his knowledge and technology.